Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 12-17-2009, 06:23 AM
3dlee

Default Nater, Matt to twitter?

I know Matt's really busy and probably not big on such social networking sites, but I really enjoy following Chuck Liddell, Dana White, and even Joe Rogan. I think it'd be cool for Matt to be 'atwitter during his training for Renzo. Definitley understand if he's not intersted, but was curious if he's thought about it. In my opinion for famous ppl, twitter>myspace/facebook because it really seems to give an insight into what they do day to day. Just curious if there were any plans for it so I could be one of the first follow

Nater?
Old 12-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Miss Foxy

I think thats lame if he did I can't imagine Matt as busy as he is twittering away..
Old 12-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Administrator

We discussed it right around the same time that Matt set up his Facebook page. We ultimately decided that there wasn't really any point in doing the whole Twitter thing.

However, those of you who would like to see Matt Twitter, then feel free to argue your case here.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
We discussed it right around the same time that Matt set up his Facebook page. We ultimately decided that there wasn't really any point in doing the whole Twitter thing.

However, those of you who would like to see Matt Twitter, then feel free to argue your case here.
I signed up and started following HIT squad, Chuck, Dana, Miguel Torres, and Shane Carwin. It might be cool for Matt to do it but he could also just have Todd put training updates on the HIT squad page. I know that Matt like to have people come to this site for info, so it's not a big deal if he doesn't do twitter.

[
Old 12-17-2009, 08:24 PM
TENNESSEAN

Could be a good way to send new traffic to the website. Free advertisement.
I say try it for 3 months see if anything good comes out of it.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:32 PM

I'm against it!

But its only me personally because I detest Twitter and don't use it!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:50 PM
3dlee

i was certainly anti-twitter until i found out how many fighters are using it. its funny just to see chuck liddell cut up with buddies and tito talk to trash. i think matt could have fun with it.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

Please no. I don't want twitter. I want people to need to come here for Matt news.

~Amy
Old 12-17-2009, 09:48 PM
3dlee

I believe this would definitely be the place to go for matt exclusives and news. twitters more of "on my way to the deerstand heres a pic" kinda thing as opposed to dropping big info. i dunno why im on such a big twitter kick. but if you were to sign up, follow some of your fav fighters, youd find its addictive. way more so than myspace for me. and it could even be "hey guys posted my new blog head over to matt-hughes.com to read it." i think it would bring traffic this way.

here's the big Q: If matt were to get a twitter, sign here if you'd get a twitter to "follow" him or use your current twitter to keep up with our hero.

1.3dlee
Old 12-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Crisco

It is kind of cool to get updates on the fighters you support