Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-16-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddtodd76 View Post
My highlights:

Also getting our pets...the little pains in the butts. The dog and the two cats...each with their own personality. We wouldn't be whole as a family without them.
Yup, we're the same, Todd.

(only with 2 dogs and 3 cats)
Old 12-16-2009, 11:40 PM
Oddtodd76

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Yup, we're the same, Todd.

(only with 2 dogs and 3 cats)
well, the kids don't know...but it will soon be two dogs and two cats. Our cocker spaniel needs a friend.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:58 PM
Administrator

1. Helping Mark out on the farm and getting to learn how to drive tractors, run an auger wagon, cut, rake and bale hay, etc. It was months of hard work and long days, but I enjoyed every minute of it (except when I broke something) and look forward to doing it all again next year (with hopefully less mistakes). I also have to commend Mark on the extreme level of patience that he displayed, especially when I did something totally stupid.

2. Traveling out to Vegas, getting together with all the forum members (meeting some for the first time), and being octagon-side as Matt defeated Serra.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:58 PM

Awesome!! We have spaniels too!
Old 12-17-2009, 12:01 AM

Heh, we hit "post" at the same time, Nate.

That's pretty neat what you got to do this summer even though it's hard work. Tom would really like get an old muscle car and learn how to refurbish it, I guess it's not work if you're learning something new, eh?
Old 12-17-2009, 12:03 AM

I would love to see Matt fight. Unfortunately, with the typical luck of the Irish, we would probably wind up with seats in nosebleed alley. Plus, the older I get the less I like crowded situations...

But it would be so exciting to actually be there!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
1. Helping Mark out on the farm and getting to learn how to drive tractors, run an auger wagon, cut, rake and bale hay, etc. It was months of hard work and long days, but I enjoyed every minute of it (except when I broke something) and look forward to doing it all again next year (with hopefully less mistakes). I also have to commend Mark on the extreme level of patience that he displayed, especially when I did something totally stupid.

2. Traveling out to Vegas, getting together with all the forum members (meeting some for the first time), and being octagon-side as Matt defeated Serra.
You met ME!!!! I have pictures to prove it. They hang in my dining room along with all my other mma fighter pictures.

~Amy
Old 12-17-2009, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I would love to see Matt fight. Unfortunately, with the typical luck of the Irish, we would probably wind up with seats in nosebleed alley. Plus, the older I get the less I like crowded situations...

But it would be so exciting to actually be there!!!
Ugh, I hate crowds. I describe it as feeling like an autistic child, completely overwhelmed with the overstimulation of it all. Vegas freaked me out but I had a blast thanks to the people I was with. Not once did I have a moment of panic, uncertainty, or worry.

~Amy
Old 12-17-2009, 01:12 AM

I appreciate the reassurance, Amy! I would be worried that all the noise and the crowd would send my anxiety level through the roof...so maybe it would work out after all.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:25 AM
Oddtodd76

Quote:
Awesome!! We have spaniels too!
Just don't say black with a white spot on the front. Might get freaky round here!