Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-16-2009, 07:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Highlights of your year

so what has happened in this last year that fills you with joy just to think about it? perhaps it is an experience, or perhaps an achievement?

For me, absolutely hands down, it was my Second American Dreams tour, which saw 19 days of me traveling over the United States in September. Specifically meeting Jens Pulver, having dinner with him, and then getting to interview him, and what he said to me in the carpark outside afterwards, but also Sitting on outside my room on the veranda at the Ramada Inn West, in Richmond when it was sunset, reading or writing in my diary and watching the world go by (and of course meeting Ben ) also, the fun me and aaron had getting lost on the wat to Granite city , or perhaps walking along the shoreline of Lake Michigan infront of downtown Chicago, which was a two year dream of mine from when I flew over the skyline in 2007, or possibly sitting in amoungst the cactus in The Botanical Gardens on the National Mall in Washington DC reflecting on all i'd done right at the end of my tour.

What about other years?

Well I dont want to bore you, but The International Wine Festival during Freshers Week at Bradford University in 2000 was much fun, as was going as a whole floor, to see the premier of Hannibal

In 2001 I think it must have been the work I did as a Fundraiser for Saint John Ambulance in Leeds, going door to door for three weeks trying to get pledges by direct debit and working on a commission basis only

In 2003 it must have been the week long celebrations for my Twenty First Birthday, organised by all kinds of friends Also getting a First for my Dissertation.

In 2004, hands down the best experience I ever had at Saint Paul's Cathedral was watching the Consecration of Bishops Ceremonial from back stage. Watching them come in dressed as Priests, and watching them change into Bishops Vestments, attended to by Virgers, whilst the Congregation were praying for them. Also, when I got invited to Tom and Steves home in Walthamstow for this grande dinner they put on. That was fantastic, mostly because I wasnt expecting to be invited

2006 was joining this place, and the hours I spent talking to Denise offside.

2007 was definately my first States Trip, getting to meet Boomer, and Matt Hughes, (although the actual moment we first met was kinda embarissing for me ) and also being shown around his land on this funny little truck thing that Nathan drove (I was like clinging to the back trying not to fall off ) Seeing Nathan in his armchair, and knowing that at all times, he has some kind of scented Candle burning in the house. Very quaint indeed and then Matt Hughes co signing all my travellers cheques so the bank would actually cash them...that was real strange, you had this official looking cheque and on each one, my signiture appeared next to his )

2008, had to be being invited along free to Cage Gladiators, and winning letter of the month in Fighters Only Magazine. All the endless hours of fun that my Camara has bought me.

What about you
Old 12-16-2009, 07:48 PM
billwilliams70

I don't really know........
Old 12-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Highlights of my year. Hmmm..... There are many. I became a divorcee and moved to North Carolina. While I have missed Texas, I am finding that I'm really happy here.

I've gotten to hang out with Jeff. I got to see Matt fight live and meet several of our forum members who are just amazingly cool. I finally got to hug BoomTown.

I've gotten to spend a good amount of quality time with my dad while he still knows who I am. I've gotten to spend more time with my mother, to be her support when she feels alone and scared, when the sadness of being a caregiver to the person who should be your partner. I've become closer to my brothers and their families.

I've gotten to see my children earn their black belts after 3 years of extremely hard work and dedication at a time when it's the fashion to give up when it's hard and the new has worn off. I continue to watch them as they become closer to adulthood and watch how they start feeling out the world and what they believe all for themselves instead of just buying into what pop culture tells them.

I met my current boyfriend. He's absolutely amazing. The last 7 months have been filled with wonderfulness. We've gone on adventures and I have discovered that yes, I am still FUN!!! I'm not old and crotchety (shut up, Michelle and Mac).

Ok, that's pretty much it. Oh yeah, I adopted my Henry. He's a lab mix and he's a lot of fun. He's also a pain in the butt. I love him.

~Amy
Old 12-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I am still FUN!!! I'm not old and crotchety (shut up, Michelle and Mac).

~Amy
And the survey says !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WRONG!!!!
Old 12-16-2009, 10:10 PM
Mac

Hmmmm .

Had a good year for quite a bit of stuff .

Made some good progress on my project.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
And the survey says !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WRONG!!!!
Mac, I told you to shut up.

~Amy
Old 12-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Preach

Got married....

then got divorced....

got a job.........

then I lost it..........
Old 12-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preach View Post
Got married....

then got divorced....

got a job.........

then I lost it..........

Were you in a country song? Wait, did you mention prison? Or trucks? Or mama? Or getting drunk?

~Amy
Old 12-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Oddtodd76

My highlights:

In july we went out west to Colorado, South Dakota, Wyoming, etc. It was nice to have the whole family together for a full week(regardless of what they say!). And seeing the mountains. I was a little kid when i last seen them.

Also getting our pets...the little pains in the butts. The dog and the two cats...each with their own personality. We wouldn't be whole as a family without them.

And i guess the rest of my highlights would be just being down on the farm, whether it was hunting, fishing or shooting...heck, i will even say running the tractor.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:32 PM

Good lord, Preach, was that all in one year???

{{Amy}} Hang in there. My mom was dad's caretaker for 10 years, fortunately I lived only 10 minutes from them so was able to relieve some of the pressure/stress she had.

The highlight of my year was buying and moving into our house here in Olympia, Washington, last New Year's Day. Tom (my better half) was offered a position from his boss for a couple hours west of where we lived in Aug. of 2007. He jumped at it! However, we spent a pretty tense year renting here in Olympia while trying to sell our home in this horrible market (it was on the market for 14 months!) We ended up selling it for less than we paid for it in 2005 but eventually realized that this was all part of the "plan" and we are now in a town and house we love and Tom is so much happier in his job.

Whew, this is a novel...