Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-15-2009, 08:39 PM
TENNESSEAN

Weeney dog Attack
gotta watch those weeney dogs
Old 12-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Twinsmama

I'm an insurance agent also. Always the first on unacceptable breed list. I agree with Mac 100% up til that skinning them thing. I have known many people including family members that have had pits. I have seen (with my own eyes) their craziness. I have seen them turn on their owners. I have seen many guys that hog hunt with pits because of the natural instinct to latch on and not let go.

I can not jog down my road because of the pits that growl and chase my car (obviously they would chase me...I can't run that fast!) Some of my neighbors pits even have wondered up to my house and growled at me. Since I have woods all around my house and not many neighbors there are a lot of dogs. it seems at least 50% are pits. I think most of them are used for hunting.

I think pit bulls are bad breeds. i'm sure there are some that are great but i've known enough bad ones not to trust them.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Crisco

Maybe search for a bigger dog mac?

How about doberman, boxer, rotwiler(sp)

That's like saying I'll test the punching power of IVan drago against a midget.

The key to keeping a pitbull civil is to make sure they never taste blood.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:20 PM
TENNESSEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post

or breath oxygen!!
Old 12-15-2009, 09:37 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
Maybe search for a bigger dog mac?

How about doberman, boxer, rotwiler(sp)

That's like saying I'll test the punching power of IVan drago against a midget.

Every pit has a first time. Are you saying that someone allows them to taste blood before their first attack? Think about how much that statement makes NO sense. None.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:52 PM
DonnaMaria

I lived next to a family with a Pitbull and I couldn't let my girls play outside for two years without someone in my family standing guard with a shotgun. The dog constantly tried to jump the fence to attack them. Every time I called Animal Control they laughed at me and told me that I just wasn't used to big dogs. ( This was just weeks after my old Rottie passed away. A wonderful dog who was NEVER agressive in his life and never attacked/bit anyone.) I was just waiting for that damn dog to actually jump the fence but it never did! UGH!

The Pit was allowed to threaten my girls until it killed another pet in the area. Then it was put down. Finally.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Mac

ohh i know dobermans have attacked as well as rotties . but when it comes right down to it , pitbull attack numbers are wayyyyyyyy more. I dont know the exact stats .
Old 12-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Mac

Yeah Crisco , i like ya buddy , but that statement makes no sence. I could feed our beagle coagulated blood and im pretty sure he isnt going to turn into a man eater. However the instinct is imbedded in the pitbull breed as soon as they are born . It just depends on when and what is going to flip the kill switch inside.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:29 PM
DonnaMaria

oh, I also wanted to mention that now I have a Cane Corso ( Italian Mastiff) and he is a BIG DOG, but not agressive at all. In fact I distrust our little Carin Terrier but I trust Titus completely. So it's not a anti big dog bias in my case.

I guess it comes down to responsible ownership. When I got my Rottie and Mastiff ( from the same breeder actually ) I had to sign off that I would put the animal down if it EVER showed the slightest sign of aggression. Ever. Any sign. Even the smallest thing. Because it was too dangerous to ignore.

I'm sure that the Pits who ended up attacking and killing probably had small signs of aggression that the owners ignored. And that comes down to being irresponsible as a pet owner.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:45 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Well I dont really like any kind of dog. I verge on being phobic of them actually. The stupidly small sausage dogs I could cope with...but anything bigger, you know, I dont and wouldnt choose to be around them, I certainly wouldnt interact with them, I would try extremely hard not to touch them, and would never, ever play with them...I dont like them. I hate the loud barking noises that they make, I dont like the way they always try and jump up at you...I dont perceive that as being playful or happy, I perceive that as being extremely threatening and most uncomfortable...I used to do a paper round...and every week this dumbass dog would be waiting for me outside his house.

I came to hate it, I mean, really hate it...the house had an immense driveway, and it was gravel, so their was no way of being quick or quiet...and the moment I set foot on that property, this heafty and loud bellowing object on four legs would come bounding up, it would bark, it would jump at my paper bag, and it would snarl at me when I did my best to ignore it, or managed to walk past/through it without stopping...it would get between me and the doors letterbox, through which I was supposed to post they paper, and that was bloody awkward, because then it was being held up against a hard wall, and dogs...well most animals actually...do not like to feel they are being trapped...but the creature just wouldnt move out of the way, it did it deliberately, because it knew that I would find that irritating...bloody dog was sadistic...I admit, I might, once or twice have accidently on purpose made contact with its head through the paper I was trying to get rid of ...which was fantastic...coz then the twat would think I was playing with him ...and it would want to explore how many times it could leap and strike the paper so hard with its head that it would be knocked out of my hands...then we'd have the situation where I wanted to pick it up...and the monster would take it as a challenge to do everything within its power to make that simple task as difficult as possible.

I really hate dogs