Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-13-2009, 03:38 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Default Down Syndrome guy gets KO'd for kicking a 4 year old

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...3p4c6Xl5jRsSPb
Old 02-13-2009, 03:55 AM

I wonder why he kicked the boy? The few down syndrome people I've met over the years have always been very loving and gentle.

I can understand the man's first reaction wanting to retaliate, but I don't think he should have hit the young man like that.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:16 AM
Hughes_GOAT

it was clearly a hate crime. he's mentally handicapped and white.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:21 AM
matthughesfan21

honestly, if I had a child(especially such a young child) and I saw someone much bigger than him, physically abuse my child, I would do the exact same thing as the father did, and I doubt I would feel sorry...I know this might sound bad, but if I was in that situation, my child's well-being would be the upmost important thing to me, no matter what
Old 02-13-2009, 04:27 AM
Stump Rules!

If you look closely you can see that he doesn't even kick him hard, you actually see him kinda restrain himself so he doesn't kick him too hard ( which tells me he knew exactly what he was doing) ....HOWEVER, when you have a little 4 year old son and someone kicks him ( no matter how "light" or even if they are some how handicapped) it's more of an instinct to protect and that punch doesn't surprise me at all and I can't blame him.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-13-2009, 04:30 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
If you look closely you can see that he doesn't even kick him hard, you actually see him kinda restrain himself so he doesn't kick him too hard ( which tells me he knew exactly what he was doing) ....HOWEVER, when you have a little 4 year old son and someone kicks him ( no matter how "light" or even if they are some how handicapped) it's more of an instinct to protect and that punch doesn't surprise me at all and I can't blame him.
agreed completely, all it took for the father to snap was to see that man attempt to hit his child, he was perfectly in the right to do what he did...If I had to choose between harming a handicapping person or seeing my child get harmed, you better believe I would protect my child
Old 02-13-2009, 04:30 AM
kyle

After watching that a couple times I really don't know if the father knew the man was handicapped it happen so quick and the angle the father was at when the down syndrome man attack his son.....who knows, he may not have hit the man if he realized he had down syndrome. (or at least I would hope he wouldn't)
Old 02-13-2009, 04:31 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:

That is what I was thinking, Michelle. It is hard for me sometimes to refrain from kicking the little basketball player that steals the ball from my boy. If someone ever kicks him, well, I have bail money already in savings.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:42 AM

Quote:
I don't blame the man for reacting to someone hurting his child. It's just knowing that the other one has down syndrome. I'm wondering if the little boy accidentally touched him and he took it like the boy "hitting" him or something. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make excuses for him kicking the little boy. It's just, no matter that he's older, he still might think and react like a child. I don't think they comprehend like a quote, normal, unquote, person. I think they are very "childlike".

Like I said, the ones I've met and known over the years have all been very loving and gentle. They usually want to give you a hug even if you're a stranger.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:43 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
I don't blame the man for reacting to someone hurting his child. It's just knowing that the other one has down syndrome. I'm wondering if the little boy accidentally touched him and he took it like the boy "hitting" him or something. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make excuses for him kicking the little boy. It's just, no matter that he's older, he still might think and react like a child. I don't think they comprehend like a quote, normal, unquote, person. I think they are very "childlike".

Like I said, the ones I've met and known over the years have all been very loving and gentle. They usually want to give you a hug even if you're a stranger.
Didn't watch it, did you?