Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
what I can look it up on IMDB if you insist...but just by the title I can tell its not the sorta film I'd watch more then likely
It's a fantastic movie and I think honestly you shouldn't be able to move forward and watch any new movies until you've watched this one.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is online now
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
It's a fantastic movie and I think honestly you shouldn't be able to move forward and watch any new movies until you've watched this one.
let me look it up
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is online now
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

is it the 1946 film that appears to be a twist on scrouge films by any chance
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
is it the 1946 film that appears to be a twist on scrouge films by any chance
Kind of....

Scrooge is shown the reel of his life as it "was", "is" and "will be" if he does not change his cold heart and miserly ways.

George Bailey is shown by the angel what life would have been like for his family, friends and the townspeople if he had never been born.

E. Scrooge's life was one spent in selfishness and misery for others, whereas G. Bailey's life was one of selflessness for the greater good of others.

"...everytime a bell rings, an angel gets his wings."

It's a classic, Dave.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is online now
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Kind of....

Scrooge is shown the reel of his life as it "was", "is" and "will be" if he does not change his cold heart and miserly ways.

George Bailey is shown by the angel what life would have been like for his family, friends and the townspeople if he had never been born.

E. Scrooge's life was one spent in selfishness and misery for others, whereas G. Bailey's life was one of selflessness for the greater good of others.

"...everytime a bell rings, an angel gets his wings."

It's a classic, Dave.
It looks to be in black and white. I dont think I'd enjoy it very much to be honnest, its not the sort of film I would choose to watch...ever...sort of thing
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
It looks to be in black and white. I dont think I'd enjoy it very much to be honnest, its not the sort of film I would choose to watch...ever...sort of thing

Jens Pulver is in it...
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Shoots like a girl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I dont think Ive ever seen this movie, Mark, but now I will have to go rent it!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-14-2009, 05:04 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post

Jens Pulver is in it...
LOL

Seriously though, it's a great movie Dave. You would definitely love it, you big softie.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is online now
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post

Jens Pulver is in it...
no he isnt. Jens Pulver wasnt alive in 1946
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-14-2009, 05:11 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is online now
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
LOL

Seriously though, it's a great movie Dave. You would definitely love it, you big softie.
They tend to just bore me though. I have to either be watching something that makes me think. Or I have to be watching something wholly violent and filled with gore

I dont do romance, I dont really do comedy because I find a lot of comedy irritating and stupid rather then funny...with the exception of Have I Got News For You...which does make me laugh...but its also short and sweet. Keeping up appearences makes me laugh aswell

HIGNFY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trE_bkWUFsE

KUA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKqc_BPXAsM

The other reason I might watch something like that is if there is an actor/actress I'm interested in. For example, I can be pretty sure that anything with Meg Ryan in will be at least watchable, and probably slightly ammusing every so often to me...because she is fantastic at whatever it is she's portraying (im sure theres an exception but I havent found it yet) I dont generally do black and white because I find it...really...odd that its not colour

I might appear an emotional softie, but not when it comes to films, I dont cry even at terribly sad films...in my entire life, ive only ever cried at one film
__________________

Last edited by Tyburn; 12-14-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.