Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-12-2009, 02:13 PM
rearnakedchoke

He should take HGH and slather on some vaseline .. then he can get to GSP's level ..

Ha, beat Preach to it ... LOL
Old 02-12-2009, 02:14 PM
GroundNPound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I don't think it will much matter after the Serra fight Honestly.

Serra should consider 155 if he wants to keep fighting at a top level. The dude has talent but can't hang with the size difference at 170.

Assuming Hughes doesn't hurt him too bad.

Yeah, Matt is probably going to retire.

What happened to the Mark come back rumor??
Old 02-12-2009, 02:15 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Agreed at 155 too.

Thiago Alves made a good point when he said guys are training better then ever. So they are bigger and stronger.
In an interview with Thiago, don't know it it were posted on here, but he plans on being the biggest he has been ever for his fight with GSP ... he says he is gonna be fighting somewhere at around 200 lbs for that fight as he thinks he sees it as an advantage ...
Old 02-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Crisco

You guys want an HGH subject. Thiago all the way.

I'm calling it right now Thiago won't make 170 for this fight.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Straight Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
In an interview with Thiago, don't know it it were posted on here, but he plans on being the biggest he has been ever for his fight with GSP ... he says he is gonna be fighting somewhere at around 200 lbs for that fight as he thinks he sees it as an advantage ...
And he's going to somehow manage to cut to 170 without diaretics this time? Good luck with that. He does know he doesn't win the title if he doesn't make weight, doesn't he?

As for Rumble, its good to know your limits, reminds me a little of how Nate Quarry was so hyped and then ran into Rich.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:10 PM
ufcfan2

I'm not totally sold on AJ yet,but I will admit he's got tons of potential. I think he will be a beast to deal with at 170 with his height/reach and his potential.
Thiago is right most fighters are getting bigger stronger,and taking better care of themselves. Guys like Hughes/Serra will be hard pressed to be competitive with guys like these.
If Hughes/Serra continue on I agree maybe a drop to 155 would be best for long term..Heck Hughes drops down beats a few guys beats BJ, Hughes would of held two titles in 2 different divisions. Sadly though,Im sure hes gonna retire though he did say Karo owes him a fight...
Old 02-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Right
And he's going to somehow manage to cut to 170 without diaretics this time? Good luck with that. He does know he doesn't win the title if he doesn't make weight, doesn't he?

As for Rumble, its good to know your limits, reminds me a little of how Nate Quarry was so hyped and then ran into Rich.
You mean like this...

Anthony shouldn't be trying to make his bones on others at this point. H e knows he is not in their GSP/HUGHES class.. it's just a ploy to get people talking about him.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:

I'm calling it right now Thiago won't make 170 for this fight.
Right behind you..

and if he doesn't.. GSP should walk.. or at the very least have an "instant rematch" clause..

I love our guy Matt, but I think that he should have walked form the Thaigo fight. Granted I don't know the "behind the scenes" stuff.. and Matt is a warrior born.. He don't walk.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
You mean like this...

Anthony shouldn't be trying to make his bones on others at this point. H e knows he is not in their GSP/HUGHES class.. it's just a ploy to get people talking about him.
stylistically He would give both guys a run for their money. He is no joke. But I pick Matt by decision.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Champ2be

If Alves doesnt make weight and GSP does walk, the everyone would say that he's scared, but if he fights then everyone will say that he should have walked. It's a lose lose situation for GSP with people on this site.