Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 12-08-2009, 04:03 PM
infantry all the way

Default ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
In my professional opinion, I believe you'll turn into Roy Nelson.
that was a low blow.

i think i would have to go to everyone on this forums christmas dinner to achieve that circumfrence
Old 12-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Shane Lee 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantry all the way View Post
well ill only be "home" 15 days so i promise not to make any habits
on an off subject... i just did 4 chest workouts 4 sets each 10,10,6,12 reps each.. and then jump rope 70 jumps 30 sec-1min break then 140 jumps x4 and ended it with 170 jumps. I take NO xplode and NITRIX but im not feeling anything today.. should i hit chest again and do more jump rope after work today? or just next time do more.. mind u after 1000 jump ropes and 4 chest workouts i was burnt out,.. but right now i feel like i didnt even work out 22 hours ago

any advice?
Tell me more about your chest workout.... Was it flat bench? And do yo have additional options for workouts ?

And it depends what you wanna train for... You wanna be a fighter so you are on the right track with the cardio and for strength you wanna work on functional strength. Powercleans, deadlfts, ect. And still hit bench. You ussually should wiat 48 hours before hitting chest again just a rule of thumb.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:07 PM
infantry all the way

Default sneaky sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Are you going to stop by the gym on leave then? I say you should make that your Christmas present to yourself. If you were going to be at Ft Bragg I was going to make you sneak me onto base and let me buy stuff in their stores.

Enjoy the break, dude. You've earned it.

~Amy
ill be home "bragg" next juneish hit me up then lol.

and i will enjoy it greatly i believe
I would love to go visit my future home on leave, but it would just be a tease i think since i wont be able to go till 2010 late or early 2011 >< gotta love deployments.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:12 PM
infantry all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Lee 2 View Post
Tell me more about your chest workout.... Was it flat bench? And do yo have additional options for workouts ?

And it depends what you wanna train for... You wanna be a fighter so you are on the right track with the cardio and for strength you wanna work on functional strength. Powercleans, deadlfts, ect. And still hit bench. You ussually should wiat 48 hours before hitting chest again just a rule of thumb.
for chest i did flat, incline, decline, butterfly machine i think it was called

as for the gym we have here u name the workout they prolly have the stuff to do it there they have tredmil, elipticle, stair climbers, bikes, and like 50 other machines for back chest legs...so on and so on. as for
"for strength you wanna work on functional strength. Powercleans, deadlfts, ect. And still hit bench" you lost me at strength

ive stayed in shape my 5 years in the army but 5 hour patrols with 100lbs of gear pushups and other "corrective training workouts" so i am not too familiar with different workouts.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Shane Lee 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantry all the way View Post
for chest i did flat, incline, decline, butterfly machine i think it was called

as for the gym we have here u name the workout they prolly have the stuff to do it there they have tredmil, elipticle, stair climbers, bikes, and like 50 other machines for back chest legs...so on and so on. as for
"for strength you wanna work on functional strength. Powercleans, deadlfts, ect. And still hit bench" you lost me at strength

ive stayed in shape my 5 years in the army but 5 hour patrols with 100lbs of gear pushups and other "corrective training workouts" so i am not too familiar with different workouts.
Those 100lb gear push-ups ad corrective training woud fit good in MMA. For MMA you want t build real strength or functional and you also want your muscles to be able to reproduce that strength over and over again.

Power cleans -you take a 45lb bar put weights on it and put it on the floor. You sqaut, feet shoulder width apart, put you hands on the bar. You pull the bar up to your waist then flip it up to your chest. You can add pressing it over your head for an advanced move. This takes functional strength and is basically a whole body exercise. I will write you more in a bit. Gotta go for now
Old 12-10-2009, 10:38 AM
infantry all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Lee 2 View Post
Those 100lb gear push-ups ad corrective training woud fit good in MMA. For MMA you want t build real strength or functional and you also want your muscles to be able to reproduce that strength over and over again.

Power cleans -you take a 45lb bar put weights on it and put it on the floor. You sqaut, feet shoulder width apart, put you hands on the bar. You pull the bar up to your waist then flip it up to your chest. You can add pressing it over your head for an advanced move. This takes functional strength and is basically a whole body exercise. I will write you more in a bit. Gotta go for now
im gonna watch some videos on that when i get back to make sure i do it right but thanks still cuz i will use that one. and what exactly does jump roping do for cardio, my feet and calfs burn from jumpinand then after about 1000 jumps i get a side cramp for a little while then it goes away after more jumps. should i do more to get more cardio in?