Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 12-08-2009, 04:39 PM
infantry all the way

Smile R&R and holiday season

Well as some of you know in the few days ive been here that im in afghanistan and i will be getting R&R around the 14th so i will be home for christmas (finally). Iam trying to get in the best shape i can by working out daily or every other day (mission dependent) and running/ jump roping for cardio. ill be in transit and on leave for a total of like 21 days. While here i stick to eating grilled chicken, baked chicken, veggies, pasta and baked potatoes the only "flavor" i add is shredded cheese. if i cant get those i try to just get some sliced turkey lettuce and tomato.

For the 20ish days im back home and flying if i pig out on christmas and new years and dont work out how much damage will that do to all the work ive been putting into getting into shape?

im kinda confusing sometimes sry ><
Old 12-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

Where is "home" for you? Ft Bragg? I'm just being nosey. It has nothing to do with nutrition or training.

~Amy
Old 12-08-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantry all the way View Post
Well as some of you know in the few days ive been here that im in afghanistan and i will be getting R&R around the 14th so i will be home for christmas (finally). Iam trying to get in the best shape i can by working out daily or every other day (mission dependent) and running/ jump roping for cardio. ill be in transit and on leave for a total of like 21 days. While here i stick to eating grilled chicken, baked chicken, veggies, pasta and baked potatoes the only "flavor" i add is shredded cheese. if i cant get those i try to just get some sliced turkey lettuce and tomato.

For the 20ish days im back home and flying if i pig out on christmas and new years and dont work out how much damage will that do to all the work ive been putting into getting into shape?

enjoy the down time brother, you've earned it! I don't think you'll undo that much in 21 days.

[
Old 12-08-2009, 04:50 PM
infantry all the way

Cool home is where your.......is where.... idk but its home

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Where is "home" for you? Ft Bragg? I'm just being nosey. It has nothing to do with nutrition or training.

~Amy
My home base yes :P but my home is Chapaign/urbana, IL close to the H.I.T. Squad gym i cant wait to go there..

thats where all my family is.... not to mention FAR away from the military.. man do i need a break from it lol.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Shane Lee 2

Quote:

Sometimes your body gets stronger after a short break. I would say just do some pushups and situps when you can to maintain. Pigging out Christmas and New Years won't hurt unless you pig out for the whole 21 days. Now you could put on a few pounds doing that and your body will have fits when you change your diet back.
You deserve to pig out a few days though.

Remember psychologists say anything you do for 21 days straight becomes a habit so break it up a bit.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:56 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:

In my professional opinion, I believe you'll turn into Roy Nelson.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Shane Lee 2

oh and more importantly just enjoy your time home.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
My home base yes :P but my home is Chapaign/urbana, IL close to the H.I.T. Squad gym i cant wait to go there..

thats where all my family is.... not to mention FAR away from the military.. man do i need a break from it lol.
Are you going to stop by the gym on leave then? I say you should make that your Christmas present to yourself. If you were going to be at Ft Bragg I was going to make you sneak me onto base and let me buy stuff in their stores.

Enjoy the break, dude. You've earned it.

~Amy
Old 12-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
In my professional opinion, I believe you'll turn into Roy Nelson.

Oh no.

~Amy
Old 12-08-2009, 04:58 PM
infantry all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Lee 2 View Post
Sometimes your body gets stronger after a short break. I would say just do some pushups and situps when you can to maintain. Pigging out Christmas and New Years won't hurt unless you pig out for the whole 21 days. Now you could put on a few pounds doing that and your body will have fits when you change your diet back.
You deserve to pig out a few days though.

Remember psychologists say anything you do for 21 days straight becomes a habit so break it up a bit.
well ill only be "home" 15 days so i promise not to make any habits
on an off subject... i just did 4 chest workouts 4 sets each 10,10,6,12 reps each.. and then jump rope 70 jumps 30 sec-1min break then 140 jumps x4 and ended it with 170 jumps. I take NO xplode and NITRIX but im not feeling anything today.. should i hit chest again and do more jump rope after work today? or just next time do more.. mind u after 1000 jump ropes and 4 chest workouts i was burnt out,.. but right now i feel like i didnt even work out 22 hours ago

any advice?