Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-08-2009, 01:34 AM
Liddellfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
people are slowly starting to realize that tito sucks now. even the mainstream peeps.

someone correct me if i'm wrong but his last event didn't blow any minds in terms of PPV buys like they use to

i bet his next one won't either.

The next one really can't be counted at a "Tito" pay per view because he will be fighting Chuck for his first fight back after they are finished coaching TUF. Not saying they will be the main event but it will probably be a bigger draw thant Tito/Griffin 2.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
I love how classless the President of a company looks,
and the cagefighter(Hendo) has a statement like this.

"I'm very happy to be a part of Strikeforce and their partnership with CBS and Showtime. Strikeforce and its growing roster of world class talent will offer me many exciting fights and has the ability to bring many new fans from all around the world to mixed martial arts. I am grateful to Scott Coker for the opportunity to help make this happen and for treating me with the utmost respect throughout our negotiations. I’d also like to thank Dana (White) and the UFC for the opportunities they provided me and I wish them ongoing success. I’ll continue to watch their events and I hope they’ll tune in to my fights in Strikeforce. After all, I’m a true fan of our fantastic sport and would love only to see MMA continue to grow."
That's what struck me too, a difference of night and day. Dan is a class act.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:56 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
people are slowly starting to realize that tito sucks now. even the mainstream peeps.

someone correct me if i'm wrong but his last event didn't blow any minds in terms of PPV buys like they use to

Yeah, I know, just pointing out that Tito historically has significantly higher star power than Hendo as evidenced by past PPV buys.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:31 AM
logrus

Quote:

I don't think Tito has been a huge draw for the UFC in a very long time. I am willing to bet the last time was Chuck vs Tito and Chuck was the main reason for the huge draw. If you look at the other fight cards hes been on there were some damn good fighters and match ups.

Just look at UFC 84, who did you want to see Tito or Machida, Tito or Wande, Tito or Penn?
Old 12-08-2009, 02:54 AM
Shane Lee 2

Dana thinks that you canít be a fighter unless you are in the UFC and he owns your name, decides your future, and you only do what the UFC wants and says. (I am glad some fighters like Matt havnt let that happen) If a fighter decides they donít like that plan he comes out and says they only left cause he didnít want them, theyíre not good enough anymore , or something to the fact that he was in control of it the whole time. Now granted the UFC is the pinnacle of the sport at this point and Dana is a smart business man but come on every business has competition and it is possible that one day an organization will rival the UFC. When that happens I bet Dana sayís, ďI wanted the competition to keep my edge so I let those @$$holes catch up so I could have competition. If I didnít want them where they are at they wouldnít be. They are nothing but a bunch of @*&^, @%^Q*, (*&%^, dummies.Ē

I personally like what Dana has done for the sport and with the UFC but geez you canít say you decide the fate of the entire MMA world. Pride can be a dangerous thing.

He says allot of stuff just for media attention too Iím sure. He is a smart guy and right now the God father of MMA but not God so he canít control everything.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:54 AM
TonyCap

Yeah Dana has done a lot, you gotta give him credit, but his head is getting too big. Eventually, someone will knock him down... everyone eventually loses and gets humbled.