Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-08-2009, 10:18 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Great article, snakerattle79. Thanks for the post.

That's how I felt too. Dana totally dissed Roy the whole time. Roy never quit or sat out or whined, etc... He came, trained and fought and won the whole shebang.

I know we discussed the whole Dana/Kimbo love fest before, but it still boggles my mind the deference Dana showed Kimbo throughout this whole thing. When Rashad called Dana to tell him about Mitrione, Dana gathers everyone and gives them the "You're here to f***ing fight" speech and then turns to Mitrione and tells him, "Don't think I'm singling you out...". Of course, he was singling him out. He didn't take Mitrione and talk privately to him like he did Kimbo. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Mitrione and I hate when guys get on the show and act like that. I do agree with Dana, you're there to fight, to win the contract. But did he have to be so blatant about who his favorite was and how much he disliked Roy.

I think Roy acted the way he did because Dana made it so obvious to him what he thought of him. Like the author of the article said, if Roy had been some tight, toned young stud with abs of steel and showed that kind of confidence in himself, everybody would have given him a nod. In fact, Amy and RockD were just talking about how people look more favorably on those who know who they are and where they're going. But, I guess for a lot of people, they only get so far as Roy's belly and stop looking. He can train just as hard as all those tatooed-hardbodies in the UFC and knock out his opponents left and right, but he still won't get the respect he deserves.
Great points you made!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:28 AM

You know what I loved about Roy and Brendan's fight. Both of them were constantly coming forward towards each other ready to give it to one another. I noticed that about Roy when he fought on TUF. He also takes a hit good and keeps going.

The difference between their fight and the Houston/Kimbo fight was like night and day. (Houston should have won that fight, but he played ring-around-the-rosie too long. )

Last edited by Bonnie; 12-09-2009 at 03:26 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:11 AM
Via Con Dios

ROY NELSON IS A DISGUSTING FATBODY!!!

(wheres Sergeant Hartman when you need him?)
Old 12-09-2009, 05:33 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I didn't see him tire out on the show. Surely they would have pounced on that and we would have seen it....over and over and over. lol
Why would they have shown it?
They knew he was in the finale.

It would make no sense.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
You know what I loved about Roy and Brendan's fight. Both of them were constantly coming forward towards each other ready to give it to one another. I noticed that about Roy when he fought on TUF. He also takes a hit good and keeps going.
...and he can take a shot and keep going...must be all that whale blubber encasing him

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 12-09-2009, 05:24 PM

Dana's problem with Roy is that he probably never watched him fight in the IFL or Strikeforce, so didn't know that the guy can put on exciting fights.

[
Old 12-09-2009, 06:19 PM
eric84

While I don't agree with all that Dana said, some of it completely makes sense. Seeing Roy fight Kimbo I was not impressed with him at all, for someone who was the IFL champion I expected a lot more out of him than the "force the ref to stop it" tactic, when he wasn't doing much damage. The next fight of his I wasn't impressed either, and I wasn't caring for his attitude until I saw his last 2 fights. He can surely take a hit, and seems to be pretty well rounded, but can you honestly say there isn't a good chance he would be alot better if he was in better shape? Take that extra weight and turn it into muscle, or slim down a bit, he would have even more going for him. While he is good enough to be in the ufc with a huge gut, he isn't the champ, so if he wants to go for the belt he should get rid of the belly.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:58 PM
CAVEMAN

Before the season began, I told my wife that Roy would win the entire thing. He is well rounded and yes he does have quite a gut, but still that does not change the fact that the guy can fight.

Look at Fedor. As I would not call him fat(especially to his faceLOL), he has love handles! But that man will wipe the floor with your arse! And he is very quick and agile for a HW!
Old 12-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Just wait for the day he stops training.

~Amy
Old 12-12-2009, 01:14 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN View Post
Before the season began, I told my wife that Roy would win the entire thing. He is well rounded and yes he does have quite a gut, but still that does not change the fact that the guy can fight.

Look at Fedor. As I would not call him fat(especially to his faceLOL), he has love handles! But that man will wipe the floor with your arse! And he is very quick and agile for a HW!