Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-06-2009, 03:56 AM
Jeval

Default Kimbo vs Alexander

As I watched the fight a thought poped in my little head. Was Huston payed to loose. I mean come on. What king of strategy is it to circle to your right around the ring. The guy usually comes in throwing bombs. Sometimes it works, sometimes it dosen't but thats what he does. That fight was pathetic. I think it is a mistake to have Kimbo in the UFC. Nice cardio by the way.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:14 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeval View Post
As I watched the fight a thought poped in my little head. Was Huston payed to loose. I mean come on. What king of strategy is it to circle to your right around the ring. The guy usually comes in throwing bombs. Sometimes it works, sometimes it dosen't but thats what he does. That fight was pathetic. I think it is a mistake to have Kimbo in the UFC. Nice cardio by the way.
Ohhh gosh and now it starts.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:18 AM
Max

Quote:
You need to just quit life.

Alexander's strategy was a good one. He knew Kimbo's knee was a weak point so he attacked it. I dont really have a problem with his strategy considering he finished has finished a fight with leg kicks before.

On another note, Kimbo looked good. He has improved as an MMA fighter and I look forward to seeing him fight again.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:20 AM
rearnakedchoke

i doubt he was paid to lose .. he knew that he could get ko'd like against irvin if he just ran in there .... kimbo was surprising and he also knew he could get ko'd like he did against seth so he was tentative ...

LOL at quitting life though ..... haha
Old 12-06-2009, 04:24 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

That was one of the most hilarious fights ever...when it ended and both guys just slouched over from exhaustion, almost like on cue in a video game, classic.

Kimbo did manage to show some good things at times though. That slam was pretty awesome, I thought he was gonna finish him after that.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:33 AM
Chuck

Kimbo looked improved and the slam was awesome!! One of the best I've ever seen in MMA...

That being said... his career will be over soon if he can't learn to check a kick...
Old 12-06-2009, 04:37 AM
logrus

Kimbo looked a lot better on the ground and he was patient on his feet letting the fight unfold instead of going all Street Fighterish. Big signs of improvement in my book.

Houst had a good strat to work the leg. It would have taken away Kimbos movement and power which I think Houst planned to go in for the kill. The only problem is Kimbo owned him in round 2. All that work to stay out of the lights wore him out.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:38 AM
Jeval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
You need to just quit life.

Alexander's strategy was a good one. He knew Kimbo's knee was a weak point so he attacked it. I dont really have a problem with his strategy considering he finished has finished a fight with leg kicks before.

On another note, Kimbo looked good. He has improved as an MMA fighter and I look forward to seeing him fight again.
Wow. I need to quit life. Maybe you need to get one.

We must have watched a different fight if you guys call his half a dozen kicks to kimbo's legs "attacking". (I'm not saying a fight can't be won by leg kicks)The one kick he did connect with he didn't go in to attack.

Also all I'm saying is that the thought poped into my head because I was so shocked that Huston decided not to take it to Kimbo like he usually does. Keith Jardin has knock out power and he went after him like a mad man.

Final note....sorry to hurt the feelings of all the Kimbo nut huggers. Especially you Max.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:46 AM
Max

Quote:
Wow. I need to quit life. Maybe you need to get one.

Final note....sorry to hurt the feelings of all the Kimbo nut huggers. Especially you Max.
Um I have a life

Im also not a Kimbo nut hugger, Im a BJ Penn nut hugger, I am just willing to give him credit. He is 100 times better than he was when I first saw him in EXC.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:50 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post

Im also not a Kimbo nut hugger,
I'll vouch for that