Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-04-2009, 02:51 PM

Default XEROX HELPING OUR TROOPS

Quote:
XEROX IS DOING SOMETHING COOL

If you go to this web site, http://www.LetsSayThanks.com you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq . You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to a member of the armed services.

How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!! It is FREE and it only takes a second.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these? Whether you are for or against the war, our soldiers over there need to know we are behind them.

This takes just 10 seconds and it's a wonderful way to say thank you. Please take the time and please take the time to pass it on for others to do.. We can never say enough thank you's.

Thanks for taking to time to support our military!
takes about 30 seconds to fill out. seems legit.

[
Old 12-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Done. And I had to quit reading the replies from the troops so I didn't start crying at work.

Here are a few I just copied and pasted for ya'll:
"Let's Say Thanks,

I wanted to contact you to say thanks for this outstanding effort to make our Military personnel feel a touch of home wherever they are. I have been deployed several times to various parts of the world. No matter what is going on around us, when we get encouraging words from home it seems to make a difference that is beyond description. Something as simple as words. Something as common as a crayon drawing. Something as appreciative as Let's Say Thanks. These things can mean the world when you are a world away.

- A Soldier

Thank you for sending the postcards to our unit! While soldiers routinely grab all the snacks, toiletries, magazines and books out of care packages, it is the letters, cards and postcards with heartfelt messages that mean the most and truly remind us that the folks back home care and appreciate what we do.

Thank you for showing that support. Have a great week and keep up the good work.

- A member of the Military Police

To all who have supported us,

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you from myself and my fellow Marines. Your packages and well wishes have lifted our spirits at a time when we are so far away from our friends and family. I wish you could have seen the bright eyed looks and utter excitement from the Marines when opening the boxes. It was a true blessing that you made happen. It makes us proud to know that our fellow Americans care as much as we do. It makes the sacrifices we and our families make worth every minute we spend here. We Americans can stand shoulder to shoulder in unison on one thing - we're all proud of our country and we're all proud of each other. The effort you make on behalf of the troops is just as important as the work we are doing here and around the world.

- A Gunnery Sergeant"

~Amy
Old 12-04-2009, 07:19 PM

Thank you for posting that, Mark.

I sent a card.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:32 PM
lyndsey823

I've done this the last couple of years during Christmas. It's really easy and I love the idea. I love all the cards the kids did. Seriously, 98% of those kids did better than I would have. I can't draw to save my life, not an artistic bone in my body.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:41 PM
infantry all the way

Default :ninja:

Well I am on my third deployment and this will be the first time I get to be home for christmas on R&R leaving in 7 days. But the cards and the letters are already trickling in . Nothing gets me through the day more then getting a letter or card that someone or some group took time out of thier lives back on the homefront to tell us they are thinking of us. It kinda makes you forget that your stuck in a war zone for a few minutes and helps you look forward to returning home to all your friends and family

lucky me i have a family right here too which helps keep my mind off everything around me

~Eli~
Old 12-07-2009, 02:03 PM
County Mike

Done.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Snopes indicates it's real:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/milit...ssaythanks.asp
Old 12-07-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
yeah I always check there too thanks for posting!

[