Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-04-2009, 08:00 AM
snakerattle79

Default Rampage: "I'm Coming Back For My Fans To Shut Dana's Mouth"

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-2...ing-to-the-UFC

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has announced via his website that he is coming back to the UFC to finish out his contract. Below is what he said on his blog earlier tonight.

"I've noticed that the UFC & TUF have some fans brainwashed or something. They still haven't realized yet that the TV show is just a TV show. I did my job by entertaining people and if you ever paid any attention to me, that's what I'm known for doing.

Now, I wanted to let my fans know that I'm going to come back to the UFC & finish my contract. Not because the haters are talking (expletive) about me being scared of Rashad. I'm coming back for my fans & to shut Rashad's mouth up & shut Dana's mouth up. Then after that I'm going back to doing movies & I might do a boxing match once a year just to stay in shape. Hate on dis!"
Old 12-04-2009, 08:44 AM
GnP

Love or hate him, the man can fight. I love watching him fight and whilst Rashad has gained my respect during TUF I think Rampage mauls him. I still rate him as one of the top 3 205ers in the world
Old 12-04-2009, 08:49 AM
atomdanger

A tv show might be a tv show,
but you're still a crap coach, and you still walked out on your contract and refused to fight Rashad.

This is twice in a short period of time he has refused to fight somebody,
he refused to fight Machida, and now Rashad.
It seems to me like Rampage is a baby, and if he doesn't get his way, he whines.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Never been the biggest fan of Jackson's... And then the junk with the truck.. and the double talk surrounding his loss to Forrest.. (though some of that wasn't him)...And then walking out on the "coachs' fight".. I am not caring too much...

I don't ever recall him refusing to fight Lyoto.. but maybe I missed that.

But I would LOVE to see Jackson get Rashad on the bicycle backwards with a 1/2 to the head.. shoot in and slam the split out of Rashad's mouth....
Old 12-04-2009, 11:11 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Rampage has acted like a diva for quite a while. I'll admit, the guy certainly has a charm about him that can't help but make you giggle, but this nonsense has gone on long enough. Let's see the fight with him and Evans so we can close that book and move on to the next chapter in MMA history WITHOUT Quinton Jackson. Personally, I hope Rashad beats him badly.

As for Rampage Boxing once a year...lol, okay Rampage...
Old 12-04-2009, 11:15 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Rampage is definitely one that I have mixed emotions about now. Not sure whether I like him or not. BUT I do want him back in the cage.

Can't wait to see him and Rashad throw down.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

He still has fans?
Old 12-04-2009, 11:19 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
He still has fans?
Depends on your definition of "fans". If you mean fan as a person who would pay to watch him fight then I guess I am a fan of Rampage.

Go easy on me, don't be too mean.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Rampage has acted like a diva for quite a while. I'll admit, the guy certainly has a charm about him that can't help but make you giggle, but this nonsense has gone on long enough. Let's see the fight with him and Evans so we can close that book and move on to the next chapter in MMA history WITHOUT Quinton Jackson. Personally, I hope Rashad beats him badly.

As for Rampage Boxing once a year...lol, okay Rampage...
He does have a charm about him. I really liked him when he and Forrest coached TUF, however, this time around, a little of that "nonsense" went a lonnnnngggggggg way and quickly began to get on my nerves. I just got the feeling that he was really just filling time to get through the show. He gave more energy to what prank they could pull on Rashad and his team and going back and forth with Rashad than he did any coaching or support for his team. Talk about "shut-up"; either put-up or shut-up. I notice he didn't mind taking Dana's help during that "crazy" incident. I guess he's got a "memory" problem too.

I'm rooting for Rashad on this one.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Hughes fanboy

Is there any word on when the coaches will clash? I heard Rashad was fighting Thiago Silva?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/