Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-05-2009, 12:16 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Why should they get a pass because people don't want to be "offensive" because they are muslim when if you or I did something like that our butt would be in jail for jeopardizing the safety of the plane and everyone on board. Forget for one moment that they were muslim. They were people acting suspicious and being deliberately disruptive to the flight of that plane and possibly a danger to everyone else on board. If I were on that plane acting like that they wouldn't know whether I was muslim, catholic, atheist or just plain nuts, but they would want me contained and removed and I wouldn't in all probability be allowed to get back on the plane. So why the "special" treatment for these men who apparently were muslim?! Oh, wait, it was because they were muslim!

I know, why don't we ALL dress muslim and act any damn way we please that way we can get away with this shyte too.

I wonder what these *******s are plotting next!

Old 12-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Why should they get a pass because people don't want to be "offensive" because they are muslim when if you or I did something like that our butt would be in jail for jeopardizing the safety of the plane and everyone on board. Forget for one moment that they were muslim. They were people acting suspicious and being deliberately disruptive to the flight of that plane and possibly a danger to everyone else on board. If I were on that plane acting like that they wouldn't know whether I was muslim, catholic, atheist or just plain nuts, but they would want me contained and removed and I wouldn't in all probability be allowed to get back on the plane. So why the "special" treatment for these men who apparently were muslim?! Oh, wait, it was because they were muslim!

I know, why don't we ALL dress muslim and act any damn way we please that way we can get away with this shyte too.

I wonder what these *******s are plotting next!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Bonnie's all fired up. Love it!!! I agree, girl. I've seen on the news where people were kicked off flights for not making their kids behave or for wearing slutty clothes so why are we allowing adults to act like possible terrorists and not doing anything about it?

~Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
It's so cute when you girls all get together and fly your little Playtex rally flag!!

Bonnie your point would be completely valid IF these guys were any sort of a real threat. But they weren't. Actual facts on this are sketchy at best but the story at Snopes casts a slightly different light on this issue then what's reported here. At best it was a prank/hoax at worst it was some people being rude. Have any of you ladies actually flown in an airplane before????

Nobody received a "pass" and if you or I did the same thing I doubt we would be treated differently. I don't think I've ever been on a flight without some arrogant jerk on his cellphone talking loudly or ignoring the FA. 9/11 makes people nervous around Arab's and that's understandable but let's use some common sense here.. I highly doubt a large group of Muslims dressed in traditional Muslim attire and speaking loudly in Arabic are ever going to hijack a plane again. Little obvious don't you think??? And let's not forget this plane was STILL ON THE GROUND. What's the threat??
Old 12-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
It's so cute when you girls all get together and fly your little Playtex rally flag!!

Bonnie your point would be completely valid IF these guys were any sort of a real threat. But they weren't. Actual facts on this are sketchy at best but the story at Snopes casts a slightly different light on this issue then what's reported here. At best it was a prank/hoax at worst it was some people being rude. Have any of you ladies actually flown in an airplane before????

Nobody received a "pass" and if you or I did the same thing I doubt we would be treated differently. I don't think I've ever been on a flight without some arrogant jerk on his cellphone talking loudly or ignoring the FA. 9/11 makes people nervous around Arab's and that's understandable but let's use some common sense here.. I highly doubt a large group of Muslims dressed in traditional Muslim attire and speaking loudly in Arabic are ever going to hijack a plane again. Little obvious don't you think??? And let's not forget this plane was STILL ON THE GROUND. What's the threat??
I fly all the time and I don't see bad behavior. I see people being very aware of the heightened security status and acting accordingly. I see people being very patient with delays at security checkpoints. Maybe you are just ok with accepting idiocy but I'm not.

Just days after 9/11 I stood in line for 6 hours to give blood. Yeah, no big deal. But behind me was a woman in traditional muslim garb and people were ugly to her. She still stood there. She waited the full 6 hours just like I did to give her blood for those who might need it. We were in PA, just on the NJ border. Maybe an hour and a half away from NYC. We lost townfolks in the towers. We had a large amt of commuters so emotions were running pretty high. When we finally got up to be triaged prior to being stuck, one of the workers noticed the muslim lady. She asked me, "Should I be scared?" I told her no. That lady was American and had stood in line the same amt of time I had to donate something she was not required to give even though many people had been ugly to her. True story. So it isn't that these guys were muslims. It was the behavior. I truly don't give a rat's butt what people look like in situations like the one mentioned in the first post. I think now the terrorists would wear regular clothing so they wouldn't stand out in order to get through security anyway.

I'll stop my rant now. Judge me all you want for saying we shouldn't tolerate bad behavior in airports or on airplanes. I don't give a rat's butt. I'll continue to judge the behavior of those I am forced to be around and if I feel there is a security risk, you bet your bottom dollar I will speak up or get off the plane.

~Amy
Old 12-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Black Mamba

Great points Amy, and along with Bonnie, exactly my thoughts. And I'd also like to add on that it's not just muslims we should be looking for, but homegrown terrorists too. They are crazies from other religions who will do similar things too. Look at the OK city bomber.

Oh and Chuck, dearest Chuck. You know what I think is cute, when you all of a sudden act like a dick. And I firmly believe, when you're going to act like one, you might as well dress like one:

How's that for rallying behind the Playtex flag? And actually, Playtex makes us women on here sound old, I think the Amazonian Flag sounds cooler.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
Great points Amy, and along with Bonnie, exactly my thoughts. And I'd also like to add on that it's not just muslims we should be looking for, but homegrown terrorists too. They are crazies from other religions who will do similar things too. Look at the OK city bomber.

Oh and Chuck, dearest Chuck. You know what I think is cute, when you all of a sudden act like a dick. And I firmly believe, when you're going to act like one, you might as well dress like one:

How's that for rallying behind the Playtex flag? And actually, Playtex makes us women on here sound old, I think the Amazonian Flag sounds cooler.

Yeah, I could have done without the condescending tone of his post. I'm not going to side with Bonnie or Denise based on their genitalia. I agreed with what they had to say. Imagine that...women with brains.

~Amy
Old 12-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Black Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Yeah, I could have done without the condescending tone of his post. I'm not going to side with Bonnie or Denise based on their genitalia. I agreed with what they had to say. Imagine that...women with brains.

~Amy
News flash:

This just in, women actually have brains. From fellow poster, super mod, and registered nurse, Amy, has proven that yes, us women have brains. And not only that, they can think for themselves too. Oh snaps.

Hey, I'm going to take a leaf out of the late Farrah Fawcet's book. “God made man stronger but not necessarily more intelligent. He gave women intuition and femininity. And, used properly, that combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I've ever met.”

And Chuck, you can bring in on all night. I'm working on an essay about how women's autonomy had to be hard won before creativity could flourish, so I got quotes and what not for days.

Edit: Don't mean to derail the thread either. But when I was reading this, I couldn't pass up the whole Playtex flag thing.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:39 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

I find it ironic that the women who all think for themselves are agreeing with each other.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I find it ironic that the women who all think for themselves are agreeing with each other.
Hey, I can't help it that we have some extremely smart chicks on here. Blame Matt for bringing us all to one place for your entertainment.

~Amy
Black Mamba

Well, you know what they say Ben, great minds do think alike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

Yes, let's please start using some common sense! And let's start by stopping with all the "political correctness" crap (Fort Hood!). I can treat you (that's a "general" you, Chuck) with common decency and courtesy whether I believe in your sexual orientation, religious beliefs, etc... or not. If I'm on a plane and a person (or in this case several people) starts doing stuff that is suspicious, you bet I'm going to be alarmed and want that person taken off. You say at best it was a hoax/prank. Is that supposed to make me feel better, reassure me, that some idiots decided to pull a prank on a plane that's fixing to take off. Really, Chuck. We should treat it so lightly after 9/11. And, I'd like to see you pull a stunt like that and see if you're treated with the same kid gloves and put nicely back on the plane. Yeah, right!

Two things: 1) I have flown on a plane quite a few times (btw, that "actually" sounded a mite condescending friend), and 2) it's not our "playtex" whipping in the breeze, it's your jockstrap. We figured we might as well put it to better use.

FYI: I just read Amy and Danelle's posts after I posted mine so I didn't copy the whole "condescending"/playtex thing. Just wanted Chuck and Ben to know that. Ladies, Chuck definitely knows how to bring women together. Thanks, Chuck!

Last edited by Bonnie; 12-05-2009 at 09:28 PM.