Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 12-03-2009, 06:39 AM

Default TUF 10.11 - Dec. 2 - **SPOILERS**

I've missed the last few TUF episodes so I've lost the count; I just went by the last # posted (10.10). Anyone else see it...

**DO NOT READ PAST THIS POINT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!!!!**

Pretty interesting...

Kimbo sure surprised Dana (and me) with his decision.

What do y'all think of the final two?

I enjoyed the fight between Brendan and Marcus. I felt bad for Marcus, but I think Brendan is at a different level as a fighter than Marcus at this point. I think if Marcus sticks with it and learns more/gets more experience....watch out!

I wasn't sure who was going to win between Roy and James, but Roy got him pinned and pounded....gotrdone. He finally "impressed" Dana.

So it's Roy vs. Brendan for the finals.

I think Brendan could take it. But, if Roy gets him on the ground, Roy could pull it off. But, Brendan did get out from big Marcus which was surprising sooooo anything is possible.

What do y'all think? Who are y'all picking to win this thing? I'm leaning towards Brendan.

Last edited by Bonnie; 12-03-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:00 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I think Roy is better on the ground than Marcus so if Roy gets it to the ground look out! As for Marcus with more experience and training he could be a very dangerous fighter! I hope Roy improves his boxing before the final fight though! Not that he's really bad at it but it needs to be better. I also get a kick out of the fact that it kills Dana and the other Bodybuilder lovers that a guy with Roy's physique can actually win fights! Oh on the boxing side Marcus needs alot of work but with his body structure somebody should be able to make a really good striker out of him! I really thought for awhile that he was gonna win and thought he would be the biggest threat to Roy out of the whole group!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
I think Roy is better on the ground than Marcus so if Roy gets it to the ground look out! As for Marcus with more experience and training he could be a very dangerous fighter! I hope Roy improves his boxing before the final fight though! Not that he's really bad at it but it needs to be better. I also get a kick out of the fact that it kills Dana and the other Bodybuilder lovers that a guy with Roy's physique can actually win fights! Oh on the boxing side Marcus needs alot of work but with his body structure somebody should be able to make a really good striker out of him! I really thought for awhile that he was gonna win and thought he would be the biggest threat to Roy out of the whole group!
Do you mean you think Roy is better than Brendan on the ground?

I think you're spot on with your observations and I totally agree. I kind of wanted Roy to win just to stick it to Dana. Roy has been tooting his own horn, but Dana has been putting him down from the get go and I think wanted Roy to lose. People make fun of Roy because of his belly, but he gets them down and in the crucifix and starts pounding away. He's doing that with his hands and legs and strength, not his belly (even though I admit it probably helps in keeping 'em down). I'm glad Dana gave him props tonight.

As for Marcus, I think he is a work in progress and if he sticks with it he will only get better and be a force to be reckoned with definitely.

What did you think of Kimbo's decision. I was kinda shocked at that turn of events.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:07 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I was surprised but think maybe he was smart to make it! If he really was having that much trouble moving why risk it. Go for the bigger payday and hope you can move better then! I also think he would've been abit out of his league against any of the finalist! Roy is smarter than folk's think on the ground! It ain't just his belly as you observed! One of his biggest strengths is patients and positioning. I also felt that Dana was trying to set him up to fail. And this is coming from a guy who usually defends Dana! I worry that if Roy looses Dana will be happy for the excuse to fire Roy while keeping some of the others. Now Marcus I think has a bright future in MMA with more experience and some stand up skill's!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

I already knew about Schaub before he came on the show, and he was honestly my pick (was joking when I voted Kimbo as the winner in that other thread ) to win the show. I was really impressed with his ability to fight from his back in his last 2 fights. Roy is probably the best ground fighter he's ever faced, but I don't think Roy will be able to keep him in that crucifix for the victory. He scrambles just way too much on his back. I think Roy is going to get KOed.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:31 PM
County Mike

I had a feeling Kimbo would turn down the fight if offered. He knew he would lose and hurt his chances at getting PAID to fight in the UFC, at least once. It was probably the smart decision in that aspect but I would have rather seen him get the cortisone shot and fight. Arthritis isn't going to get better. The shot is really his only option.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

OMG!!!! that was SOOOO funny!!!!!!!!! i ALMOST PEED MY SHORTS!!!!!!!!

Tiki may not be the best fighter or coach in the world.. but he is a prank genius!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Kung Fu Panda and bad poetry??? ohhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 12-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Straight Right

Have to say that I was glad to see McSweeny get pounded by Roy. For being a supposedly superior striker, he didn't show much of it, he even tasted Meathead Mitrione's power and didn't want any of it. He was an arrogant prick and a bully, he can go back home to England.

I was a little surprised by Marcus not being able to finish when he had the full mount, but Schaub showed good hips and is a pretty big dude himself. It was true that Marcus was never really hit before that fight, its easier to be dominant when you aren't taking any damage, I was curious about how his chin was. Felt a little bad for him but once again, you need to be well-rounded to get to the top. I'll probably be rooting for Schaub in the finals, but hey Roy is there for a reason, despite his looks he has skills and is effective.

As for Kimbo for all his talk about wanting to get back in there, I was a little surprised he didn't want to step up, but if he knew he wasn't healthy enough to do his best, it probably was a smart move to just wait until Fight Night to showcase his wares. I am kind of anxious to see him bang with Houston, is Kimbo going to cut to 205 or is Houston just not going to cut and go heavyweight?
Old 12-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Hughes fanboy

Marcus truly IS a "Big Baby" - I really dislike how much of a whiner he is. He contradicts himself "This is why I'm here, this is what I am etc." Then loses and cries "This may be my last fight I need to move on to other things". What a sore loser. I hope Meathead knocks him out.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 12-03-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I already knew about Schaub before he came on the show, and he was honestly my pick (was joking when I voted Kimbo as the winner in that other thread ) to win the show. I was really impressed with his ability to fight from his back in his last 2 fights. Roy is probably the best ground fighter he's ever faced, but I don't think Roy will be able to keep him in that crucifix for the victory. He scrambles just way too much on his back. I think Roy is going to get KOed.
I was pretty impressed when Brendan managed to get out from Marcus. I don't know, you could see how strong James was when Roy was trying to get in position for the crucifix and he did get it so I'm not counting him out. I'm giving Brendan an edge in the stand-up, but if Roy does get him on the ground he has a chance.

I hope it's a good fight and both of them bring their best and I'll be happy for whoever wins.