Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-03-2009, 07:07 PM
donaldbreland

I was regarding his last sentence. he stated that he won't fight for something he don't believe in. That may be true about the way our Government works but if we just do not fight then we can't win our Government back. People have this assumption that the Government is bad. That is not true. The people running the Government is bad. We have the voice and we are the only ones who can actually change things by turning out to vote for people you can actually trust. If I took what you were saying wrong Atom then I am very very sorry. I am not the type to give up on what my forefathers died for just because we have some corrupt individuals running our country at this moment.
I love our Military, I love each of you who has fought for or has ever been in the Military. I thank you so much. God bless.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
My Dad, step-Dad, Uncle, and my Grandfather were all ARMY. When I was deciding what do after High School I was considering enlisting, and even talking to a recruiter. However the Summer right after my senior year was when the band I was playing in really started to gain steam and we had a booking agent that had us playing all over the place every weekend, so I eventually decided to stay in the Chicago area and go to college so I could keep playing in my band. I have a lot of respect for all the men and women in all of the branches of our armed services. Without them, I wouldn't live in a country where I could make such a decision.

I got love for all the branches but, if I had to pick one, I would say ARMY.
Word! I am an army brat and hubby's dad was in the army too! Although I love the military, all branches make me so proud, God Bless them!
Old 12-03-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Here you go,Attachment 68
Awesome, I love that!
Old 12-03-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntereo View Post
i was in the navy and am very happy with the choice because of the options available for the enlisted person.

spec ops options - eod, seals and sar
aviation - technician, crewman or support equipment
shipboard - from radio and sonar to deisel and nuclear

misc billets not covered above would be firefighter, law enforcement admin and so on.

i was a sar swimmer assigned to ch-46's and loved every minute of it. at reenlistment time my package was accepted for eod and i was actually temorarily assigned to an eod unit for a while but opted to get out instead.
Cool. I know seals and sar, suntereo, but what is eod?

(It is a running joke in our family the military's love for acronyms)
Old 12-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
but what is eod?
Explosive Ordinance Disposal, basically the military's name for the Bomb Squad.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:15 PM

OK, thanks Nate!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:22 PM
hughesfan4life

i would pick the army. i actually wanted to join the royal military police,didn't quite work out and now i'm a jeweller...lol!.i was in the territorial army though and was based with the royal electrical and mechanical engineers,i thoroughly enjoyed it,mainly forthe friendships made and the whole expierience.unfortunately the unit was cut as part of government cutbacks.i have immense respect for all serving men and women and thank them all for protecting us.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:49 PM
CAMPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Of the Military...would you be in??

They all rock!!! Much respect to any that have served...

With would you like to be if you could???

Me.. I have to go with the Marines... I almost joined the Air Force... but punked out due to the first Iraqi war.. (my recruiting officer told me I wouldn't have to fight..well.. THAT was a lie)

I had 2 great grand fathers, 1 grandfather and 3 uncles serve...

It made them better men.. and the Marines just plain KICK ARSE!!!!
TOUGH question!! Ummm my grandpa was AF, my father in law was Marines, and my bro is Marines, and friends were/are ARMY...I contemplated NAVY for a while years ago after high school...but chickened...and let a boy talk me out of it (retard)....so I think I might go with NAVY or AF!

I wish I had the guts to go now...
*sigh*
Old 12-03-2009, 08:50 PM
CAMPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
I love our Military, I love each of you who has fought for or has ever been in the Military. I thank you so much. God bless.
MEEEEEE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 12-03-2009, 08:53 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
So you don't believe in our Military. You don't believe in our men and women who have lost their lives fighting for our country so cowards like you can have the rights that you do have.
You can talk about me and my posts all day long but I how dare you to come on here and say you don't believe in our Military. You are a sick human being and it's people like you, who believe the way you do, that are trying to make our country weak. But guess what. There's a whole lot more of us who still believe in what this Country was founded for and what this country is all about. I would die for our Country at any second of any day. I would even die for you. You really need to think about what you wrote and re word it. You just offended me and all my family and friends who have served in our Military.
To answer the question. The Marines.
Don't put words in my mouth.
Just because I would choose not to join does not mean I don't "beleive" in our military.

Check your vocabulary,
I know the military exists, it isn't an alien, I don't need to "beleive" in it lol.

Also, you call me a sick human being? You're a moron.