Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-03-2009, 03:29 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default Pick your branch...

Of the Military...would you be in??

They all rock!!! Much respect to any that have served...

With would you like to be if you could???

Me.. I have to go with the Marines... I almost joined the Air Force... but punked out due to the first Iraqi war.. (my recruiting officer told me I wouldn't have to fight..well.. THAT was a lie)

I had 2 great grand fathers, 1 grandfather and 3 uncles serve...

It made them better men.. and the Marines just plain KICK ARSE!!!!
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-03-2009, 03:57 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,787
Default

Whatever uniform I'd look the best in
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-03-2009, 04:08 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

My Dad, step-Dad, Uncle, and my Grandfather were all ARMY. When I was deciding what do after High School I was considering enlisting, and even talking to a recruiter. However the Summer right after my senior year was when the band I was playing in really started to gain steam and we had a booking agent that had us playing all over the place every weekend, so I eventually decided to stay in the Chicago area and go to college so I could keep playing in my band. I have a lot of respect for all the men and women in all of the branches of our armed services. Without them, I wouldn't live in a country where I could make such a decision.

I got love for all the branches but, if I had to pick one, I would say ARMY.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-03-2009, 04:12 AM
Silverback
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Marines, Semper Fi My brother was one, Bad boy's, but they all are.

Last edited by Silverback; 12-03-2009 at 04:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-03-2009, 04:18 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

None, ever.

The government screws over people in the military,
and does not take care of our Vets like they should.
Sad stuff.

Not to mention, although I love the idea of defending the country,
I hate the idea of fighting for something I don't believe in.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-03-2009, 04:42 AM
donaldbreland
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
atomdangerwrote: None, ever.

The government screws over people in the military,
and does not take care of our Vets like they should.
Sad stuff.

Not to mention, although I love the idea of defending the country,
I hate the idea of fighting for something I don't believe in
So you don't believe in our Military. You don't believe in our men and women who have lost their lives fighting for our country so cowards like you can have the rights that you do have.
You can talk about me and my posts all day long but I how dare you to come on here and say you don't believe in our Military. You are a sick human being and it's people like you, who believe the way you do, that are trying to make our country weak. But guess what. There's a whole lot more of us who still believe in what this Country was founded for and what this country is all about. I would die for our Country at any second of any day. I would even die for you. You really need to think about what you wrote and re word it. You just offended me and all my family and friends who have served in our Military.
To answer the question. The Marines.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-03-2009, 05:25 AM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
So you don't believe in our Military. You don't believe in our men and women who have lost their lives fighting for our country so cowards like you can have the rights that you do have.
You can talk about me and my posts all day long but I how dare you to come on here and say you don't believe in our Military. You are a sick human being and it's people like you, who believe the way you do, that are trying to make our country weak. But guess what. There's a whole lot more of us who still believe in what this Country was founded for and what this country is all about. I would die for our Country at any second of any day. I would even die for you. You really need to think about what you wrote and re word it. You just offended me and all my family and friends who have served in our Military.
To answer the question. The Marines.
um, no... you just embarrassed yourself for how much you missed the point of his post..

you don't have to agree with the government's war decisions to believe in our military
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-03-2009, 06:31 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
um, no... you just embarrassed yourself for how much you missed the point of his post..

you don't have to agree with the government's war decisions to believe in our military
Atom's response is inflammatory at best.

The question of the thread was if you could serve in the military, which branch would it be? Not, how do you feel about the way our government treats our Vets and do you or don't you agree with a specific war.

Of course Atom is entitled to feel however he wants about joining the military, but when you look at the nature of the thread, and then his response, it's easy to see why it would offend people.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-03-2009, 11:11 AM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,707
Default

I come from a long line of Army soldiers so I would to go with that. Marines rock as well so they would be a close second.


~Amy
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-03-2009, 11:31 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

As a kid I always wanted to serve in the Marines. At one point, I wanted to be in the Navy. However, I ended up joining the Army right out of high school since they were the only branch at the time who guaranteed that the job I signed up for would be the actual job that I was trained in.

However, knowing what I do about the Armed Forces now, I think I would join the Air Force. I spent years in the Army working on radios built with WW2 technology. The Air Force is more up to date and they tend to treat their people better as well.

Also, I kind of understand atomdanger's point. 8 of my 10 years in the Army/National Guard were served under Bill Clinton, so I know exactly what it feels like to work under a leader who you have absolutely no respect for. I definitely feel for our troops now because of our current Commander in Chief ("Oh, you guys are dying over there? I'm so sorry to hear that, but give me a few more weeks to think it over and I'll decide when/if to help you out then.").
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.