Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 12-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Crisco

Lawler didnt have a chance to let his hands go. He would have murdered Shields if he didn't get caught like that.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:49 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
Lawler didnt have a chance to let his hands go. He would have murdered Shields if he didn't get caught like that.

Right,
and every loss ever in MMA we can say "if"
Old 12-03-2009, 08:51 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
The only noticeable one on that list is Okami. The rest of them are UFC washouts. I'm not disrespecting his skills, just saying if he played it safe against a UFC washout in Miller, he'd have to do the same against the other guys on my list and they are all better than Miller, as they are still in the UFC.

A grappling match is not a MMA match. Ask Demian Maia. No doubt he would beat Marquardt in a grappling match, but he got smoked in a MMA match.
Condit still fights in the UFC lol, not a washout.
Also, Miller isn't really a washout, the UFC should have kept him.
His only UFC fight was a close decision to GSP.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:52 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Shields was saying the same thing about Matt years ago. I would love to see GSP knock him out.
Robbie was well on his way to putting him to sleep when he got a little careless and got caught.
I like Robbie a lot,
but he got subbed in 2 minutes of the first.
He wasn't "well on his way"
Old 12-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Max

I dont really like Shields and I think he would end up getting beat but I think it would be a much closer fight than any of GSP past few fights have been.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:45 PM
que

i think GSP would TKO or KO him and in the first round. i have never been impressed with shields and i find him very boring to be honest. i don't think there are many top UFC WW's that he could beat, if any
Old 12-04-2009, 11:26 PM
wavetar

Kos is a better wrestler, and Penn has better BJJ, and GSP schooled them both. I really don't see Shields beating him. Potentially going the distance like Fitch, and getting beat to bloody hell the whole time is how I see it.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
Kos is a better wrestler, and Penn has better BJJ, and GSP schooled them both. I really don't see Shields beating him. Potentially going the distance like Fitch, and getting beat to bloody hell the whole time is how I see it.
BJ may have better JJ but he is a lot smaller than GSP. GSP has yet to face a great JJ guy who is a natural WW. I think GSP wins but if he makes a mistake I could see shields catching him in something.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
BJ may have better JJ but he is a lot smaller than GSP. GSP has yet to face a great JJ guy who is a natural WW. I think GSP wins but if he makes a mistake I could see shields catching him in something.
Fitch?
Old 12-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Fitch?
Fitch is more of a wrestler than a JJ guy. Not saying he's weak on the subs, but their not his strong suit like they are for Jake.