First Time ive been impressed by anything he's said
Old 11-29-2009, 07:23 PM

I like this man and this message
Old 11-29-2009, 07:33 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
I like this man and this message
I dont mind his wide scope on Christianity.

I hate his brand of Roman Catholicism, and I hate that he lied about the new Apostolic Consitution that he created to try and distroy the Anglican Church...but thats to be expected with his Conservative background...if you could only take the Church out of the Christian in his case...he's be a fine example...some of his declairations are absolutely true and very...protestant almost.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zllZyznS4Xw

You might enjoy this too...I've not seen Benedict so...made up...do you know how heavy what he's wearing is, also, I think the Vatican should have given him a better cope. Advent is supposed to be Blue/Purple...and his Purple looks WAY to red.

His speach on the basic emptiness of a hope only filled by Material Wealth is exactly the sort of protestantistic preaching that he's into. Its very strange, he swings from conservative Catholicism in his theology, to almost evangelistic protestantism in his preaching.

Also if you look carefully at the 1.51 mark, you can see some person walking along the Triforium of the east end. Your looking on the wall, at the same height as the cross atop of the Baldekino! They have NO RAIL...and I bet that drop is more then 50 feet!

Saint Paul's is a very similar model in design, except slightly smaller (but with bigger doors LOL) Our lowest indoor dome Gallery was at 90 feet...so I'm guessing the Triforium about 50 feet...I dont know the proportions of Saint Peters, but I bet its higher then Saint Paul's...from the photography their Baldekino looks more then twice the size of ours...BUT theres is under the dome in the centre, ours is at the East End...with a higher roof, the canope can be extended upwards, whereas we dont have that luxury. Also its hard to get a view of the Dome Quarter Galleries...I dont know if they are Triforium level, or slightly above....with ours they are slightly above...but we kinda had a lower Triforium (which was on the inside below the main triforium, which was only in the Nave, and the Triforium/Dome Quarter Galleries were slightly higher, and then you had the Nave Outside Roof, the Collande on the outside of the Dome, the Whispering on the inside, the stone on the outside, the ornamental on the inside, the Golden on the outside, and then you had the laten Gallery which was on top of the dome.

I never went on the Lanten because they removed the Ladder, I never went on the Ornamental because I was deemed to heavy...they wouldnt let anyone over 12 stone step on incase they fell through the painting beneith and plummetted to their deaths LOL. You cant go onto the Collande...because its a tiny ledge...but I was there when someone opened the door, and I could look out from that level. I went everywhere else, except inside the clock mechanism of the tower...including the indoor crawl space (but of course it was not a crawl space but a huge sorta chasm, between ceiling of Nave and Roof of Nave...they have little plugs, and you can pull a plug and look down through the indoor ceiling to the floor below...and there are big rises, like semi circular bumps where the mozaics cling to the ceiling, benieth the floor your walking on.

Honnestly, the public only sees one third of the building, I think I covered about two thirds...there are so many passageways and stuff its unbelievable...so many Galleries, and so many stairs, a lot of roof spaces with vantages both upwards and down wards...its increadible

Saint Peters will be the same, except its Crypt is a Grotto...and I dont know much about the Galleries of its Dome

Last edited by Tyburn; 11-30-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:35 PM

Interesting stuff!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
Interesting stuff!
I know. I'm a mine of useless information.

You know I once had to hang six 90 foot banners from the Whispering Gallery all the way down to church floor