Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-11-2009, 04:16 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
So, you're saying there's something wrong with that?

I just don't like the idea of the rights of American landowners being infringed upon by ILLEGAL immigrants.
Not when it's a LARGE group, i.e. The Minutemen.

With more people comes more checks and balances, and more accountability. Just because these people are ILLEGAL does not make them less than human. It's not right to assault them and torment them just because they are trespassing. Also, from a safety standpoint, it's just dumb of the guy to be out there by himself, not to mention he leaves himself open to these kind of accusations with it basically being his word against theirs.

My biggest problem with this guy is all the reports of how long he has been doing this, and how many people have accused him in the past. Also, like I said before, there are a lot of reports that he a raging racist. It's not illegal to be a racist, nor do I even know if it's true that he is, but I think it's a tidbit of info that is worth noting at this point.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:20 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Not when it's a LARGE group, i.e. The Minutemen.

With more people comes more checks and balances, and more accountability. Just because these people are ILLEGAL does not make them less than human. It's not right to assault them and torment them just because they are trespassing. Also, from a safety standpoint, it's just dumb of the guy to be out there by himself, not to mention he leaves himself open to these kind of accusations with it basically being his word against theirs.

My biggest problem with this guy is all the reports of how long he has been doing this, and how many people have accused him in the past. Also, like I said before, there are a lot of reports that he a raging racist. It's not illegal to be a racist, nor do I even know if it's true that he is, but I think it's a tidbit of info that is worth noting at this point.
I agree that being illegal doesn't make them less human, but I do believe that it makes them ineligible for rights as American citizens. If it's a question in the American legal system between a legal citizen & an illegal immigrant, I had hoped the government would lean towards protecting its citizens, not wasting its money on criminals from another country.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:47 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
I agree that being illegal doesn't make them less human, but I do believe that it makes them ineligible for rights as American citizens. If it's a question in the American legal system between a legal citizen & an illegal immigrant, I had hoped the government would lean towards protecting its citizens, not wasting its money on criminals from another country.

I never said that they should get the same rights we do as per the United States Constitution. I just said that he should not be beating and tormenting them. That is bigger than the US Constitution, that is the inherit value of knowing the difference between right and wrong.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:47 PM
County Mike

Tell the illegals that if they want to avoid this in the future, STAY IN MEXICO!
Old 02-11-2009, 05:05 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Is that what happened in this situation?
dunno .. but i did say in my original post that if it can be proven or deemed that he used excessive or unreasonable force on these people, then he should be charged .. i have no problem with him holding them there at gunpoint even if it wasn't on his property .. but if he decided to "teach 'em a lesson" by hurting them, then i have no sympathy for him
Old 02-11-2009, 05:11 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Tell the illegals that if they want to avoid this in the future, STAY IN MEXICO!
That is the problem though .. you have people being offered cash for jobs by American citizens .. more cash they can make in Mexico, so the risk of getting caught is worth the reward .. if America wants to solve the problem, they need to be more strict on the people that are offering the work .
Old 02-11-2009, 05:15 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
That is the problem though .. you have people being offered cash for jobs by American citizens .. more cash they can make in Mexico, so the risk of getting caught is worth the reward .. if America wants to solve the problem, they need to be more strict on the people that are offering the work .
Agreed, although we have been cracking down more on people who hire illegals.

The reason they come here is not just money. It's because Mexico SUCKS. The Mexican government is one of the most corrupt in the world and in general Mexico is just a violent place. Anybody with a brain would rather be here than in Mexico.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Kinda reminds me of the injustice given to the border patrol agents, Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos.

For those who don't know, about the story, Compean was patrolling a section of border with another agent (Ignacio Ramos) when they spotted a man crossing the border. They stopped him in a van containing 743 pounds of marijuana, but he ran. Compean said he thought the suspect had a gun and was going to shoot him so he fired at him first. His shot missed but his partner, hearing gunfire, fired in order to defend Compean and hit the suspect in the buttocks. They lost sight of the man but said they saw him on the Mexican side of the border. They did not believe he had been injured so they did not report the incident.

The two officers were arrested after the drug smuggler, Osvaldo Aldrete Davila, filed a complaint against them. After a two-week jury trial, Compean was found guilty on 11 counts, including discharging a firearm during the commission of a violent crime, which by itself carries a federally mandated 10-year minimum sentence. Without that charge, both agents involved would have received far shorter sentences. Instead, Compean was sentenced to 12 years in prison, and his partner, Ignacio Ramos, was sentenced to 11 years in prison. Aldrete Davila was granted immunity to testify against the two agents and received six border crossing visas to come to the United States and testify (you can be sure he did some drug deals with those Visas).

Anyways, these officers were finally commuted by Bush on January 19, 2009 after serving nearly 4 years in prison for defending our nation's borders from drug smugglers.

F'ing bs, I hope this guy gets his justice from those border jumpers!
That's right, "commuted", so that they will be forever labeled "felons". Makes me sick! They give that SOB a pass to cross back and forth over the border and crucify the two men who were doing their jobs. And from what I heard on the news recently, that piece of **** illegal drug runner was caught again running drugs. Why doesn't our government just stop "pretending" it's doing anything to protect our borders from illegals/criminals. Don't even have any border patrol agents. Who would want to be one anyway after what happened to Compean and Ramos.

That rancher will be lucky if he doesn't end up in jail and his ranch turned over to the illegal bastards suing him.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
She's laying on the floor and he allegedly kicked her. I don't see a woman doing much damage to you while laying on the floor.

If a woman was punching me I would subdue and hold her in place until she settled. I've never met a woman that could seriously hurt me by hitting me and I've met some tough chicks.

Punching or kicking a woman is wrong ESPECIALLY if on the ground. He can do whatever he wants they trespassed on his land and he should be in his rights to do what he wishes. I personally feel kicking a woman while she is down is wrong.

I commend him for his efforts but if I ever met the man and he bragged about kicking a downed woman I'd have to call him out and give him a little justice of my own.
Well, I didn't know anything about him kicking her on the ground. Your point was you should never punch a woman under any circumstances. I just presented you with a circumstance to see what you'd say. I say KO her if she wants to enter a man's world. Of course, I was a wrestler so I'd probably just do the same as you, take her down and subdue her in hopes she would calm down.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:06 PM
County Mike

OK, maybe I can understand them wanting to cross into America.

However, they have no excuse for vandalizing, stealing or killing livestock. The guy even put a spigot on his water tower so they could get water WITHOUT damaging the tank. Sounds to me like this guy has done everything he can and his patience has worn out.

If you don't want the property owner to hold you at gunpoint and give you a kick or three, then cross his land peacefully without damaging/stealing anything. I still say he should go free. If it was my land, I might have eventually become violent against the trespassers as well.