Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
i decide to start laying a beating on them, well i think i can be charged with assault
Is that what happened in this situation?
Old 02-11-2009, 03:40 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Is that what happened in this situation?
according to some
Old 02-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Crisco

Quote:
No, you said "You don't hit women. Period." which is pretty much an absolute according to your words. So I simply came up with a scenario that would force you to rethink your comments.

Either the "You don't hit women. Period." statement is true and you would allow your family to be gunned down while you stuck to your principles. Or the statement is false.

With the way your phrased it, there is no middle ground.
I'll rephrase for you Nate if your in the nitpicking mood lol.

"You don't hit women who are not armed, hopped up on drugs or hurting your family in some way. Period."
Old 02-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Sure, they could be lying, but you don't know that.

I think RNC's point was that IF this guy is assaulting people after he detains them he should be charged. I agree with him.

It seems the popular idea floating around this thread is that the guy has this divine right to just start shooting people because they crossed onto his land. I don't think I need to explain how retarded that is. If he feels threatened, that is completely different, but just because these people are illegal immigrants does not mean they should be used as target practice. They are human beings.

The truth is, this guy should not be out there policing the area by himself to begin with. I know it's his land, but that is just DUMB, he's lucky he ain't dead by now.
Have you ever lived in the desert areas near the Mexican border? Waiting for law enforcement is simply not an option most of the time. Even if the cops or border patrol were to leave instantly after receiving the call and drive 70 MPH to get to your location, many times it would still take them over an hour to arrive. Near the border areas, things are just to spread out and the BP is too severely undermanned; so people are forced to take matters into their own hands.

Now, I will agree, if he is maliciously abusing "prisoners" who are cooperating with him, then that would be assault. However, I wouldn't trust the word of the Mexicans and if he felt that he needed to use force to subdue them, then he's completely within his rights to do so.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I'll rephrase for you Nate if your in the nitpicking mood lol.

"You don't hit women who are not armed, hopped up on drugs or hurting your family in some way. Period."
Thanks.

It's just that whole mentality really irks me. My dad served in Vietnam and he will tell you that a woman (or a child) with a machine gun is just as deadly as any man. Usually a guy who hesitates to gun them down because of some silly "you never hit women" mentality, wouldn't live long enough to regret it. And his hesitation would likely cost several of his fellow soldiers their lives.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Thanks.

It's just that whole mentality really irks me. My dad served in Vietnam and he will tell you that a woman (or a child) with a machine gun is just as deadly as any man. Usually a guy who hesitates to gun them down because of some silly "you never hit women" mentality, wouldn't live long enough to regret it. And his hesitation would likely cost several of his fellow soldiers their lives.
Except for extreme cases though there sohuld really never be any reason to hit a woman...

War and battle and extreme cases of trying to kill you are the exception but simply hitting a woman because she pisses you off is extremely over the line and shameful.

I was brought up that way and so will my kids.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Except for extreme cases though there sohuld really never be any reason to hit a woman...
What if she's just being really mouthy?

JK Actually I would agree with that statement.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:04 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Have you ever lived in the desert areas near the Mexican border? Waiting for law enforcement is simply not an option most of the time. Even if the cops or border patrol were to leave instantly after receiving the call and drive 70 MPH to get to your location, many times it would still take them over an hour to arrive. Near the border areas, things are just to spread out and the BP is too severely undermanned; so people are forced to take matters into their own hands.

Now, I will agree, if he is maliciously abusing "prisoners" who are cooperating with him, then that would be assault. However, I wouldn't trust the word of the Mexicans and if he felt that he needed to use force to subdue them, then he's completely within his rights to do so.
Yes Nate, actually I have. More specifically the Arizona/Mexican border area. So I am not just talking out of my ass.

That don't mean he should be out there BY HIMSELF. Also, YES waiting for law enforcement IS an option. The BP has all sorts of ways of catching these people even if it is not right at very minute you see them on your property and they do it all the time. They know those areas better than anybody and YES, the area is vast and hard to cover, but if they have intel on a group of illegals backpacking through the desert they can actually track them very easily. I just think you are more apt to believe this guy because of the political nature of this story. I am sorry, but with all the reports about how long he has been doing this, I smell vigilante cowboy.

I agree 100% with protecting your home and land, and even using force if need be, BUT in this case we simply do not know all the facts so making a judgment one way or another is just silly. If this guy was assaulting people who cooperated, he should be charged with assault, but these accusations of "civil rights violations" are ridiculous.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I smell vigilante cowboy.
So, you're saying there's something wrong with that?

I just don't like the idea of the rights of American landowners being infringed upon by ILLEGAL immigrants.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:13 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
I just don't like the idea of the rights of American landowners being infringed upon by ILLEGAL immigrants.
Sig worthy.