Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerstabber
County Mike I totally agree! I wonder if he needs any help.
As for kicking the women, more power to him she got outta line kick her, she shouldn't be there in the first place.
Someone should have tried harder with you.

You don't hit women. Period.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco

So if a woman punched you multiple times and wanted to enter a man's world, you would just let her continue punching you? If she wants to enter a man's world, she'll get dealt with like a man.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
If this guy did indeed hurt some of the people he was holding until the authorities arrived he should not only be sued but criminally charged ... don't know about US laws, but if he can't prove that he was in danger when they were under his watch (un-armed) then these people are going to win this lawsuit ...

yes, i know they are breaking the law .. but if i catch someone trying to rob a store and have him under control while i am waiting for the police, and i decide to try out my armbar on the guy and break his arm, you can be sure that i am gonna get charged if i can't prove i was doing it in self-defence
I have no problem believing that these Mexicans are just liars who will say whatever it takes to win their case. They're already entering a country illegally, trespassing, destroying someone else's property and breaking & entering; it's not much of a stretch to believe that they are capable of lying as well.

This never should have gone to trial to begin with, it's total BS.

Also, your example doesn't apply, because this guy is protecting his own land, not someone else's commercial property. It's a completely different scenario.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:

So, you're telling me that if some drugged out, crazy woman is holding your family at gunpoint and you have the chance to take her down with a baseball bat, that you wouldn't do it?
Old 02-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
So if a woman punched you multiple times and wanted to enter a man's world, you would just let her continue punching you? If she wants to enter a man's world, she'll get dealt with like a man.
She's laying on the floor and he allegedly kicked her. I don't see a woman doing much damage to you while laying on the floor.

If a woman was punching me I would subdue and hold her in place until she settled. I've never met a woman that could seriously hurt me by hitting me and I've met some tough chicks.

Punching or kicking a woman is wrong ESPECIALLY if on the ground. He can do whatever he wants they trespassed on his land and he should be in his rights to do what he wishes. I personally feel kicking a woman while she is down is wrong.

I commend him for his efforts but if I ever met the man and he bragged about kicking a downed woman I'd have to call him out and give him a little justice of my own.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
So, you're telling me that if some drugged out, crazy woman is holding your family at gunpoint and you have the chance to take her down with a baseball bat, that you wouldn't do it?
Your using totally different circumstances then what we are discussing. Guns and knives are a different story. She isn't playing fair at that point.

On the same token if some mexican was crossing your land and you caught the chick and decided you were going to kick her while she lays at your feet scared of your gun for making you go through the trouble your just fine with that?
Old 02-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
including discharging a firearm during the commission of a violent crime, which by itself carries a federally mandated 10-year minimum sentence.
That's ridiculous, the fact that they are law enforcement officials should have rendered them immune from that stupid law.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:32 PM
rearnakedchoke

I don't think it matters if he is protecting his land ... if they can show that he was not in physical danger and he still harmed these people, then he could be found guilty ... so if someone breaks into my house and i disarm them and are holding them hostage .. while the police are on the way, i decide to start laying a beating on them, well i think i can be charged with assault
Old 02-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Your using totally different circumstances then what we are discussing. Guns and knives are a different story. She isn't playing fair at that point.

On the same token if some mexican was crossing your land and you caught the chick and decided you were going to kick her for making you go through the trouble your just fine with that?
No, you said "You don't hit women. Period." which is pretty much an absolute according to your words. So I simply came up with a scenario that would force you to rethink your comments.

Either the "You don't hit women. Period." statement is true and you would allow your family to be gunned down while you stuck to your principles. Or the statement is false.

With the way your phrased it, there is no middle ground.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:34 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I have no problem believing that these Mexicans are just liars who will say whatever it takes to win their case. They're already entering a country illegally, trespassing, destroying someone else's property and breaking & entering; it's not much of a stretch to believe that they are capable of lying as well.

This never should have gone to trial to begin with, it's total BS.

Also, your example doesn't apply, because this guy is protecting his own land, not someone else's commercial property. It's a completely different scenario.

Sure, they could be lying, but you don't know that.

I think RNC's point was that IF this guy is assaulting people after he detains them he should be charged. I agree with him.

It seems the popular idea floating around this thread is that the guy has this divine right to just start shooting people because they crossed onto his land. I don't think I need to explain how retarded that is. If he feels threatened, that is completely different, but just because these people are illegal immigrants does not mean they should be used as target practice. They are human beings.

The truth is, this guy should not be out there policing the area by himself to begin with. I know it's his land, but that is just DUMB, he's lucky he ain't dead by now.