Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-12-2009, 01:30 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

There are 3 to 5 teenage boys who come from the neighborhood behind us and run through my backyard over to our neighborhood (I have a fence, they jump it). I don't know if they have friends over here or are up to no-good. They always seem to be running. Maybe I should corner them with my gun and dog until the police get here to check them out.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
I don't think I am on anyways side .. just want to see the right thing done .. if he did the things he said they did, well they should get the money (is $32 million too much?)

but if he did nothing wrong and just held them until the border police got there, well should have it thrown out .. we shall see ..
Are you serious that should get the money? **** them!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
There are 3 to 5 teenage boys who come from the neighborhood behind us and run through my backyard over to our neighborhood (I have a fence, they jump it). I don't know if they have friends over here or are up to no-good. They always seem to be running. Maybe I should corner them with my gun and dog until the police get here to check them out.

In your fenced in yard.. not a horrible idea, but since there are more cops than boarder patrol, maybe you should call the cops and they can patrol your area a little more often.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco

Agreed!

What about the "human rights" of his that were violated.. hell .. he missed Friends reruns to patrol his own land.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:56 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Yup and he should take to heart the American pastime (now Mexican) and file a lawsuit against the people who are hiring these illegals and he should sue for $64 million .. that way he gets a nice profit .. ahhh .. Only in America .. and Mexico .. LOL
Old 02-12-2009, 02:18 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
In your fenced in yard.. not a horrible idea, but since there are more cops than boarder patrol, maybe you should call the cops and they can patrol your area a little more often.
I live in the outskirts of a county and very close to the stateline. It is an hour and a half round trip for the police. Our county went from 12,000 arrests in one year to 25,000 this past year with only a few deputies hired. They don't patrol anywhere anymore because they are literally going from one call to the next, eating in their cars, and stopping only to piss. They could care less about the teenagers running through my yard and I don't blame them when they are busy with more legitimate crimes.

And as far as the 'not a horrible idea', pulling a gun on teenagers is not a horrible idea? God help your children if Karma ever focuses on you. Oh wait, let me guess. Your children would never cut across someone else's yard. And if they did then they would deserve to be held at gunpoint.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:22 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
OK, maybe I can understand them wanting to cross into America.

However, they have no excuse for vandalizing, stealing or killing livestock. The guy even put a spigot on his water tower so they could get water WITHOUT damaging the tank. Sounds to me like this guy has done everything he can and his patience has worn out.

If you don't want the property owner to hold you at gunpoint and give you a kick or three, then cross his land peacefully without damaging/stealing anything. I still say he should go free. If it was my land, I might have eventually become violent against the trespassers as well.
I totally agree with this! I just wanted to point that out in case someone got the wrong idea where I stand on this with my yard-running teenager issue.

I agree with this. However, I will say that taking this before a judge may not be a bad idea because anything can get out of hand and go too far. Maybe this is what it will take to get the American some help with his property issues.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
And as far as the 'not a horrible idea', pulling a gun on teenagers is not a horrible idea? God help your children if Karma ever focuses on you. Oh wait, let me guess. Your children would never cut across someone else's yard. And if they did then they would deserve to be held at gunpoint.

No actually they wouldn't. maybe a front yard, heading to a friends house or something like that.

But jumping a fence.. they are asking for troubles.

Quote:
I live in the outskirts of a county and very close to the stateline. It is an hour and a half round trip for the police. Our county went from 12,000 arrests in one year to 25,000 this past year with only a few deputies hired. They don't patrol anywhere anymore because they are literally going from one call to the next, eating in their cars, and stopping only to piss. They could care less about the teenagers running through my yard and I don't blame them when they are busy with more legitimate crimes.
Agreed, maybe you should just talk to them, to get them to stay out of your yard. Better than staying in your home and not doing anything. If it's a nusiance and your having a problem with it, do something.. sounds like your in the right about it being your area, they shouldn't be there.. If the cops are over worked, vote for more cops, complain to the department.. do something.. sitting back and doing nothing equates to submission.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
God help your children if Karma ever focuses on you.
Fortunately, as Christians, we know that Karma doesn't exist.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with using a bit of force to teach kids some respect, it's biblical:
2 Kings 2:23-25
Quote:
From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths. And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:44 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Fortunately, as Christians, we know that Karma doesn't exist.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with using a bit of force to teach kids some respect, it's biblical:
2 Kings 2:23-25
No, I don't know that. I use the term Karma because most people understand what that means. I think God uses what we term as Karma all the time to teach us lessons.

And maybe I will ask the Lord to throw a curse on them but I won't be pulling a gun on them. That isn't the best of neighborhoods back there and I won't risk starting a war over it. They can keep running through my yard as long as they aren't messing with anything. And I will keep hoping that hubby doesn't catch them.

p.s. There is a path that they usually take. I thought about taking my dog & letting him poop in that area everyday and leaving it there.