Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 11-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Default The Blind Side

We went and saw it last night. It has been getting great reviews and the people I know that have seen it rave about it. Well I was a little disappointed. It's a great feel good story. It is really cool that it's true, this guy lived this life and was taken in by that family. But there wasn't nearly enough football in it. It was mostly a light, fluffy piece to tug at your heartstrings some but wasn't nearly the feel good movie that Rudy or Remember The Titans was for me. It's not a waste of money at all but be prepared what the movie really is.

~Amy
Old 11-28-2009, 12:59 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
We went and saw it last night. It has been getting great reviews and the people I know that have seen it rave about it. Well I was a little disappointed. It's a great feel good story. It is really cool that it's true, this guy lived this life and was taken in by that family. But there wasn't nearly enough football in it. It was mostly a light, fluffy piece to tug at your heartstrings some but wasn't nearly the feel good movie that Rudy or Remember The Titans was for me. It's not a waste of money at all but be prepared what the movie really is.

~Amy
my wife and I are going to see it tonight, (so she tells me) i just hope i can stay awake through this one.

Last edited by bradwright; 11-28-2009 at 01:45 PM. Reason: because i'm stupid.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:03 PM
TENNESSEAN

It isn't a football movie But it was good. A nice family and sports turned that boys life around.
That's exactly what FIGHTING FOR KIDS is all about. Giving "children of the state" the chance to do things we all take for granted.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
It isn't a football movie But it was good. A nice family and sports turned that boys life around.
That's exactly what FIGHTING FOR KIDS is all about. Giving "children of the state" the chance to do things we all take for granted.
Absolutely!!! It was a good movie and I do recommend seeing it but I wanted more football or something.

~Amy
Old 11-30-2009, 02:25 PM
CAMPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
my wife and I are going to see it tonight, (so she tells me) i just hope i can stay awake through this one.
I'm interested in seeing it too...but we ended up going to see (and almost falling asleep! after the first hour and a half of) "2012"...it would have been a good action flick if they would have shortened it!!! Geesh!!
Anyway, I wanna see The Blind Side... I like "feel good" movies
Old 11-30-2009, 03:37 PM
billwilliams70

I think that it was wrongly reviewed as a 'football movie'. I know that there was one commercial for it that stated a big reviewer claimed "this is how football movies should be made". I think that was done to draw some folks in that might not have seen it otherwise.

Good movie though. I saw it yesterday.

The Ravens played on Sunday Night Football last night against the Steelers (and won for those Steelers fans out there) and Michael Oher was interviewed by Bob Costas. Good interview too. Bob Costas did mention that Oher stated that he understands the Hollywood additions to the movie but said that he knew how to play football when he came to the school and that he was more intellectual than he was portrayed.

Later.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
.....The Ravens played on Sunday Night Football last night against the Steelers (and won for those Steelers fans out there)
We know Bill... We know!!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Silverback

My 2 youngest son's,(12 and 16) and I went to see it last week, we loved it, Sandra Bullock did a wonderful job, ( but whats not to like when you see her) yea would have loved more football, but I think that may have took a little off where they was going with it. I just enjoyed being with my son's, and they picked it, said Dad it's a football movie, so go figure.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
I think that it was wrongly reviewed as a 'football movie'. I know that there was one commercial for it that stated a big reviewer claimed "this is how football movies should be made". I think that was done to draw some folks in that might not have seen it otherwise.

Good movie though. I saw it yesterday.

The Ravens played on Sunday Night Football last night against the Steelers (and won for those Steelers fans out there) and Michael Oher was interviewed by Bob Costas. Good interview too. Bob Costas did mention that Oher stated that he understands the Hollywood additions to the movie but said that he knew how to play football when he came to the school and that he was more intellectual than he was portrayed.

Later.
We just saw it. I really liked it. I wondered how much license the film makers took with the story and was hoping they portrayed it as close to Oher's life as possible. Loved Sandra Bullock. I heard they had offered the part to Julia Roberts first; I'm glad she turned it down.

Football or no....I think it's one of the best movies I've seen this year.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
We just saw it. I really liked it. I wondered how much license the film makers took with the story and was hoping they portrayed it as close to Oher's life as possible. Loved Sandra Bullock. I heard they had offered the part to Julia Roberts first; I'm glad she turned it down.

Football or no....I think it's one of the best movies I've seen this year.
I agree with you about the movie, it is very rare that when a movie is over that people jump right up and head for the door, this however no one moved till the screen went black, watched it with my 2 youngest sons and enjoyed every minute of it, and they picked it. Sandra Bullock is something to look at, I must say.