Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02-13-2009, 06:56 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
wow .. just saw this .. LOL .... so you like watching jens getting beat into a pulp, cry in his post fight comments and ponder retirement ... the way i see it, if retirement evens pops up as an option, it is probably time to call it a career, but only a fighting career .. he has great coaching and training potential .. and a new kid to worry about ... stay healthy and train people, it will ensure he stays on this earth longer ...
Are you serious? So back after Matt had back-to-back losses in early 2001 and questioned whether or not he should stay in the sport, he should have just hung it up & retired, right? I mean, his career was clearly over & he'd never amount to anything.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-13-2009, 07:15 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Are you serious? So back after Matt had back-to-back losses in early 2001 and questioned whether or not he should stay in the sport, he should have just hung it up & retired, right? I mean, his career was clearly over & he'd never amount to anything.
that was different .. in 2001, who knew even if mma was going to be a successful sport, the money wasn't even that great (i know money is not everything), so back then, the idea was, should i even bother with a sport that might not even exist in the near future... now it is 2009, can jens hang with up and coming kids coming into the sport, who knows, but i think we have seen his best days and he has nothing to prove .. he is not like an aging football star who hasn't won a superbowl, he has been a champ

why get smoked against these youngsters in the cage when you can train someone to beat them .. that is all, if he wants to fight, who am i? it is his decision
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
if he wants to fight, who am i? it is his decision
He's made his decision for now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-13-2009, 07:34 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
He's made his decision for now.
correct ..
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-16-2009, 05:06 PM
GroundNPound
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
He's made his decision for now.
I'm kind of glad Jens is still fighting because he's a likable guy. If gets his head straight he may be able to contend some but I doubt he'll ever beat the best guys.

After watching his 2 fights with Faber I think it's clear his reactions have slowed and his best days are behind him. I just don't want him to keep fighting and losing like Ken Shamrock and ruining his legacy. If he loses his next fight he needs to retire.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundNPound
I'm kind of glad Jens is still fighting because he's a likable guy. If gets his head straight he may be able to contend some but I doubt he'll ever beat the best guys.

After watching his 2 fights with Faber I think it's clear his reactions have slowed and his best days are behind him. I just don't want him to keep fighting and losing like Ken Shamrock and ruining his legacy. If he loses his next fight he needs to retire.
thats for the future and for him to decide.

I dont think that taking Faber to a five round decision, or that flurry we saw in the first round show anything about reaction times
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-16-2009, 07:07 PM
hizo64
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Please dont Shamrock yourself Jens!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-16-2009, 07:23 PM
GroundNPound
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
thats for the future and for him to decide.

I dont think that taking Faber to a five round decision, or that flurry we saw in the first round show anything about reaction times
Well Garcia beat him to the punch as well. And I guess you could look at it like taking Faber to a decision or you could say he got pummeled from bell to bell which is what I saw. It seems like Jens doesn't pull the trigger fast enough anymore...or maybe it's just a rut. We'll see.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-16-2009, 09:08 PM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

good for jens.

as rocky said it's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-16-2009, 09:11 PM
hizo64
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
good for jens.

as rocky said it's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward
Bless you Rocky......YO ADRIEN!! JENS DID IT!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.