Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 02-13-2009, 12:48 AM
GroundNPound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

No I think if they had a rematch Jens would win.

Did you know...speaking of Faber...I've just bought myself a Rubber Plant...and called it Urijah

I call it like I see it. Jens can't beat Faber. And I was rooting for Jens.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:11 AM
Stump Rules!

If he gets his crap together and evolves as a fighter he can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundNPound

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-13-2009, 03:12 AM
Stump Rules!

He's not gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I heard from a friend that Tank is actually gay.. That he hangs out a gay bar. Rumor of course but still funny.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-13-2009, 12:19 PM
KevinD

[QUOTE=Tyburn]I aggree. Squash a few cans...whilst Leonard Garcia gets the title, and smushes Faber

Then work his way back up beating hopefully both on the way.

I think you are in a bit of a dream world there. Pulver had his day and sadly that day has come and gone. I don't see him beating any of the top fighters in his division in the WEC.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundNPound
The first match showed he could. He was winning the second until he got caught.

You can "call it" whatever you want.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

[QUOTE=KevinD]
Quote:
I aggree. Squash a few cans...whilst Leonard Garcia gets the title, and smushes Faber

Then work his way back up beating hopefully both on the way.

I think you are in a bit of a dream world there. Pulver had his day and sadly that day has come and gone. I don't see him beating any of the top fighters in his division in the WEC.
Dont be silly. He has shown the potential to beat Faber, and Urijah is long time best of that division. A year from now he could potentially have the Title (Jens I mean, not Urijah...he'll never see it again, coz Leonard Garcia is next on the Throne
Old 02-13-2009, 04:58 PM
KevinD

I agree Garcia will win the title. But I don't think Jens can beat Faber, Brown or Garcia.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD
I agree Garcia will win the title. But I don't think Jens can beat Faber, Brown or Garcia.
I dont know about Brown. Faber I know he has the potential, and Garcia aswell...he just got caught. Brown...until they fight I can only tell you that I have the upmost confidence in his abilities
Old 02-13-2009, 06:24 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
noone asked you

and suprise, suprise, its rearnakedchoke and his falsefandom again
wow .. just saw this .. LOL .... so you like watching jens getting beat into a pulp, cry in his post fight comments and ponder retirement ... the way i see it, if retirement evens pops up as an option, it is probably time to call it a career, but only a fighting career .. he has great coaching and training potential .. and a new kid to worry about ... stay healthy and train people, it will ensure he stays on this earth longer ...
Old 02-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
wow .. just saw this .. LOL ....

1)so you like watching jens getting beat into a pulp,

2) cry in his post fight comments and

3) ponder retirement ...

4) the way i see it, if retirement evens pops up as an option, it is probably time to call it a career, but only a fighting career ..

5) he has great coaching and training potential .. and a new kid to worry about ... stay healthy and train people, it will ensure he stays on this earth longer ...
1) He's a fighter in a competition. He held his own against Urijah 1, he got caught against Garcia and he was winning til he got caught verses Urijah 2. I aint seen no "pulp"

2) Jens being expressive doesnt worry me. I dont want to see him burst into tears, but if he does, I wont have sleepless nights about it. What I like about Jens is that he aint afraid to cry on camara if he feels sad.

3) He can ponder retirement. Thats for him to decide...and he has decided. I support his decision, I also happen to aggree with it aswell.

4) "the way [you] see it" doesnt really matter. Its stupid to think that people who dont go through bad patches, wont consider retirement, and more stupid to think they must retire because they consider it.

5) He's not ready to do that full time yet. He doesnt want to, I dont want him to be unhappy, and I aggree with him. He's not that old verses some of them still in competition. Do you feel Randy should quit because then he'd have greater longevity.

You call yourself a fan, but the truth of the matter as I see it, is you think he's crappy, should quit as a fighter, and just coach...you base that probably only on what you saw on TUF. Is that an idiom for "out of sight, out of mind" ?

I say its his choice. I will support him whatever he decides, even if I dissagree with his decision. I believe he has the tallent and ability to beat anyone. I also know that he doesnt want to be gifted. He's lost a few, he should work his way back up. Thats what he would want, thats what I think is best...but then I take loyalty very seriously. I dont try and reduce him, hide him, or make him irrelevent.