Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 11-27-2009, 05:27 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
""I mean I wasn't supposed to beat Nogueira standing"
No no Frank, you got it wrong, you aren't suppose to beat him on the ground.

I love all these HW's who are much lower on the ladder than Fedor all think he should come to them.
That isn't how it works, the top dog doesn't come to you, you go to him.
If Frank, or Lesnar or Carwin had any interest in fighting Fedor they would chase him, yet they do not.
The best doesn't chase down challengers, challengers chase the best.
I have never thought of it that way but that is true. They always say that Fedor doesn't want to fight the best or he would be in the UFC. So same should be true for those guys. If they have any interest in fighting the best then they should go to the best.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:57 AM
donaldbreland

People shouldn't have to chase Fedor. In all reality he should chase them. Being in the UFC is equivalent to Brett Farve being in the NFL instead of joining the AFL. Fighters should want to prove that they are the best and the UFC has the best fighters in the world. I said it once and I will say it again. I think the top 3 heavyweights in the UFC can beat Fedor. I don't think Fedor could beat Brock. Brock is too strong and hits like a freight train. I think if Brock fought Fedor tomorrow, Brock would win. I want to see Fedor beat the best guys in the world.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:07 AM
donaldbreland

To finish what I was saying. I do think Fedor is a very good fighter but I don't want him to come to the UFC when he is over the hill. I want to see him there soon. I don't want people to throw up the excuse that he would have dominated 5 years earlier. I think the next 2 years are going to be Fedors best years and I want to see him fight in the UFC. I also want to see Rogers there as well. I say get rid of Gonzaga and bring in Brett.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:17 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
People shouldn't have to chase Fedor. In all reality he should chase them. Being in the UFC is equivalent to Brett Farve being in the NFL instead of joining the AFL. Fighters should want to prove that they are the best and the UFC has the best fighters in the world. I said it once and I will say it again. I think the top 3 heavyweights in the UFC can beat Fedor. I don't think Fedor could beat Brock. Brock is too strong and hits like a freight train. I think if Brock fought Fedor tomorrow, Brock would win. I want to see Fedor beat the best guys in the world.
You cannot compare team sports to individual sports, it doesn't work.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:19 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
What basis do you have for that?
Brock is 1 - 1 with Frank Mir.
Fedor has two insane wins over Big Nog.
Who are your top 3 UFC HW's?

Sorry, but the UFC does have a lot of great fighters,
and a bigger stable than any other company,
but they DO NOT have the best fighters in the world at every weight class.

HW and LW are lacking,
esp LW, other than BJ.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:22 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Your post is just silly bro. It defies logic to think that anybody should chase Fedor... the UFC is clearly the elite MMA organization on planet Earth. To think that any fighter should turn their back on it to go to a much lesser organization is lunacy.

If Fedor wants to be remembered as the best or even one of the best MMA artists out their it's ON HIM to fight the best fighters.. he controls his own legacy. He's had multiple chances to fight in the UFC and he chooses not to based on greed, fear or both.

How is it silly? Champions don't chase challengers, challengers chase champions.
Its a joke to think Fedor needs to come the UFC to fight a guy with 5 fights.
A complete joke.

24 months ago Brock Lesnar was NOTHING in mma,
and at this point he may never fight again.

And no offense, but a "much lesser" organization?
Dream signs one fight deals, if you wanted to fight Fedor you could sign for a one fight deal then sign with the UFC for your life binding contract.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:23 AM
atomdanger

For the record, I want Fedor in the UFC,
but I am not completely blinded by Dana White and I realize that there is talent outside the UFC,
annnd the UFC is the biggest name in MMA in the states,
but that doesn't mean its where everybody needs to be.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:37 AM
donaldbreland

So instead of fighting a champion with 5 fights. He decides to fight a guy with 9 fights who is not a champion.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Brocks knocked out one person and hes a lhw.... how does that constitute hitting like a freight train... He couldnt even finish herring..... Fedor beat the **** out of a prime heath herring before his knee injuries
Old 11-27-2009, 11:55 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
So instead of fighting a champion with 5 fights. He decides to fight a guy with 9 fights who is not a champion.
In fairness, a belt means nothing.
its a symbol a company gives its "top" fighter.
Its much more about who you've fought, and how you've beat them, than titles.

Just in the same sense how a black belt means nothing,
its the skills that matter, not the belt.

See where I'm going?