Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-26-2009, 01:43 AM
Administrator

I think it's pure idiocy to be concerned about the human rights of known terrorists.

Obviously, our troops need to just shoot them all on sight and not put themselves at risk of getting prosecuted by capturing these terrorists alive.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:03 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I think it's pure idiocy to be concerned about the human rights of known terrorists.

Obviously, our troops need to just shoot them all on sight and not put themselves at risk of getting prosecuted by capturing these terrorists alive.

No complaints here... Dead men tell no lies.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

That would be classed as a war crime wouldnt it.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:13 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
That would be classed as a war crime wouldnt it.
Not if the terrorist put up a fight. Instead of capturing the terrorist, just kill them in the struggle. Seems simpler to me.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Not if the terrorist put up a fight. Instead of capturing the terrorist, just kill them in the struggle. Seems simpler to me.
If you were under orders to capture alive for judgement by trial...and you killed the suspect...then I suspect unless you could proove and have many witnesses saying there was a mass firefight or something...you'd probably find yourself facing disciplinary action.

In the Military, its called Court Marshall, In Buisness its called Civil Court or Industrial Tribuneral, in the Government its called A public enquiry or Criminal Court.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:24 PM
County Mike

I call it "we shot back".
Old 11-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I call it "we shot back".
Outstanding
Old 11-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
If you were under orders to capture alive for judgement by trial...and you killed the suspect...then I suspect unless you could proove and have many witnesses saying there was a mass firefight or something...you'd probably find yourself facing disciplinary action.

In the Military, its called Court Marshall, In Buisness its called Civil Court or Industrial Tribuneral, in the Government its called A public enquiry or Criminal Court.
And who exactly would press charges? One of the other soldiers? I don't think so. The Iraqi citizens? They're going to be too happy that you rid them of a brutal murderer, so no. The terrorist? Well, he's dead, so no. The Liberal media? Of course they would, being that they are the true enemies of America; but fortunately Liberals are always cowards, so they will never put themselves at risk by being where the action is.

So, I'd say it's pretty safe to just shoot the terrorists on site and not allow the Liberals to continue to endanger America by giving these murderers more "human rights" than American citizens are allowed.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Nate, Nate....NATE!!!!!

In the time I have been here... going on 3ish years now???

I have been accused of sucking up to you.. bashing your (comments) religion, and some other stuff that is usually on misunderstandings....

Let there be NO misunderstanding.....

OMG!!!!! U RL!!!! afair I have never found something posted by U that I would have to agree so much with!!!

asafp I would like to shake your hand, both for your opinions and that you stood up and served when many won't.

AMBW

Quote:
The Liberal media? Of course they would, being that they are the true enemies of America; but fortunately Liberals are always cowards, so they will never put themselves at risk by being where the action is.

Liberals (media/politicians/general people) tend to be VERY liberal with their words.. horribly conservative with their actions.. that's for the "other people..
Old 11-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
And who exactly would press charges? One of the other soldiers? I don't think so.
If you disobeyed a superior officer...you'd probably get it in the head from them. I doubt it would end up in the media until AFTER you've been prosecuted.

This has nothing to do with Terrorism Mr Rosario, this is to do with following orders....or not following orders so to speak. Nevermind what that actually entails. The Military has a very explicit heirachical structure, with very specific rules regardless and irrespective of circumstance.

Do what your told, or you'll get into trouble. Its not rocket science. Deep philosophical discussion is mute. The subject matter is pretty much mute. If your ordered to capture someone alive and you kill them, you have failed. It doesnt matter whether they deserved to die, or whether anyone will miss them, or whether the world would be safer without them. Besides, The Military is not about Killing, its about defending. You make bloody sure your captive dies as a matter of your self defense...or else it will be seen as a war crime. It doesnt matter if you like it, or aggree with it. Free Thinking is not required. Its an Extreme J culture. Follow the Rules, or you'll end up in trouble.