Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 11-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Default BLOG: UFC 106 - Brian Foster

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
Sorry about the super late blog, I've been traveling and Nate's been busy helping Mark in the field. My buddy, Boomer, spent some time in Hillsboro, here is his little story from when he was around town:
BOOMER TALE: A WEEK IN HILLSBORO

Went over to Ohio for a deer hunt at Stillwater, had a great time, great accommodations, and saw plenty of deer. Here are some pictures from that hunt:

Also if anybody is interested in going to Canada for a deer hunt, I know my buddy, Grant, would take care of them. The link to Grant's place is Buck Paradise.

This last weekend was also the first of three deer hunting gun seasons in Illinois. Joey and I went out all weekend and had a great time together. Joey wanted to shoot every buck that walked by and I ended up letting him shoot a mature 5-point deer that was injured and he loved it. Joey is an excellent hunter and is getting better all the time. We'll get some pictures posted next time.

Last Saturday was UFC 106, HIT Squad's own Brian Foster fought a very tough Brock Larsen. I knew the match up was going to be tough, so we really put our time in with Brian at the gym. If you watch the fight, you will know that Brian did very well and almost made Brock look bad. Brock's a great guy, I've trained with him a lot and I'm sure he'll rebound from this.

Here's a forward I got that I thought was interesting:

Quote:

He is a Chief Master Sergeant in the USAF

As high as you can go in enlisted ranks (E-9)

Wouldn't it be fitting if this went completely around the world!.....

John Gebhardt's wife, Mindy, said that this little girl's entire family was executed. The insurgents intended to execute the little girl also, and shot her in the head...but they failed to kill her. She was cared for in John's hospital and is healing up, but continues to cry and moan. The nurses said John is the only one who seems to calm her down, so John has spent the last four nights holding her while they both slept in that chair. The girl is coming along with her healing.

He is a real Star of the war, and represents what America is trying to do.

This, my friends, is worth sharing. Go for it!! You'll never see things like this in the news. Please keep this going. Nothing will happen if you don't, but the American public needs to see pictures like this and needs to realize that what we're doing over there is making a difference. Even if it is just one little girl at a time.

James Gates U. S. Navy
IN GOD WE TRUST
The Bible verse for this week:

Quote:
O LORD my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them! (Psalm 40:5)
I'll see everybody next week. -matt
Old 11-24-2009, 01:41 PM
CAMPO

good to see the update! Great pics and I loved the Boomer Tail!!

Very moving & powerful story & photo of the USAF & little girl...if that doesn't put things into perspective, nothing will.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Gobble, Gobble!
Old 11-24-2009, 02:31 PM

Nice pics of your hunt, Matt.

Makes your heart break to see a hurt child, but lifts us up to see the giving hearts of such good people as the Chief Master Sergeant.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:38 PM
rearnakedchoke

congrats to you matt on your schools win and a bigger congrats to brian ... you can definitely tell that he has been attending the hughes intense training regime ...
Old 11-24-2009, 03:03 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Great pics Matt!
Old 11-24-2009, 03:10 PM

Congrats on the bucks to you and Joey.
Thanks for sharing the story about the little girl. very touching.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

[
Old 11-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Mac

Congratulations on your Buck Joey !
Old 11-25-2009, 07:02 PM

Loved the link about the Master Sargent

With Armstice recently past I think it is very important to prayer for those out there British and American.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:20 AM
canadiancountryboy

I would find it tough to leave the country without that poor little girl. Given she only responds to him, she'll be lost without him. Sad story, but at least she found some comfort.