Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-23-2009, 12:00 PM
County Mike

Default KOSCHECK WANTS 10 TO 12 FIGHTS IN 2010... REALLY

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...0073&zoneid=13
Quote:
He often draws more jeers than cheers, but Josh Koscheckís willingness to fight assures that he always has at least one devotee, UFC matchmaker Joe Silva.

Even when he stepped in on a momentís notice to face Thiago Alves at UFC 90 late last year, Koscheckís one stipulation, win or lose, was that he didnít want to sacrifice his already scheduled bout with Yoshiyuki Yoshida just one and a half months later.

He fought four times in 2008 and three in 2009, but following Saturdayís win over upstart Anthony Johnson, heís already put in a request to Silva for some overtime in 2010.

Knowing that a bout against Dan Hardy or Georges St-Pierre is currently off the radar Ė the two will fight each other in February or March of next year Ė Koscheck will fight whoever they put in front of him. His one request? Put someone in front of him often.

ď(Dan Hardyís) not gonna happen, Iím just gonna fight,Ē he told MMAWeekly.com. ďI already told Joe Silva Iím ready to fight. Hopefully I can get 10 to 12 fights next year.Ē

Really?

ďYeah, 10 to 12,Ē he declared.

Even with Zuffa pushing its UFC brand across the globe and constantly upping its number of events each year, 10 to 12 isnít really realistic, but Silva and UFC boss Dana White have got to love the enthusiasm.

It isnít often a perennial Top 10 fighter makes himself available at the drop of a hat, but Koscheck is such a fighter.

ďI love to fight and Iím healthy and Dana and Joe know that Iím ready to fight again, so hopefully in 2010, if Iím not fighting St-Pierre next, Iíll fight every month.Ē
I'm not really a fan of Koscheck, but I do appreciate his willingness to fight a lot. It makes sense financially. You don't get paid to train. You get paid to fight.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Hughes fanboy

We'd have to see him at every other UFC event tho...FAIL.

I also agree his willingness is great.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 11-23-2009, 01:08 PM
rearnakedchoke

yeah, going from fighting 3 in a year to 10 is silly ... but he doesn't deserve a shot at GSP ... going 3-2 in your last five doesn't make you shot worthy and beating and old trigg and rumble doesn't make you number one ... i mean, lyoto had to win 6 ufc fights before he got a shot and fitch had to win 8 in a row ... dana got him good though and said, why don't you fight jon fitch .. that shut him up ... haha
Old 11-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
yeah, going from fighting 3 in a year to 10 is silly ... but he doesn't deserve a shot at GSP ... going 3-2 in your last five doesn't make you shot worthy and beating and old trigg and rumble doesn't make you number one ... i mean, lyoto had to win 6 ufc fights before he got a shot and fitch had to win 8 in a row ... dana got him good though and said, why don't you fight jon fitch .. that shut him up ... haha

Fitch/Koz.. then the winner gets to fight Hughes!!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I love Koscheck, never really understood why people hate him so much.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Fitch/Koz.. then the winner gets to fight Hughes!!!!
He wont fight Fitch..... Which makes you think since he wont fight Fitch/swick theres not many fights out there for him... who does he expect to fight? 10 Middle tier fighters?
Old 11-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
He wont fight Fitch..... Which makes you think since he wont fight Fitch/swick theres not many fights out there for him... who does he expect to fight? 10 Middle tier fighters?
Why?
Old 11-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Why?
Team mates.

Hardy doesn't deserve a shot either.

GSP has cleaned out the division really.. It's evident in the fact that he is fighting Dan Hardy of all people.

A fight I would like to see is Hardy vs Thiago Alves.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:12 PM
atomdanger

Kos doesn't wantto fight every month next year,
I don't buy that for a second, a lot of talk.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Kos doesn't wantto fight every month next year,
I don't buy that for a second, a lot of talk.
12 would be an exaggeration but he's shown more of a willingness to fight anybody, anytime, then almost anybody else I can think of.