Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
I hope that they don't have to expose any Military secrets in the Trial! The Military Tribunal has different rules and I can't remember us giving our enemy access to Civilian courts before! Also Civilian Lawyers when defending Trash will sometimes turn the trial into a big circus! So I think use a Military Tribunal to determine Guilt or innocence then pump them dry of any useful info they may have. Then you can hang them!
That is a major problem with trials involving prisoners of war, or terrorists. You could conduct a closed Trial of course I suppose..

Yes, definately hang them after guilt is determined. You should set up your own Tyburn on the National Mall. There is More then enough Room there Its a Stones Throw from the Supreme Court, A stones throw from the Pentagon, so it wouldnt matter which kind of trial you ran. Its also in the Shadow of the Capitol Building, so the Government could arrange themselves on the balconies and steps outside to watch the Spectical. You wouldnt have much of a parade...but thats okay...these are criminals you dont want to give too much time to escape. If they threaten the citizenry it should be a public execution because it is every citizen who has in effect been wronged. You have BIG news channels, there is more then enough room for a press section, you can use the carpark above constipation Hall for that. They can park there with their satalite dishes, and then lift Helicopters off from there, for a perfect view over the Dome to Nu Tyburn LOL. Put people from the Federal Triangle into the Elipse and set up a large Screen against the Washington Monument, and even The President could watch from the White House Balcony...plus...dont mean to be funny...but IF there is an escape attempt then at least some of your civil service are not all on the Mall...and yet they are still close enough to be able to see with minimal technology. Finish it off with a nice Fireworks display launched from the pool infront of Lincoln....or maybe from Arlington Cemetary and you'd have a fantastic day.

Last edited by Tyburn; 11-28-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:12 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Why should somebody like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed even get a trial?

The only reason we didn't clip him right when we found him is because he looks like the Dunkin Donuts guy and we figured if we hooked up some car batteries to his nipples he might give up the booty on his jihadist buddies.

As for the Ft. Hood nutjob. They should have just finished him off on the spot. It's not like he was of any use to us. Now our military has to waste resources on a scumbag that is probably gonna get the death penalty anyway.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:25 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Why should somebody like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed even get a trial?

The only reason we didn't clip him right when we found him is because he looks like the Dunkin Donuts guy and we figured if we hooked up some car batteries to his nipples he might give up the booty on his jihadist buddies.

As for the Ft. Hood nutjob. They should have just finished him off on the spot. It's not like he was of any use to us. Now our military has to waste resources on a scumbag that is probably gonna get the death penalty anyway.

Because everyone deserves a Trial. Even Saddam had a Trial. Your whole Civilization is based on innocent til proven guilty. If they were caught in the act, it shouldnt be difficult to prove their guilt should it. Its important because it makes it official and its part of the process they must face for having done their wrongs.

That was half the whoha over the Americans storing people supposed to be terrorists in Guantanamo Bay...firstly...ask your self why they werent stored in America (answer...because you cant detain people for longer then a certain length without trail in America) Secondly...its a path to corruption. You and me both know that those at Guantanamo almost certainly are guilty...but having the option as a Government to hold people before guilt has been asscertained...well...its naughty...supposing they just dont like you but you've done nothing wrong....they could say you have, stuff you in there...and never need to worry..we all know that too much power to governments lead to corruption...whilst the barrel is pointed away from you, you dont care...but as soon as the Government turn it and point it at you...you'd suddenly revert back to what an evil government you have.

People need to be more objective about this subject. this isnt just about terrorists...its about your government...any government...watch that you dont lose some of your rights in a VERY silent manner....

Think about it...this could be the answer to all your governments prayers. No need to disarm the public, when you can lock them away forerver without trial. Its high time some of you Americans woke up...and saw what could..and would in the future have happened.

Getting rid of Guantanamo is Barack Obamas ONLY success in his whole Presidency of any value, particularly to his own people...Democrat, liberal, or not...he said the Government cant have that power...take your blinkers off and aggree with him...because he's right...no government should have the power to detain indefinately without trial. you know it, I know it...dont be afraid to say it.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:49 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Because everyone deserves a Trial. Even Saddam had a Trial. Your whole Civilization is based on innocent til proven guilty. If they were caught in the act, it shouldnt be difficult to prove their guilt should it. Its important because it makes it official and its part of the process they must face for having done their wrongs.

That was half the whoha over the Americans storing people supposed to be terrorists in Guantanamo Bay...firstly...ask your self why they werent stored in America (answer...because you cant detain people for longer then a certain length without trail in America) Secondly...its a path to corruption. You and me both know that those at Guantanamo almost certainly are guilty...but having the option as a Government to hold people before guilt has been asscertained...well...its naughty...supposing they just dont like you but you've done nothing wrong....they could say you have, stuff you in there...and never need to worry..we all know that too much power to governments lead to corruption...whilst the barrel is pointed away from you, you dont care...but as soon as the Government turn it and point it at you...you'd suddenly revert back to what an evil government you have.

People need to be more objective about this subject. this isnt just about terrorists...its about your government...any government...watch that you dont lose some of your rights in a VERY silent manner....

Think about it...this could be the answer to all your governments prayers. No need to disarm the public, when you can lock them away forerver without trial. Its high time some of you Americans woke up...and saw what could..and would in the future have happened.

Getting rid of Guantanamo is Barack Obamas ONLY success in his whole Presidency of any value, particularly to his own people...Democrat, liberal, or not...he said the Government cant have that power...take your blinkers off and aggree with him...because he's right...no government should have the power to detain indefinately without trial. you know it, I know it...dont be afraid to say it.
See, I don't really agree. I guess that in some respects, I just don't think some people deserve it. I'm not gonna really debate my point much further than that, because just while I know that I believe my point is right, does not mean that it is a realistic approach.

Kinda like your view on payouts in MMA. I see where your heart is, but I know, and we all know it's unrealistic.

See, we both taught each other something!
Old 11-29-2009, 10:56 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
See, I don't really agree. I guess that in some respects, I just don't think some people deserve it. I'm not gonna really debate my point much further than that, because just while I know that I believe my point is right, does not mean that it is a realistic approach.

Kinda like your view on payouts in MMA. I see where your heart is, but I know, and we all know it's unrealistic.
oh its realistic...you just have to decide if your prepared to give the government that much power.

My pay scale is also realistic...infact you wouldnt notice the difference with my pay scale from the UFCs ordinary running...whereas if you gave your goverment that power...well one day it might be unwittingly you sitting in the chair after no trial because they thought you didnt deserve it...catch my drift
Old 11-29-2009, 11:38 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
oh its realistic...you just have to decide if your prepared to give the government that much power.

My pay scale is also realistic...infact you wouldnt notice the difference with my pay scale from the UFCs ordinary running...whereas if you gave your goverment that power...well one day it might be unwittingly you sitting in the chair after no trial because they thought you didnt deserve it...catch my drift
Well, the government already does have that power. I mean, they could have just killed both Kalid Sheik Mohammed and the Ft. Hood guy, and it would have been completely justified and nobody would have given a crap. Heck, the Ft Hood guy SHOULD have died for as many times as he was shot. Those two deserve to die, and everybody knows it. I realize WHY we need the system, but it don't mean that I need to think that ALL men deserve to be treated equally. Some people don't deserve the same justice.

Again, no. Your pay scale wouldn't work because fighters who draw more DEMAND more. Big name guys would LOL at that idea. Not to mention that getting the bigger purse is also part of the mental game, and a lot of fighters demand it out of respect. They are not going out there to do some ordinary job. They are competitors AND entertainers (which you have said yourself when criticizing Anderson Silva). As competitors, they are in a dangerous environment where they could be seriously injured for the rest of their life. EVERY dollar counts to a fighter. As entertainers, they deserve to be compensated for what they deliver in terms of entertainment. You cannot make an argument that would hold water to support giving a guy like Shane Carwin MORE money than Brock Lesnar at this point in time. In the fight game, and in any sport, you gotta pay your dues and prove yourself, then you get the big money and fame.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:03 PM
Buzzard

Quote:

While I may strongly disagree with you on many things, I agree with you on most of the points you make here.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Well, the government already does have that power. I mean, they could have just killed both Kalid Sheik Mohammed and the Ft. Hood guy, and it would have been completely justified and nobody would have given a crap. Heck, the Ft Hood guy SHOULD have died for as many times as he was shot. Those two deserve to die, and everybody knows it. I realize WHY we need the system, but it don't mean that I need to think that ALL men deserve to be treated equally. Some people don't deserve the same justice.

Again, no. Your pay scale wouldn't work because fighters who draw more DEMAND more. Big name guys would LOL at that idea. Not to mention that getting the bigger purse is also part of the mental game, and a lot of fighters demand it out of respect. They are not going out there to do some ordinary job. They are competitors AND entertainers (which you have said yourself when criticizing Anderson Silva). As competitors, they are in a dangerous environment where they could be seriously injured for the rest of their life. EVERY dollar counts to a fighter. As entertainers, they deserve to be compensated for what they deliver in terms of entertainment. You cannot make an argument that would hold water to support giving a guy like Shane Carwin MORE money than Brock Lesnar at this point in time. In the fight game, and in any sport, you gotta pay your dues and prove yourself, then you get the big money and fame.

Again...beggers cant be choosers. There is nothing stopping them going for high winnings...but if they dont win, if they cant back up their ego, then they cant have the money...and what if they cant...what are they gonna do? go work for some second rate insitution that pays anything for a single fight, then collapses?

Brock Lesnar has nothing to fear...unless he CANT beat Shane Carwin...its called put your money where your mouth is.

You pay your dues by winning J.B its not rocket science...if you win you may have winnings...but if you lose after asking for big winnings...you get half and your opponent gets what you felt you deserved for winning.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:24 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
While I may strongly disagree with you on many things, I agree with you on most of the points you make here.
thanks
Old 11-29-2009, 01:48 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Because everyone deserves a Trial. Even Saddam had a Trial. Your whole Civilization is based on innocent til proven guilty.

That was half the whoha over the Americans storing people supposed to be terrorists in Guantanamo Bay...firstly...ask your self why they werent stored in America (answer...because you cant detain people for longer then a certain length without trail in America) Secondly...its a path to corruption. You and me both know that those at Guantanamo almost certainly are guilty...but having the option as a Government to hold people before guilt has been asscertained...well...its naughty.......

Dave, do you know that your government does this also?

Not only do you guys hold suspected terrorist without a trial (or you certainly have been known to) but you guys don't even have to charge them with a crime for the first 28 days that they are being held.