Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-22-2009, 06:41 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Default Just a thought!

If we can trust Military tribunals to give some terrorist a fair Trial why do we need to give that khalid sheikh mohamed I think his name is a civilian trial?
Old 11-22-2009, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
If we can trust Military tribunals to give some terrorist a fair Trial why do we need to give that khalid sheikh mohamed I think his name is a civilian trial?
Because, according to Liberals, if you attack and kill American soldiers, then you get a military tribunal; but if you attack and kill American civilians, then you are entitled to all the rights and privileges of an American citizen.

Anybody else wonder why I consider Liberals to be the stupidest people in the world?
Old 11-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Because, according to Liberals, if you attack and kill American soldiers, then you get a military tribunal; but if you attack and kill American civilians, then you are entitled to all the rights and privileges of an American citizen.

Anybody else wonder why I consider Liberals to be the stupidest people in the world?
Thats because the Military is the Military, and the Citizenry is the Citizenry.

You shouldnt be trialing one by the other I dont think. The Military Hearings are, after all, Disciplinaries of an Employer...I bet they are even subject to Employment Law....Why would you trial someone who isnt in the Military by a Military Disciplinary??? that doesnt make much sense does it?

mindue...I'm not sure they have rights if they are already convicted...and if they arent convicted, you have to prove the guilty to get a conviction.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:

See I can "almost" understand this..

Speaking of

With the exception of the Pentagon ( the White House wasn't attacked.. but seems HIGHLY likely).. The targets from Sept 11 were not military..

Now if the people that are to be put on trial were survivors of the plane that hit the Pentagon.. then I would be all for a military trail...

But as it stands.. I do think that any trail should be a civillian trail. But I do have a problem with giving these goofballs a national medium to spread there ideals. Maybe a DA with a quick objection to get the guy shut up.. or maybe a "white noise" generator to be played when ever they go off on a tangent..

I like the idea of a military trial due to the swiftness and "non-public" format..

I like a civilian trial because the vast majority of people killed were not military and to be honest.. I am kinda wondering what they will say.

But that is where I am different than many...when some worthless piece of trash wants to expound their hate and rage, I want to hear what they have to say..

Like the cro-mag KKK losers.. or the homophobes... or even the anti tax idiots...When one of those people start "going off", I will stand and listen....if only for the reason to know your enemy.. it's easier to defeat them if you can grasp their way of thinking.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
if only for the reason to know your enemy.. it's easier to defeat them if you can grasp their way of thinking.
I've said that before....but its far easier for those with their own preconceived ideals to keep them. its got a lot to do with desensatization. Alot of people dont want to in any way make the enemy a human, it makes them harder to kill for a lot of people
Old 11-28-2009, 01:09 AM
que

Quote:

because you're a conservative?
Old 11-28-2009, 07:56 AM
atomdanger

Quote:

If you're not a US citizen why on earth do you get the same rights as one?
I don't get it.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
If you're not a US citizen why on earth do you get the same rights as one?
I don't get it.
Some interesting arguments about this are here.

http://www.createdebate.com/debate/s...rican_citizens
Old 11-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
because you're a conservative?
Old 11-28-2009, 12:47 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I hope that they don't have to expose any Military secrets in the Trial! The Military Tribunal has different rules and I can't remember us giving our enemy access to Civilian courts before! Also Civilian Lawyers when defending Trash will sometimes turn the trial into a big circus! So I think use a Military Tribunal to determine Guilt or innocence then pump them dry of any useful info they may have. Then you can hang them!