Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 02-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Default BLOG: Matt Veach

From Matt's blog:

Quote:

Well, last Saturday was a great day for the gym. We went 4-0 with the pros and 2-2 with the amateurs. As most of you know. I was down in Florida with Matt Veach as he had his first fight in the UFC. Had a great time down there and it was a great fight as well. A little controversy with how it ended, as Veach got knocked down earlier and the ref didn't stop it (which was obviously the right call, since he came back and won the fight), then Veach knocked down his opponent, threw several punches and it got stopped. If you go back and watch the fight, there is a big difference in how those two acted when they hit the ground. When Veach got knocked down, he never stopped moving. I think that was the big key to his success. When Veach's opponent got knocked down, he didn't move and continued to get hit. So, lesson learned. The other guys fought all over, so congratulations to Matt Veach, Kyle Watson, Amir Khillah, Mike Hahn, TJ Thomas and Neil Magny for their wins this weekend.

I usually don't do this, but I will this time. When I talk about a topic one week, it usually doesn't get brought up again. I think a lot of people need to go back and reread last week's blog, including GSP. At no point did I accuse Georges of putting grease on himself. All I said was that he felt slick. I've wrestled over a thousand matches, fought 50 opponents, all I've ever done in life is wrestle and compete with other people. With all that experience, do you think I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between sweat and something else? Last week when I got to Florida, I was in the elevator with Robbie, I said "Robbie did you hear about GSP?" He said, "No, I don't know what you're talking about." I then said that BJ accused him of being slippery, Robbie looked right up at me and said, "That's what you said after Sacramento." Also, I've had several people close to me around my town who have come up to me and said the same thing. I've nothing against GSP, I even think he's somewhat a likable guy. Some people are trying to say that I'm making this personal and that's just not true at all. The reason I didn't bring this up before was because I didn't know there was anything to him being slick. With all the other guys coming out and saying the same thing, I just wanted to be true to myself, and to everybody else, and say that there could be some validity there. -matt
Old 02-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Preach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
From Matt's blog:

Congrats Hit Squad And as for GSP I hope he reads this you are greasy worm.. Stay off the grease and HGH
Old 02-10-2009, 07:26 PM
rearnakedchoke

I agree with the Veach fight . he was always moving and defending .. reminded me of the Marcus Davis fight when he was clocked by paul taylor .. he was hurt, but still moving and came back to get the armbar ... could fight ... and good stoppage
Old 02-10-2009, 07:30 PM
sasquatch

Thumbs up

Cool blog.

Thanks for the extra details.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:33 PM

Awesome for the HIT SQUAD!!!!!! What's the team record up to now?

As far as GSP goes. I don't think you need to defend your comments, Matt. There are plenty of "experts" (turd burglars) who haven't fought him 3 times who are throwing in their two cents. Plus you even said you didn't think it probably hadn't affected any of the outcomes.

Take care!

[
Old 02-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya

What a great first year for the HITSquad!!!!!!!!
Congrats to Veach for doing an awesome job.....and taking the fight on such short notice........and coming out Victorious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats HITSquad
Congrats Veach
Congrats Team Hughes
Old 02-10-2009, 08:03 PM

Matt Veach's fight was exciting to watch. I have to admit, for a few seconds, I thought maybe, he was done, but alas, he came back and won. What heart (not to mention his hard chin and head )!

When he was on the ground, he actually reminded me of you Matt, I believe during your 2nd Trigg fight. If he's going to be anything like you (or as close as he can get), I can't wait to see his future fights!

Congratulations HIT Squad!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:33 PM
billythekid2000

I wonder who the people are, Matt is referring to here:

"Also, I’ve had several people close to me around my town who have come up to me and said the same thing."

People who have fought GSP or just shook his greasy hand or what?
Old 02-10-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythekid2000
I wonder who the people are, Matt is referring to here:

"Also, Iíve had several people close to me around my town who have come up to me and said the same thing."

People who have fought GSP or just shook his greasy hand or what?
I think Matt meant people close to him who remember him saying that after his fight with GSP (like Robbie remembered him saying).
Old 02-10-2009, 08:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjV5wcH1pQY

They have footage of the "harmless act" that is blatant, if you ask me. he covers him from neck to shoulder and then rubs his back. You can't say that this would=n't have affected BJ's rubberguard!

[