Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 11-19-2009, 12:38 PM
GnP

Default TUF 10.10 ****SPOILERS******

Okay fight. Rashad seemed to favour Madsen he seemed kinda bummed when he lost. Schaub got away with way too many fence grabs but he had too much power and Cardio for Madsen who needs more than just wrestling and quick.

Think Mcsweeney makes a great cornerman, thought it last week and again this week. Think it comes down to one of Mcsweeney, Nelson or Big Baby
Old 11-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP View Post
Okay fight. Rashad seemed to favour Madsen he seemed kinda bummed when he lost.
Schaub fights out of Greg Jackson's camp so I dont see why Rashad would not want him to win.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:52 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Schaub fights out of Greg Jackson's camp so I dont see why Rashad would not want him to win.
Yeah i see your point maybe it is the diting but he seemed to do much more coaching with him and after the fight made a rea point of the fence grabing and just seemed bummed.

I amy be way off base was just my observation
Old 11-19-2009, 06:59 PM
atomdanger

What was with the fence grabbing???

He stopped 2 TD's with fence grabs,
and used it to control position at least 3 times I saw.
That is 5 fence grabs that changed the course of the fight,
I have no clue why points were not taken
Old 11-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Maldonado136

ive said it before and ill say it again...it will be roy vs schaub for the finals! i bet 10 bucks on that happening lol.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:29 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Just watched the episode & it's pissing me off. Brendan should have penalized for grabbing the fence so many times. At least 2 TDs in the 2nd were only "stuffed" because Brendan pulled himself back up with the fence. So pissed about that.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:13 AM
County Mike

If you're not cheatin',
you're not tryin'.

Besides, most of his fence "grabs" were really just pushes. He used his hands to push against the cage. That's not against the rules. It sounded like the ref was warning him NOT to grab it, and most of the time he didn't.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:02 PM
billwilliams70

Nahhh.....there were a couple of good camera shots showing fingers through the cage, he certainly should have had a point deducted for that, however, the fight didn't go to the cards. It wasn't fingers through the cage that knocked Madsen out. It was a powerful fist to the face.

Madsen wasn't really doing much on the ground as it was. It's not like the two TDs that were stuffed because of the cage grab really stopped a ground and pound onslaught.

Later.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:07 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
Nahhh.....there were a couple of good camera shots showing fingers through the cage, he certainly should have had a point deducted for that, however, the fight didn't go to the cards. It wasn't fingers through the cage that knocked Madsen out. It was a powerful fist to the face.

Madsen wasn't really doing much on the ground as it was. It's not like the two TDs that were stuffed because of the cage grab really stopped a ground and pound onslaught.

Later.
Yeah but when you're using fence grabs to stop TD's you might have never gotten the KO.

He might not have been doing a lot when he was on top,
but he certainly would have scored those TD's and been on top,
not getting KOed.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:59 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Yeah but when you're using fence grabs to stop TD's you might have never gotten the KO.

He might not have been doing a lot when he was on top,
but he certainly would have scored those TD's and been on top,
not getting KOed.
But because Madsen wasn't doing a lot on top, the ref would have inevitably stood them up again......KOs are generally a result of good timing. The puncher sees an opening and takes it.......just like what happened with Madsen.

I'm not saying that Schaub didn't grab the fence.....I just think that Madsen's game is very one dimensional. He didn't do anything that he said he would in the pre-fight interviews......didn't really throw many punches for that matter.

Later.