Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Unhappy cant get it to stopp bleeding

its my own fault...but my busbi has been acting up and today I went to push the connector into the hole, and the hole that it goes into fell back inside the machine casing.

I had to try and deconstruct the busbi which has three screws...I have no screwdriver, and the screws are less the 3 mm in diameter...used a knife, knife sliped, cut myself...badly cut myself...cant get it to stop.

its a cut possibly about a cm long in the bottom of my right first finger from nail down to first joint. first I tried to apply presure through some tissues, that didnt work, blood just seeped through, then I tried to stem it with a cotton buddy, but the just got engulfed in the cut. 15 mins past, It was still bleeding so I ran it underwater, and its slowed enough to put a plaster on, but its the only plaster I got.

I might add Mother happened to ring right when I was trying to clean myself up, im typing with one finger on my right hand still suprisingly fast actually. Soooo I'm going over to see her and she will have more plasters. I've got a high painthreshold indeed, but I did make a when my finger split down that kitchen knife...that hurt...and it hurt when I put it under the cold running water aswell...but it doesnt really hurt so much now....the plaster seems to be holding soooo perhaps its stopped bleeding now, but I think the moment that plaster comes off it'll begin again.

soooooo forget my bloody video blog and my UFN recap video...which are done but trapped on the machine...I'm sick of them...they are good...but they are amateur and they are crap and they are pissing me off. soooooo I shall look to get a better type....because its not worth the 30pounds every bloody quarter with how they are badly made

I'm feeling sad now
Old 02-09-2009, 02:05 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Dave, you gotta be careful bro!

Cuts suck.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Stump Rules!

You should always have a box of band aids at home Dave.And if it's really that bad you may need stitches

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Administrator

It might also be a good idea to invest in a set of jeweler's screwdrivers. I know here in the US you can get a decent set for about $10.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:24 PM
matthughesfan21

dave if its still bleeding, apply some pressure, and elevate your arm to slow the volume of blood getting to the finger, if it still doesn't work, use pressure points, basically just apply pressure to in this case the brachial artery, and then finally wrap a pressure bandage around it if you have one
Old 02-09-2009, 05:01 PM
County Mike

A tourniquet around the neck will eventually stop the bleeding.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike

Well people, its big and its deep, it probably should need stiches, but its in sooo the wrong place, so we got it to stop bleeding and then encased it in proper bandages my Mother had

Then...she said she would buy me a newer and better Busbi...this one has a zoom and works inside aswell as out...it was going to be my Birthday present...but...well, we're almost at my Birthday so she gave it to me today...havent used it yet though...BUT it does take cards....sooo as soon as its properly charged...I can download the videos from the old busbi using it and upload my blog and UFN recap video tonight. It also takes still photos...which my other one didnt...soooo thats fantastic!! this will come in handy when I go to the U.S...also it doesnt use batteries...it has to be charged...soo I dont need to mess around with that...finally it comes with a three year guarentee!!!!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Blmfighter

I hope you can keep your finger! j/k I hope it doesn't keep bleeding. What is a Busbi?
Old 02-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Just ask the guy from INXS.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

Well people, its big and its deep, it probably should need stiches, but its in sooo the wrong place, so we got it to stop bleeding and then encased it in proper bandages my Mother had

Then...she said she would buy me a newer and better Busbi...this one has a zoom and works inside aswell as out...it was going to be my Birthday present...but...well, we're almost at my Birthday so she gave it to me today...havent used it yet though...BUT it does take cards....sooo as soon as its properly charged...I can download the videos from the old busbi using it and upload my blog and UFN recap video tonight. It also takes still photos...which my other one didnt...soooo thats fantastic!! this will come in handy when I go to the U.S...also it doesnt use batteries...it has to be charged...soo I dont need to mess around with that...finally it comes with a three year guarentee!!!!
That's really great, Dave! You started out with a busted Busbi and a bad cut and now look at ya--you get to keep your finger and you got a newer, better Busbi.