Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 01-25-2009, 04:00 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Jens has seen Faber at his best, the same can not be said in reverse
Jens isn't going to be at his best, he's older, he's not in his prime. but you're his fanatic so you'll say anything
Old 01-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Jason 16

Ill sig bet this (just because I havent done one in a while) JENS all the way (not realy Iam just bored and would like to see jens win wont happen though)
Old 01-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Jens isn't going to be at his best, he's older, he's not in his prime. but you're his fanatic so you'll say anything
Jens usually performs best when he's under a certain ammount of stress..when things arent going to well...when he has demons to fight. He works best in a situation thats hopeless...in a situation thats against statistical probability...When people say he definiately cant...thats when he's most likely to do...when people assume that he will do well...and he's carefree..when there is little riding on it...he seems to perform less well.

I think his perfomance is enhanced by stress and a doubting crowd.

Look at his predicament. He's lost two in a row, he's already lost to the person he's going to fight, people perceive him as being old, he's just suffered a bereavement, he's just had a child, and he's been training across Christmas.

All the makings of a probability nightmare for his chances of success. Thats why he will probably thrive. What I think you dont understand Andreas, and what a lot of people probably dont understand is that I could watch Jens Pulver fight and lose for the rest of his career, and it wouldnt change one ounce of loyalty or love that I have for him. I only want him to win because I think he deserves to win, I think he has the skills to win...and I want him to be happy, I want the best blessings GOD can possibly bestow...those usually come with a win

I will be sad and upset if he fails, because he will be sad and upset, and he will feel bad and he will feel stupid, and people like you will be mean, and write mean things about him, and pick on people like me who support him, calling us noobs, dillusional, fanatics. He doesnt represent me, so if he fails, I dont get angry because he's not fighting for me, or on my behalf...neither is he any kinda standard bearer for me. He cant dissapoint me like that.

I might still be critical, I might not aggree with everything he says and everything he does. I possibly wouldnt make the same decisions he does at times. So dont protray me as someone who thinks he is perfect...far, far from it...but I accept his failures and his annoyances as being part of who he is...you cant have the the complete package without the rough aswell as the smooth, the bad aswell as the good, the mistakes aswell as the success.

I never want him to retire...but I also respect his decision. Its up to him to decide when he wants to retire. If he were to lose again...and if as a result, they booted him from WEC...if he still wanted to fight, I would support that. If he were to lose and want to retire, I was be beside myself...but also I would support him...because if he is happy with retirement...then I want him to be happy...I would hope he might ping-pong a bit...so I might see him fight again...but that would be for a future.

If he wins, then I will be pleased for him, I will support him as he makes his journey to fight for the Title..again. If he wins...I might even tell some of those with mannerisms like yourself that THIS is why he shouldnt have retired when you all suggested, this is why he ISNT washed up and old.

I'm a fan. I hope to meet him in person later this year. I speak to him over email every so often. He knows who I am...and I know him, not in detail...but I am not a loon who rants about someone I've never had contact with. I'm not an obsessed stalker who just wants to upset him and harras him. I'm a loyal fan who loves him, I try in my own way to support him...and he has told me he appreciates the effort.

I hope perhaps you can understand
Old 01-25-2009, 10:22 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Jens usually performs best when he's under a certain ammount of stress..when things arent going to well...when he has demons to fight. He works best in a situation thats hopeless...in a situation thats against statistical probability...When people say he definiately cant...thats when he's most likely to do...when people assume that he will do well...and he's carefree..when there is little riding on it...he seems to perform less well.

I think his perfomance is enhanced by stress and a doubting crowd.
I disagree. Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose. (line from a song, lol) He has performed the best when he is at rock bottom and forgets to give a shyte; not necessarily when the odds are stacked against him. (Sometimes those have happened at the same time maybe.)

Quote:
...and I want him to be happy, I want the best blessings GOD can possibly bestow...those usually come with a win
I hope that isn't ever true for me.

Quote:

I might still be critical, I might not aggree with everything he says and everything he does. I possibly wouldnt make the same decisions he does at times. So dont protray me as someone who thinks he is perfect...far, far from it...but I accept his failures and his annoyances as being part of who he is...you cant have the the complete package without the rough aswell as the smooth, the bad aswell as the good, the mistakes aswell as the success.

That is what I have been trying to tell you for years! Thank goodness you finally got it.

Quote:
I'm a fan. I hope to meet him in person later this year. I speak to him over email every so often. He knows who I am...and I know him, not in detail...but I am not a loon who rants about someone I've never had contact with. I'm not an obsessed stalker who just wants to upset him and harras him. I'm a loyal fan who loves him, I try in my own way to support him...and he has told me he appreciates the effort.

I hope perhaps you can understand
Sooo, are you saying that were you a ranting loon before you had contact with him?

Old 01-25-2009, 11:08 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar

1) I disagree. Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose. (line from a song, lol) He has performed the best when he is at rock bottom and forgets to give a shyte; not necessarily when the odds are stacked against him. (Sometimes those have happened at the same time maybe.)

2) I hope that isn't ever true for me.

3) That is what I have been trying to tell you for years! Thank goodness you finally got it.

4) Sooo, are you saying that were you a ranting loon before you had contact with him?

1) I think that Lil Evil and Jens Pulver are two separate things. I think Jens Pulver could be considered like a Host, a guy who fights, he's not bad, but he's no BJ Penn...what you saw Verses Urijah Faber...that was 90% Jens Pulver.

Now Lil Evil is something different. Almost an internal persona, I dont think Jens Pulver has much control over Lil Evil...I think you saw Lil Evil last right after the end of Cub Swanson...THAT was Lil Evil, because the speech was directed as much to himself, as Cub Swanson. I think Lil Evil was created out of trauma...and I think the longer Jens Pulver lives the more he resolves his inner conflict...that inner conflict is the life blood of Lil Evil. One day, Jens Pulver may well lose the will to fight...in the aggressive manner of his past. I think Jens likes fighting aswell...but Lil Evil is...something different, whose growth isnt just dependant on fighting an opponent...if Jens Pulver ever finds true inner peace, it will spell a possible permanent death for Lil Evil.

I just didnt want to psycho-analyse quite so much hahahahaha

2) I care about you deeply aswell Denise. You and I have quite a history on here. I hope GOD blesses you aswell...but you dont quite fight in an octagon...so the winning thing doesnt quite apply. IF Pulver would be more blessed by losing...I'd have no problem with him losing...but that usually spells hatred and abandonment by people like Goat, and insitutions.

3) No there is a difference...I still believe he will win. Many, if they are honnest, dont believe. I dont really know where you stand...I dont really know if you just want him to win...or you believe he will...I am both

4) I'm a loon aswell...but dont tell Jens that hahahahahahaahaha I Kid, I Kid...I perfer to call myself idiosyncratic...and ultimately...I'm about as harmless as they come
Old 01-26-2009, 03:40 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
I'd have no problem with him losing...but that usually spells hatred and abandonment by people like Goat, and insitutions.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:11 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
1)

I think that Lil Evil and Jens Pulver are two separate things. I think Jens ) Pulver could be considered like a Host, a guy who fights, he's not bad, but he's no BJ Penn...what you saw Verses Urijah Faber...that was 90% Jens Pulver.

Now Lil Evil is something different. Almost an internal persona, I dont think Jens Pulver has much control over Lil Evil...I think you saw Lil Evil last right after the end of Cub Swanson...THAT was Lil Evil, because the speech was directed as much to himself, as Cub Swanson. I think Lil Evil was created out of trauma...and I think the longer Jens Pulver lives the more he resolves his inner conflict...that inner conflict is the life blood of Lil Evil. One day, Jens Pulver may well lose the will to fight...in the aggressive manner of his past. I think Jens likes fighting aswell...but Lil Evil is...something different, whose growth isnt just dependant on fighting an opponent...if Jens Pulver ever finds true inner peace, it will spell a possible permanent death for Lil Evil.

I just didnt want to psycho-analyse quite so much hahahahaha

2) I care about you deeply aswell Denise. You and I have quite a history on here. I hope GOD blesses you aswell...but you dont quite fight in an octagon...so the winning thing doesnt quite apply. IF Pulver would be more blessed by losing...I'd have no problem with him losing...but that usually spells hatred and abandonment by people like Goat, and insitutions.
1 ) Dave, you do Jens Pulver no favors when you speak of him like this. The above may be appealing to you but isn't to the majority of normal people. And for the record, I disagree with your above analysis of Jens.

2) Maybe it is God's will for him to be abandoned by such things. It may be the best blessing he could hope for. Please don't try to put yourself in a position to judge what is best for Jens.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:40 PM
rearnakedchoke

Man, poor Jens .. but like I said before, MMA is more than fighting ... It is time for Jens to hang up the gloves and just coach ... He says he wants to still fight, but if he were a race horse, they would have euthanized him already ... Jens, hang up the gloves and be put out to stud so you can teach these kids and one day coach a fighter to a championship ...
Old 01-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
Man, poor Jens .. but like I said before, MMA is more than fighting ... It is time for Jens to hang up the gloves and just coach ... He says he wants to still fight, but if he were a race horse, they would have euthanized him already ... Jens, hang up the gloves and be put out to stud so you can teach these kids and one day coach a fighter to a championship ...
He says on his website he doesnt know if he will fight again.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Blade

Quote:
He says on his website he doesnt know if he will fight again.

Good, Pulver's already 2 or 3 years past his sell-by date and starting to enter Ken Shamrock territory.