Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 11-18-2009, 01:25 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Arrrghhh.. Phoenix Suns time... I will be back later to discuss these recent points....
Old 11-18-2009, 02:05 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Hey no fair! You already fixed it! That's extortion
All is fair in love and internet war.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:39 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Arrrghhh.. Phoenix Suns time... I will be back later to discuss these recent points....
I have a really good friend that lives in mesa
Old 11-18-2009, 04:48 AM
logrus

Quote:
On your first point, I am confused...are you saying you think Floyd would have looked worse against Marquez had he fought him right after the Hatton fight? Because if so, I agree. That was part of my point that maybe he needed the time off to recover.

On your second point, I agree completley. I think if Manny and Juan fought again it would be a close fight. Some people just give other people problems, and I said that.

On the third point I agree again. Oscar's age was his worst enemy. I was not trying to compare how Oscar performed against Manny to how Manny would perform against Floyd. I was actually trying to combat that same type of mentality against those who have tried to use Manny's performances to discredit Floyd.
I think he would have looked bad right after Hatton and if his comeback fight wasn't delayed, something tells me Floyd needed a bit more time.

Missed ti when you said it or probably over read it, look we agree cheer up =P

To be honest I think Oscar was pretty much done prior to both his encounters with Manny and Floyd. He was definitely showing signs of wear and tear in his previous fights even though he didnt fight much anymore.

Floyd said Oscar was tough cause he threw so much, and he said Hatton was tough because he kept on coming. In that sense were pretty much talking about Manny and his style.

Floyd should be worried
Old 11-18-2009, 05:54 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Floyd should be worried
I am with you on the Oscar talk completely, but as to IF Floyd needs to be worried...

Okay, well, we'll see.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:55 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
I have a really good friend that lives in mesa
Don't send him to beat me up. That would really mess up my schedule,

Last edited by J.B.; 11-18-2009 at 06:00 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Simple Manny, he kills me!

http://fighthype.com/pages/content6269.html

Quote:
MANNY PACQUIAO: "FOR THE RECORD, YEAH!"
By Ben Thompson | November 18, 2009

Los Angeles TV station KTLA was on hand yesterday at Manny Pacquiao's official victory party at The Highlands in Hollywood, California. With the boxing world buzzing about a potential showdown with Floyd Mayweather Jr., Pacquiao was asked whether or not he wanted to face the undefeated multi-division champion in his next bout. His reply was simple, "For the record, yeah!"

Mayweather recently questioned whether or not the Filipino icon truly wanted to face him, despite the fact that both his promoter Bob Arum and his trainer Freddie Roach have repeatedly stated that Team Pacquiao is open to negotiations. "Tell Manny Pacquiao to be his own man stop letting everyone, including his loud-mouth trainer, talk for him. If Manny Pacquiao wants to fight me, all he has to do is step up to the plate and say it himself," stated Mayweather.

Well Floyd, there you go! Manny Pacquiao has, for the record, stepped up to the plate. Now, before any of you get too excited and start thinking this means the two sides will rush into negotiations, keep in mind that we'll have to wait for Floyd's response to this latest development. I get the feeling it will sound something like, "Like I said before, he didn't say my name! He didn't say my name! If he wants to get his ass tore up by Floyd Mayweather, tell him to say, 'I want to fight Floyd Mayweather.' Tell him to say my name. I want to hear my name come out of his mouth!"

With the juvenile back-and-forth that Floyd has already begun in the media, it's a wonder if negotiations will ever get off the ground.
Floyd sure is pissy about this. I think it's funny, it's almost like Manny is playing head games with Floyd, but Manny's just being Manny.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:38 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Simple Manny, he kills me!

http://fighthype.com/pages/content6269.html

Floyd sure is pissy about this. I think it's funny, it's almost like Manny is playing head games with Floyd, but Manny's just being Manny.
I don't think he really seems any more "pissy" than usual. Just sounds like typical back and fourth hype to me.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:42 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
I don't think he really seems any more "pissy" than usual. Just sounds like typical back and fourth hype to me.
Yeah, but it sounds like he's being a whiny baby, "Why won't he just say my name, wuhuhuhu!!!!!"
Old 11-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Yeah, but it sounds like he's being a whiny baby, "Why won't he just say my name, wuhuhuhu!!!!!"
OK, you realize that Floyd didn't actually say that, right? The article says:

Quote:
I get the feeling it will sound something like, "Like I said before, he didn't say my name! He didn't say my name! If he wants to get his ass tore up by Floyd Mayweather, tell him to say, 'I want to fight Floyd Mayweather.' Tell him to say my name. I want to hear my name come out of his mouth!"
Floyd hasn't responded to this yet.