Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-16-2009, 07:49 PM
atomdanger

Default Dana White: "There's A Possibility Lesnar Will Never Fight Again"

Quote:
http://www.cagepotato.com/dana-white...er-fight-again

The Brock Lesnar illness saga seems to get more severe every time Dana White discusses it. This weekend the UFC president categorized it as "very serious," but not life-threatening. According to new quotes from DW on TMZ.com today, it's serious enough that Lesnar's career could possibly be in jeopardy. White apparently told TMZ that Lesnar has been hospitalized ever since he collapsed during what was supposed to be a relaxing trip to Canada last week, and he may now need "major surgery" to deal with an intestinal disorder. Again White ruled out cancer and HIV while saying that he couldn't get specific about the problem, but any time you're so sick that people will only say what diseases you don't have, it's not encouraging. As far as his future in the Octagon, White said, "There's a possibility Lesnar will never fight again."
WTF could this guy have?
Old 11-16-2009, 08:02 PM
County Mike

Diverticulitis ?

Crohns disease?
Old 11-16-2009, 08:05 PM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Diverticulitis ?

Crohns disease?
yeah
Old 11-16-2009, 08:08 PM
wavetar

I had been thinking possibly Adrenal Fatigue when I initially heard he'd collapsed & had something beyond mono. But, with the indications of an intestinal disorder, it sounds more like long-term undiagnosed Celiac's Disease, maybe? Anyone here a doctor, perchance?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
yeah
what kinda post is that could you get any less specific lol
Old 11-17-2009, 12:40 AM
Krupp

I'm thinking it sounds like Chron's. That'd be terrible. My cousin has that. I wouldn't wish that crap on anyone.

It messes with your intestines. I can't remember the exact science of it, but Jacksonville Jaguar's David Garrard had to get like a ridiculous amount of feet cut out of his intestines becaues of Chron's. He's lucky to still be playing..

I'll be praying for Lesnar that he pulls through whatever this is.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:51 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16 View Post
what kinda post is that could you get any less specific lol
there is nothing to be specific about, i was saying i agree with him
Old 11-17-2009, 05:38 PM
lc87

Doesn't mcfedries have chrones? I know he has somesort of illness
Old 11-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Jessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp View Post
I'm thinking it sounds like Chron's. That'd be terrible. My cousin has that. I wouldn't wish that crap on anyone.

It messes with your intestines. I can't remember the exact science of it, but Jacksonville Jaguar's David Garrard had to get like a ridiculous amount of feet cut out of his intestines becaues of Chron's. He's lucky to still be playing..

I'll be praying for Lesnar that he pulls through whatever this is.

I agree! I would never even wish it upon my own worst enemy! I have Crohn's Disease and it is not at all pleasant. I was diagnosed after I couldn't breath correctly one night. Matter of fact, I collapsed on the floor waving my hand to my husband. It was so strange...I mean my stomach was so swollen and I just couldn't get a deep enough breath in.

Anyway, my Crohn's progressed so much I had to have a resection surgery within a year. They removed about 10-12 inch of my small intestine and about 4 inches of my large. And things don't just stop there....Crohn's can cause a world of problems with almost every part of your body. I am only 28 and I have insulin dependant diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, problems with my eyes, and pretty much no immune system whatsoever! It really is a pain in the ass!!
Old 11-18-2009, 07:00 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessi View Post
I agree! I would never even wish it upon my own worst enemy! I have Crohn's Disease and it is not at all pleasant. I was diagnosed after I couldn't breath correctly one night. Matter of fact, I collapsed on the floor waving my hand to my husband. It was so strange...I mean my stomach was so swollen and I just couldn't get a deep enough breath in.

Anyway, my Crohn's progressed so much I had to have a resection surgery within a year. They removed about 10-12 inch of my small intestine and about 4 inches of my large. And things don't just stop there....Crohn's can cause a world of problems with almost every part of your body. I am only 28 and I have insulin dependant diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, problems with my eyes, and pretty much no immune system whatsoever! It really is a pain in the ass!!
That sucks. Sorry to hear that and hope things get better for you.