Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

View Poll Results: who wins?
Ortiz 21 48.84%
Griffin 22 51.16%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Josh

I picked Tito but I am not sure. Forrest is a better striker, has a reach advantage and at this point may be a better wrestler. Tito doesn't have the power to KO Forrest most likely but for some reason I think he might win. He did get owned by Machida but he was close with the triangle. I could see him doing something surprising.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:52 PM
kevint13

I have Tito winning. If he is as healthy as he proclaims, he should have no problem winning this fight.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce13 View Post
I have Tito winning. If he is as healthy as he proclaims, he should have no problem winning this fight.

He is nailing Jenna Jameson , how healthy can he really be.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:02 AM
kevint13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
He is nailing Jenna Jameson , how healthy can he really be.
Good point Mac
Old 11-17-2009, 12:16 AM
donaldbreland

Tito beat Rashad but lost a point so it was a draw. Tito did't get owned by Machida. Besides shogun he has looked the best against him. Also Tito will not take a dive to make A.Silva look good. I think Tito could beat Silva and make him look bad.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Krupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
Tito beat Rashad but lost a point so it was a draw. Tito did't get owned by Machida. Besides shogun he has looked the best against him. Also Tito will not take a dive to make A.Silva look good. I think Tito could beat Silva and make him look bad.
I wouldn't go around saying that Forrest took a dive against Silva unless you had some evidence to back it up first.

Look, I'm not saying Tito can't fight anymore, but let's think about it this way; who's evolved more over the last year or so? The answer to taht would be Griffin unquestionably. Tito might have an underrated ground game (I won't deny that I was rooting for him when he slapped that triangle on Machida) but I've also heard that Forrest is quite underrated on the ground as well. Tito will have the edge in wrestling; that much is true, and anyone would be stupid to say otherwise.

Now, striking? Tito, from what we've all seen, lacks KO power. Forrest does as well, but makes up for it in the technical aspect, especially (Barring the Silva fight) in his last few fights. He picked Rashad apart before getting KO'd there - I doubt Tito would do the same thing to Rashad. In fact, I think Rashad would beat Tito in a rematch easy...but that's going off topic of what I'm trying to do here.

Anyway..I think the overall summary here can be put this way: Tito is still a great wrestler and ground and pound fighter. He's a great overall ground fighter, if you wanna accept that his jiu jitsu is underrated. But Forrest has been improving in every aspect of the game. If Tito can take Forrest down, and I'll go ahead and assume that he will once or twice, I don't see Tito beating him up like he did the first time. I'm thinking Forrest will negate all of that. I think when this fight is standing, Tito will have some issues. He may land a good strike here or there, but Forrest is going to have it in a bag here.

In other words, I'm thinking Tito's only hope is a lay and pray decision here. Forrest can win this by (T)KO, although I'll admit I don't see that happening, or by decision simply by standing and picking Tito apart the entire fight.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:29 AM
Hughes fanboy

I have Tito on this one, by dec.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 11-17-2009, 01:53 AM
Jason 16

Hasn't Tito been traing with Freddy roach for the last year
Old 11-17-2009, 02:03 AM
hizo64

Forrest all the way, Tito has never impressed me.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:11 AM
Stump Rules!

Maybe not this time Mac. UFC 59 was in Tito's backyard. They will be fighting in Vegas this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Juat like the first fight . Forrest will win , But they will give the decision to tito.

http://stumpdotcom.com/