Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
Krohns
I hope not. Thats a vile disease if ever there is one. maybe we'll be lucky and it'll turn out to be that he's become allergic to something like dairy or wheat or something.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
can I ask the people who decided to state that they didnt like Brock, then chose to wish him well, why they felt they needed to point out the fact that they dont like him first? Are you afraid that people will think you are a fan of his or was there some other reason

I do wish him well and I hope he returns to the form he was in before he got sick.
I was wondering the same thing...post after post of people saying they didn't like him but wished him well. I had no clue why people felt the need to first state they didn't like someone.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
can I ask the people who decided to state that they didnt like Brock, then chose to wish him well, why they felt they needed to point out the fact that they dont like him first? Are you afraid that people will think you are a fan of his or was there some other reason

I do wish him well and I hope he returns to the form he was in before he got sick.
It's not that I would think someone would assume I'm a fan as much as I think they would assume I'm a hypocrite or lacking sincerity.

I don't like Brock at all. Most of the regulars on here know that. If I just posted "Hope he feels better" and knowing I dislike him, I think some people would doubt the sincerity of my post or think I'm trying to stir up some crap.

That's why I said it anyway..... as for the rest of them....

They just did it to be cool like me
Old 11-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Silverback

I wonder if the people that said they don't like him really mean the do not like his actions, I do not care for the way he repersent's the UFC or Jack Link's, he need's to think of the fan's first, we already know he's a Bad A-- prove it in the ring, after the fight remember how to be a good sport. ( win or lose)

Last edited by Silverback; 11-16-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
It's not that I would think someone would assume I'm a fan as much as I think they would assume I'm a hypocrite or lacking sincerity.

I don't like Brock at all. Most of the regulars on here know that. If I just posted "Hope he feels better" and knowing I dislike him, I think some people would doubt the sincerity of my post or think I'm trying to stir up some crap.

That's why I said it anyway..... as for the rest of them....

They just did it to be cool like me
Yup.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:59 PM

As someone who has been seriously ill, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
It's kind of like Ted Kennedy. I couldn't stand the guy but was I happy he got brain cancer? Of course not, and my heart went out to him and his family, I did pray for him.

I don't think that's inconsistent; one can dislike a personality or someone's actions and still not wish ill health or misfortune on them. I guess like Chuck said, I didn't want to appear insincere or hypocritical either (since I've posted here that I don't care for Brock), so I jumped on the bandwagon.

You're in my prayers, Brock, and I'm wishing you a speedy recovery.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:39 PM
hizo64

I think he needs a pint of Fedor's blood, a transfusion like that cures all diseases and ailments involved with fighting. All joking aside, I hope the guy gets well.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:45 PM
kevint13

WCCO in Minneapolis is reporting that Brock has diverticulitis.

http://wcco.com/local/brock.lesnar.ill.2.1316457.html

Quote:
UFC President: Lesnar Has Intestinal Disorder
(WCCO)
The former University of Minnesota wrestling champion, and pro-wrestler, is hospitalized with a mystery illness.

He made his reputation as a big, bad, unstoppable athlete but Ultimate Fighting Champion Brock Lesnar is very sick.

The former University of Minnesota wrestling champion, and pro-wrestler, is hospitalized with a mystery illness.

Ultimate Fighting President Dana White said Lesnar has an intestinal disorder that requires major surgery, possibly at the Mayo Clinic.

A source told WCCO that Lesnar has a severe case of diverticulitis, a disease where small pouches form in the digestive system.

Lesnar announced in October he was withdrawing from his upcoming title defense match due to an unspecified illness. That match, originally scheduled for Nov. 21, was pushed back to January.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:37 AM
County Mike

Quote:
A source told WCCO that Lesnar has a severe case of diverticulitis, a disease where small pouches form in the digestive system.
If that's true, I called it.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:01 AM

Whew, that's what I had two years ago. It's really tough but he is in great health otherwise and he should come through in flying colors. This probably does knock him out of MMA for at least a year.