Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
i doubt it's his body that needs healing. collapsing is almost always caused by stress or some kind of chemical imbalance in the brain, or a disorder in the brain. it's his mind and mental state that needs healing the most

i don't like the guy, at all. but this makes me feel sorry for him. collapsing is some serious ****. whatever his problem is, i hope it gets better.
That's not necessarily true. The most common cause of syncope (passing out/collapsing) is vasovagal syncope. It accounts for up to 80% of those episodes. It happens when most of your blood volume pools in the legs instead of being pumped back up to your heart. It's very common after being in bed too long resting during illness, being on long flights, taking certain medications, fighting viral illnesses, etc. Probably he has been laying around, resting a lot more than what his body is used to and his body just wasn't ready for him to do so much. So he "vagaled" and passed out. You ever stand up too fast and feel light-headed? That's what you did. Ever see soldiers pass out standing at attention? Or a groom at the altar? That's what happened.

Now it's just speculation that this is what happened to Brock. He could very easily have been seriously dehydrated after being sick and then traveling. With his muscle mass, he will have to stay well hydrated to feel normal. Whatever it is, I know he's worried and his family is worried. Hopefully they'll tell us all nosey people out here.

~Amy
Old 11-16-2009, 12:02 PM
County Mike

There are lots of things that could cause you to pass out. I pass out every time I get aroused, from the loss of blood.

Seriously though, hope he gets better soon. I enjoy watching him fight.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Josh

Man poor guy I hope he gets well soon. If you are on complete bed rest for one week you lose half your muscle mass. I wonder how long it will take him to get back to fighting condition.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:55 PM
billwilliams70

I wish him the best and hope that he gets well soon.

Later.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Can't stand him as a fighter.. but I don't wish him ill..

I saw a bumper sticker one time that read...

"I hated to see Dale Earnheardt race, but would give a lot to see him race again."
Old 11-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Max

can I ask the people who decided to state that they didnt like Brock, then chose to wish him well, why they felt they needed to point out the fact that they dont like him first? Are you afraid that people will think you are a fan of his or was there some other reason

I do wish him well and I hope he returns to the form he was in before he got sick.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:34 PM
kevint13

Not that I am a doctor or anything, but I wonder if he has something like spinal meningitis. That could easily have happened in his case and is treated by antibiotics which is what they say he is on in the hospital.

In any case, I am a fan and hope he gets better soon!
Old 11-16-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I can't stand the guy personally but I certainly wish no harm to him..

I'll certainly be praying for him!
Yes, same here.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:13 PM

I hope he gets better.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:33 PM
rearnakedchoke

Krohns