Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-16-2009, 08:33 AM
wpnsman2000

Default A bow?

Why are we complaining about the President bowing, I can think of a lot of other issues to complain about that matter involving him....

Needless to say, he is the "President" atleast until 2012!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Of course Obama bowed, he's a wuss. Honestly, I'd say he was just respecting the culture. I've bitched about how he's acted to the Saudis and when he met Hugo Chavez, but the Japs haven't really done anything against us, so as far as I'm concerned, he should respect the culture. As for Chavez, he should have kicked the guy in the balls and shot him in the head, for the Saudis the same as they may not completely be our enemy, they way they treat their own people and women is a crime in itself.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpnsman2000 View Post
Why are we complaining about the President bowing, I can think of a lot of other issues to complain about that matter involving him....

Needless to say, he is the "President" atleast until 2012!!!
If he lives that long.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:03 PM

He should have hi-fived him and then did the hip bop.

[
Old 11-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
In the martial arts world, you normally bow to your seniors and teachers.

In the political world... it's more of a custom.. but the US bows to no one!!

I can understand that "we" are the visiting people... but the head of the United States should not bow to anyone...

I am on the fence on this.. leaning towards ...

WTF was he thinking!!!!!!!

Yet Bush DID toss his cookies that one time!
Its based on the same thing. Its just what you do for an important person. Infact, its coupled with other things also.

For example, you shouldnt get within a certain distance of them unless you are more then aquaintances, and you should not turn your back on them, when leaving, you walk backwards until out of their perceived presence.

Even the Queen does it. When she placed the Wreath at the Cenotaph to remember the War Dead, she walks BACKWARDS until she clears the steps.

I really believe in good ettiquette, it shows that you care and value someone

It was a little different in Saint Paul's because I was always leading the person I was bowing to, from one place to another, therefore I always had to show them my back, because they were walking behind me But when you got up and crossed the centre north/south you would bow and take a few steps back before turning, and when you left whoever you were taking to wherever you were taking them, you would probably do the same. I always would.

Its not strictly speaking a sign of submission any more then a salute, because almost always the gesture has to be, and is returned. So its not about bowing before in the sence of submission, its about mutual respect and recognition.

He was right to bow...just...not quite so deeply
Old 11-16-2009, 08:16 PM
wpnsman2000

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
If he lives that long.

I think that would be extremely bad for us as a nation. Reason being all the other tragedies in the US have brought us together as one for the most part. If something were to happen to Obama and Lord forbid it was done by someone of the Caucasian race then it would divide us as a country more so then we already are and take rioting to a different level...
Old 11-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I think that would be extremely bad for us as a nation. Reason being all the other tragedies in the US have brought us together as one for the most part. If something were to happen to Obama and Lord forbid it was done by someone of the Caucasian race then it would divide us as a country more so then we already are and take rioting to a different level...
Even worse, it would turn him into a martyr for his left-wing, Marxist ideologies and make it even easier for his insane and destructive policies to get passed.

Not to mention we would get Joe Biden as President.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:14 PM
atomdanger

He was probably just tring to be respectful, who cares lol.

We take such weird things and run with them sometimes.
He touched the Queen, he bowed to the Emporer, blah blah blah.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:15 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
You mean we would have an excuse to put these darkies in their place?
I mean.....

haha, that was a JOKE.
I think it would cause a lot of problems in the US as well, racial tension would skyrocket.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:31 PM
rearnakedchoke

maybe he just lost his contact lens...