Old 11-15-2009, 08:59 PM

Default President Obama Bows Down to Emperor of Japan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U6fL...ayer_embedded#

Old 11-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
wowser....he maybe should have Geniflected instead

Geniflection is what the guy on the right does at the end of the performance in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfIDo6Bnjz4

Really, a deep bow looks horrendous, a half bow is fine, but then you should go right for the Geniflection...or...there is always kneeling...or maybe prostration...perhaps I shouldnt put ideas into peoples minds...How is it, Obama would bow to the one nation that bombed his Country...and not to his greatest Allied Forces

Old 11-16-2009, 12:17 AM
mscomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

Geniflection is what the guy on the right does at the end of the performance in this video.

Really, a deep bow looks horrendous, a half bow is fine, but then you should go right for the Geniflection...or...there is always kneeling...or maybe prostration...perhaps I shouldnt put ideas into peoples minds...How is it, Obama would bow to the one nation that bombed his Country...and not to his greatest Allied Forces

----He is just trying to (from the looks of it) respect the culture of the land he is visiting. In japan bowing is a sign of respect. In arab countries, people will often shake hands and than engage in a many small hugs.....and in England...you guys play cricket .....what are getting so bent out of shape for? you want him to bow the queen or something? i doubt that will ever happen.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc View Post
----He is just trying to (from the looks of it) respect the culture of the land he is visiting. In japan bowing is a sign of respect. In arab countries, people will often shake hands and than engage in a many small hugs.....and in England...you guys play cricket .....what are getting so bent out of shape for? you want him to bow the queen or something? i doubt that will ever happen.
Look at the Japanese in the photo...do you see him in anything more then a half bow?

...and in times past, you were either supposed to Kneel or Geneflect before Her Brittanic Majesty

next time he goes to see French President Sarkozy...do we expect to see the peck on each cheek

In my previous job we bowed as a matter of course, be it to the Altar (infact everytime we crossed the centre north/south line) or to whoever we were Virging for, and Geneflection everytime we passed in close proximity to the Reserve Sacrement, in the Hanging Pixx (what was always most funny was the congregational members who would take it upon themselves to Geneflect to the Hanging pixx, just before Communion, they didnt realize that The Sacrement had been removed for distribution )

I regularly do it as a matter of habit, sometimes when I first meet a new person, mostly to cars that halt and let me cross the street. I would have done so for Jens when I met him, but I was already seated... I did nearly fall off my chair in suprise though LOL
Old 11-16-2009, 02:01 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:

I actually enjoyed one of your posted music videos, Dave!

Old 11-16-2009, 02:14 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I actually enjoyed one of your posted music videos, Dave!

then you will love this one...its his best record ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQdCGe0cY0g

Its called "Sometimes I dream" but also includes a chorus which is a famous piece called E LUCEVAN LE STELLE
Old 11-16-2009, 03:15 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

In the martial arts world, you normally bow to your seniors and teachers.

In the political world... it's more of a custom.. but the US bows to no one!!

I can understand that "we" are the visiting people... but the head of the United States should not bow to anyone...

I am on the fence on this.. leaning towards ...

WTF was he thinking!!!!!!!

Yet Bush DID toss his cookies that one time!
Old 11-16-2009, 04:59 AM
que

Quote:
How is it, Obama would bow to the one nation that bombed his Country...and not to his greatest Allied Forces

dude that was almost half a century ago, don't try to tie that into this. that's asinine. lol

anyways, who cares. obama doesn't have proper etiquette when it comes to what he should do/not do around famous people. not a big deal. i can list alot of mistakes bush made too. nobody is perfect. not even you or i. afterall, it's just a gesture. dare i say again... WHO CARES
Old 11-16-2009, 07:22 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
dude that was almost half a century ago, don't try to tie that into this. that's asinine. lol

anyways, who cares. obama doesn't have proper etiquette when it comes to what he should do/not do around famous people. not a big deal. i can list alot of mistakes bush made too. nobody is perfect. not even you or i. afterall, it's just a gesture. dare i say again... WHO CARES
I agree, this is a non-issue
Old 11-16-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
In the martial arts world, you normally bow to your seniors and teachers.

In the political world... it's more of a custom.. but the US bows to no one!!

I can understand that "we" are the visiting people... but the head of the United States should not bow to anyone...

I am on the fence on this.. leaning towards ...

WTF was he thinking!!!!!!!

Yet Bush DID toss his cookies that one time!
Word, word and word!

I love it when they bow to each other in MMA. They are such warriors and anyone who steps in that cage has my respect and admiration.

Yes, even Lesnar.

But only a teensy bit...