Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Yeah...Fine lot of "Champions" they got now. Who are they compared to Matt Hughes? Jens Pulver? Rich Franklin? Chuck Liddell? and Randy Couture?
I think the champs that the UFC has now are great for the sport and the UFC. aside from Brock the champs in the UFC are all ranked #1 in their weight classes (Brock is #2). All the champs are hard workers and none of them are bad for the sport.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:38 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I think the champs that the UFC has now are great for the sport and the UFC. aside from Brock the champs in the UFC are all ranked #1 in their weight classes (Brock is #2). All the champs are hard workers and none of them are bad for the sport.
They are only ranked on half of what makes a "champion" and BJ Penn can never be classed as a good ambasidor for the sport.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:05 AM

Quote:
I think Dan Hardy might just pull it off...how bizzare would that be. I cant wait until GSP is...left lacking...so to speak

Infact...do you know...I actually dont have much love for any of the Belts at all. I hate BJ Penn, He's mean, he doesnt bother putting in effort, and he doesnt deseve what he's got. I dont like GSP, I think he has been known to cheat in matches, he copies what other people say, and the properganda surrounding him makes me spew, then there is Anderson Silva, who was fast tracked, and I was just warming to him when he decides he's bigger then the institution and puts on such a shyte performance for at least two, possibly three in a row, its disgraceful. Then there is Lyoto Machida, who I like, but who should have lost his belt to Rua, and that makes me mad and not want to be loyal to his reign...and finally, the former Professional Wrestler who shouldnt even be in the UFC never mind having a title...and cant defend because he's to sick to fight.

Yeah...Fine lot of "Champions" they got now. Who are they compared to Matt Hughes? Jens Pulver? Rich Franklin? Chuck Liddell? and Randy Couture?

Doesnt matter how much pure tallent they have...they just dont have what it takes to be Champions...and its very sad....what we need is a full night of upsets and to start over with decent people, decent tallent, and an end to those in power right now.
you noticed all they people you classified as great champions are "white" americans and the ones who arnt besides of course Brock are foreign or ethnic.... Not saying anything just thought it was a funny coincidence
Old 11-16-2009, 02:15 AM
hizo64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
you noticed all they people you classified as great champions are "white" americans and the ones who arnt besides of course Brock are foreign or ethnic.... Not saying anything just thought it was a funny coincidence
.......Its getting awkward in here!!
Old 11-16-2009, 02:27 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Whats wrong with white Americans

Its got nothing to do with their skin colour, or where they were born...its to do with their character, and its NOT a cultural thing, we're talking about genuine decency...

BJ Penn has never shown any in his life...Georges Saint Pierre did well in pretense, Lyoto Machida...its not his fault the judges like him best...but it makes me so mad, I just cant support him...and Anderson Silva knows exactly what he's doing...and that in my book makes it worse. Brock Lesnar...again, its really the managements fault, more then his own, but I cant help it, the management have soured the whole deal

As for the people I mentioned...those were just the past Champions I most remember.

I dont care what colour they are, or where they were born, I dont even care if they have the skills...what I care about is Character...and they dont have what is required of them at that level. black or white, american or other, it makes no odds to me.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:27 AM
bradwright

Quote:
I think Dan Hardy might just pull it off...how bizzare would that be. I cant wait until GSP is...left lacking...so to speak

Infact...do you know...I actually dont have much love for any of the Belts at all. I hate BJ Penn, He's mean, he doesnt bother putting in effort, and he doesnt deseve what he's got. I dont like GSP, I think he has been known to cheat in matches, he copies what other people say, and the properganda surrounding him makes me spew, then there is Anderson Silva, who was fast tracked, and I was just warming to him when he decides he's bigger then the institution and puts on such a shyte performance for at least two, possibly three in a row, its disgraceful. Then there is Lyoto Machida, who I like, but who should have lost his belt to Rua, and that makes me mad and not want to be loyal to his reign...and finally, the former Professional Wrestler who shouldnt even be in the UFC never mind having a title...and cant defend because he's to sick to fight.

Doesnt matter how much pure tallent they have...they just dont have what it takes to be Champions...and its very sad....what we need is a full night of upsets and to start over with decent people, decent tallent, and an end to those in power right now.
your Dan Hardy has a better chance of winning the lottery then he has of beating GSP....other then a slight chance to land a lucky punch and win by knock out he has nothing else going for him.
and when you say that the people that now hold the belts dont have what it takes to be champions...well,they have all won their belts in a title match and in sport thats all it ever takes to be a champion.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Whats wrong with white Americans

Its got nothing to do with their skin colour, or where they were born...its to do with their character, and its NOT a cultural thing, we're talking about genuine decency...

BJ Penn has never shown any in his life...Georges Saint Pierre did well in pretense, Lyoto Machida...its not his fault the judges like him best...but it makes me so mad, I just cant support him...and Anderson Silva knows exactly what he's doing...and that in my book makes it worse. Brock Lesnar...again, its really the managements fault, more then his own, but I cant help it, the management have soured the whole deal

As for the people I mentioned...those were just the past Champions I most remember.

I dont care what colour they are, or where they were born, I dont even care if they have the skills...what I care about is Character...and they dont have what is required of them at that level. black or white, american or other, it makes no odds to me.
see these people arnt champions according to "you" and your own ridiculous views and might i mention very biased views on what a champion is..
Old 11-16-2009, 02:32 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
your Dan Hardy has a better chance of winning the lottery then he has of beating GSP....other then a slight chance to land a lucky punch and win by knock out he has nothing else going for him.
and when you say that the people that now hold the belts dont have what it takes to be champions...well,they have all won their belts in a title match and in sport thats all it ever takes to be a champion.
No, it just makes them a title holder.

Lyoto Machida and Anderson Silva could be Champions when they try. Lyoto did really well, he muttered in English and he appeased the crowds by being exciting. BUT he should have lost that defence and he knows it...and he should say so. Anderson Silva did so well after being fasttracked he changed my mind...but as soon as he got bored and his own agenda. he chucked that championarge outta the window. GSP fakes it, and BJ Penn has never had it...and poor Brock Lesnar is still learning the difference between Pro Wrestling personas, and being an MMA champion.

Jens Pulver had it, Matt Hughes Had it, Rich Franklin had it...Chuck Liddell had it some of the time, and Randy Couture had it some of the time
Old 11-16-2009, 02:33 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
see these people arnt champions according to "you" and your own ridiculous views and might i mention very biased views on what a champion is..
I suppose you think some kinda golden belt makes you a Champion

dont make me laugh
Old 11-16-2009, 02:36 AM

Quote:
I suppose you think some kinda golden belt makes you a Champion

dont make me laugh
what do jens pulver and rich franklin have that the others dont have? GSp cheats according to you but chuck the eye poker liddell is a champion.... If you mean life outside fighting then Randy i cheat on my wife and have been married 3 times couture shouldnt be a champion according to you either... like i said... your biased with your views on who a champion is...