Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 11-17-2009, 06:34 PM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I will have to go back and rewatch that fight but if I remember correctly he shot in for a takedown in the first 30 sec of that fight.
i dont think you understand GSP's gameplans during his fights recently and you should look at individual fights and his game plan for them carefully... The worst place a wrestler can be in on there back and thats where GSP put fitch and koscheck..... Serra has shown alot of power in his standup and is to short to have an effective guard against GSP... ditto for BJ having big power and to small to be effective against geaorges from the bottom... Against maia Georges is facing somone with no power on the feet and the best guard in the ufc and is big enough to effectively use it ... If you think Georges would take him down your insulting his intelligence and his ability to game plan for fighters.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 11-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
i dont think you understand GSP's gameplans during his fights recently and you should look at individual fights and his game plan for them carefully... The worst place a wrestler can be in on there back and thats where GSP put fitch and koscheck..... Serra has shown alot of power in his standup and is to short to have an effective guard against GSP... ditto for BJ having big power and to small to be effective against geaorges from the bottom... Against maia Georges is facing somone with no power on the feet and the best guard in the ufc and is big enough to effectively use it ... If you think Georges would take him down your insulting his intelligence and his ability to game plan for fighters.
What about Matt? GSP has proven he has the striking advantage and Matt is not know for his standup at all yet he took him down without even testing the stand up. His game plan in the same for every fight, take the fight to the ground and grind his opponent down. That has been his game plan for 6 fights in a row. He has become a wrestler, a very good wrestler, and he uses that to win his fights now.

I also like that in your last post you said he dominated Fitch standing yet when I said that I recalled him taking Fitch down within 30 sec of the fight starting you changed it to him putting Fitch on his back.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 11-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
What about Matt? GSP has proven he has the striking advantage and Matt is not know for his standup at all yet he took him down without even testing the stand up. His game plan in the same for every fight, take the fight to the ground and grind his opponent down. That has been his game plan for 6 fights in a row. He has become a wrestler, a very good wrestler, and he uses that to win his fights now.

I also like that in your last post you said he dominated Fitch standing yet when I said that I recalled him taking Fitch down within 30 sec of the fight starting you changed it to him putting Fitch on his back.
GSP did dominate Fitch on the stand-up.

When they where standing of course.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 11-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
GSP did dominate Fitch on the stand-up.

When they where standing of course.
i know he dominated him on the standup, BJ made it sound like thats where the whole fight took place and I wanted to point out that GSP had the same game plan in that fight as well. GSP also dominated BJ in the standup in round 3 and 4 but he still opted to take the fight to the ground after throwing a few punches.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 11-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Maldonado136
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I dont think Maia could take GSP down but I'm not sure if GSP would keep it standing. Ever since he got KOed by Serra GSP had not kept any fight standing.
im almost 100% sure gsp would keep it standing against maia. hes not gonna be dumb enough to grapple with maia and he knows that demian has no stand up at all. he has been doing a lot of wrestling lately but they havent been against guys who are really good at jiu jitsu. jake shields is an example of someone who gsp himself said would beat him in pure grappling so he would want to keep it standing.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 11-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Maldonado136
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
I like the sound of GSP getting greased by a MW. Give him to Chael Sonnen or Damian Meia.

That is, if Anthony Rumble Johnson doesn't K him TFO first
just because you dont like him doesnt mean you have to say such silly things
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 11-18-2009, 03:57 AM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
just because you dont like him doesnt mean you have to say such silly things
I like GSP, but he beat up Matt .

HE MUST BE DEFEATED
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.