Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-15-2009, 12:40 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16 View Post
this is the second time I wanted randy to get koed. realy lame on randy's part and a realy lame fight over all
when shogun beats Lyoto for the second time I will enjoy watching randy get killed by him.

Randy fought the same exact fight against Gabriel Gonzaga.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner View Post
And won...

Shogun will not beat Lyoto... and Randy won't be able to beat Lyoto.. which is kinda sad.. but it's the truth!!.. Well.. Randy just beat the truth.. so I don't know....
Old 11-15-2009, 06:45 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
He was trying to take Brandon down to the ground but Brandon stuffed that. Randy obviously knew Brandon had the better stand-up, so.... It would have been foolish for him to stand there and bang with him. Those kicks of Brandon's were vicious!
Yup,but ppl are gonna complain no matter what that they weren't standing and trading blows. This fight is another example of never let it goto the judges so don't complain about the outcome.
Vera had some chances to finish the fight,but never capitalized on them so them are the breaks.
I'll be rooting for Hardy against GSP,though I don't expect him to win the fight. Though Im not sure he should be next,but then again who else;Fitch,Kos had their shots and lost...I like to see Hardy at least fight one more time before getting a shot(maybe against Paulo,Stun-Gun or Fitch).

*I think I will reserve judgement on Randy as Im goin on the fact this is his first fight at 205 in awhile,and at his age I think its harder on the body.....I understand him wanting to fight guys small as he his,but he just looked so good at HW.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner View Post
except he finished him with GNP

[
Old 11-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I feel sorry for Brandon Vera
Old 11-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Blade

That was a disgraceful decision, daylight bloody robbery. Couture sucks and is the most boring fighter to watch in all of mma. He looked more like a doorman trying to restrain a drunk in a nightclub than a mixed martial artist fighting on a main event. Any other fighter in the UFC would be cut after that lame-ass performance. And as for Vera, he's talented and exciting to watch when he actually does something, but my 96 year old grandmother is more aggressive than he is.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:37 PM
Rackin

I agree that it was a boring fight, but I think a look at the numbers does give Randy 2 rounds. Here is the compustrike totals by round

http://www.compustrike.com/stats_fil...uture-Vera.HTM

Randy outlander Vera 12 to 7 in the first with a take take-down and 34 to 9 in the last round, so you would have to say that his take-down and mount was worth more, yet he did nothing with it. Close fight could have been called either way and I do not think it would have been robbery.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:06 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
That was a disgraceful decision, daylight bloody robbery. Couture sucks and is the most boring fighter to watch in all of mma. He looked more like a doorman trying to restrain a drunk in a nightclub than a mixed martial artist fighting on a main event. Any other fighter in the UFC would be cut after that lame-ass performance. And as for Vera, he's talented and exciting to watch when he actually does something, but my 96 year old grandmother is more aggressive than he is.

god whats with the freaken new guys and the dumb ass posts. realy how many fights have you watched.
umm... vera is easly one of the top guys in the WORLD
Old 11-16-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpnsman2000 View Post
I agree the entire card was lame...I really cannot stand Bisping...he said he doesn't get the respect he deserves...who has he beaten? He is probably the only "big name" I wouldn't feel nervous about fighting...It seems to me most of the time when they are in Britain they give the local fighters easier comp. I'm not trying to start nothing but I mean if I'm mistaken please let me know...Sure Hardy took it to his opposition but that was it for me...Hardy is pretty tough but there ain't no way he is deserving to fight GSP.

Oh shut up!

You got it for free right? So stop whinging.

i was there and it was great set of fights. Most were exctiting and maybe Randy's wasn't the most interesting.

However, Randy is coming off a two fight loss streak, can you blame him for trying to squaek it out. His gameplan was the best, so be quiet with all your nonsense about it being lame.

Who remembers Hughes v Lytle, sometimes fights need to/forced to go like that.

This one coulda gone either way.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Krupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16 View Post
god whats with the freaken new guys and the dumb ass posts. realy how many fights have you watched.
Yeah, it's pretty funny, isn't it?

Couture is getting old. I figured this would be a boring fight. I can't help but wonder who's next for Randy and if he's even up to the task. If he had that much trouble with Vera, well...he's in trouble.