Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-15-2009, 03:14 AM

Yeah, it wasn't exciting, Randy even said it. However, Randy outmuscled Vera, took him out of his game and when it did go to the ground, Randy controlled Vera there too. Vera got some good kicks in, but it wasn't enough for the win. I agree with the decision.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:18 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Yeah, it wasn't exciting, Randy even said it. However, Randy outmuscled Vera, took him out of his game and when it did go to the ground, Randy controlled Vera there too. Vera got some good kicks in, but it wasn't enough for the win. I agree with the decision.
he did win but just in the gayest/lamest way ever.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16 View Post
he did win but just in the gayest/lamest way ever.
He was trying to take Brandon down to the ground but Brandon stuffed that. Randy obviously knew Brandon had the better stand-up, so.... It would have been foolish for him to stand there and bang with him. Those kicks of Brandon's were vicious!
Old 11-15-2009, 03:37 AM
wpnsman2000

Default LAME

I agree the entire card was lame...I really cannot stand Bisping...he said he doesn't get the respect he deserves...who has he beaten? He is probably the only "big name" I wouldn't feel nervous about fighting...It seems to me most of the time when they are in Britain they give the local fighters easier comp. I'm not trying to start nothing but I mean if I'm mistaken please let me know...Sure Hardy took it to his opposition but that was it for me...Hardy is pretty tough but there ain't no way he is deserving to fight GSP.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:38 AM
bradwright

Vera won the second round when Randy went down due to a body kick and Vera also won the third round when he took Randy down and mounted him...other then that there wasn't any action to speak of so even if you give the first round to Randy he still doesn't win the fight...i like Randy and dont really think much of Vera at all but it was a bad decision...Vera won the fight.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:49 AM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
that entire card sucked imo.

And why does Dan Hardy get a shot at gsp ? I dontthink anyone cares about that fight in the least. Give him the winner of koscheck / johnson.
because there is no one else. it will be a one sided fight.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:50 AM
Maldonado136

vera clearly did win but even if the decision was given to him he shouldnt be that proud of his performance.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:57 AM
MMeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
Vera won the second round when Randy went down due to a body kick and Vera also won the third round when he took Randy down and mounted him...other then that there wasn't any action to speak of so even if you give the first round to Randy he still doesn't win the fight...i like Randy and dont really think much of Vera at all but it was a bad decision...Vera won the fight.
This is exactly how I saw it as well. It was a pretty boring fight overall, but even though Randy managed to hold Vera against the cage for most of the fight, he didn't score any takedowns/strikes as a result. Vera had him hurt in the 2nd, and landed some decent kicks along with the takedown in the 3rd. Not a lot of action at all to score, but the little that was available went to Vera. Reputation win for Randy, imo
Old 11-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpnsman2000 View Post
I agree the entire card was lame...I really cannot stand Bisping...he said he doesn't get the respect he deserves...who has he beaten? He is probably the only "big name" I wouldn't feel nervous about fighting
Get real you Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins.

I don't get why so many people are complaining? You all knew what was on the card so what were you expecting? That was a good event. I'm no Bisping fan but that was a great fight to watch.

Last edited by Mac; 11-15-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:34 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
that entire card sucked imo.

And why does Dan Hardy get a shot at gsp ? I dontthink anyone cares about that fight in the least. Give him the winner of koscheck / johnson.

I agree 100%. I'm pretty sure the UFC expected Swick to win, he was far more deserving then Hardy. That said, Hardy beat the #1 contender so whatever, we'll see how Hardy does.