Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 11-15-2009, 02:01 AM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
SO who is the best in the world (according to this article)? They haven't beaten Fedor...

1. He fought Nog when Nog was considered the best HW in the world
2. He fought Mirko when Mirko was considered the only guy to beat him.
3. He fought Tim after he left the UFC and was considered the toughest available guy who could use his reach and take down defense to beat Fedor
4. He beat Arlovski after two big wins against Rothwell and Nelson. We forget that the UFC didn't cut him they just couldn't reach a contract at the time.
5. Barnett would've have been a great testand shut a lot of people up but BARNETT blew that one.

the critics are idiots. wait til Nog beats Lesnar.
You sir have my vote for forumite of the month. What will they say then? I can't wait to find out.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:30 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
SO who is the best in the world (according to this article)? They haven't beaten Fedor...

3. He fought Tim after he left the UFC and was considered the toughest available guy who could use his reach and take down defense to beat Fedor
4. He beat Arlovski after two big wins against Rothwell and Nelson. We forget that the UFC didn't cut him they just couldn't reach a contract at the time.
5. Barnett would've have been a great testand shut a lot of people up but BARNETT blew that one.

I hope that would shut up dam near every one with..... OMG if he is so great why not fight lesnar..... hummm because he got ass kicked by nog who lost to fedor twice
Old 11-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via Con Dios View Post
what a tool!

even if fedor never fights in the UFC he's still one of the best ever, IMO.
Agreed...

Quote:
honestly though, with the shenanigans that UFC pulls off (IE Brock Lesnar), who would really want to be stuck with them anyhow.
The vast majority of UFC fighters that put food on their table and have made millions might want to be stuck with them....

Quote:
MMA would really be much more interesting with many different entities, not just the UFC monopoly.
The UFC is HARDLY a monopoly... There are companies that start up every month (it seems).. they just fail.. sure the UFC puts pressure on them.. but that's business...

Quote:
they have too much control over a fighters career and livelyhood.
That depends on who you talk to.. Randy a few years back was hating them.. (as a company).. but he has been fighting with them again..

Quote:
can anyone EVER explain to me why Noguiera Couture didnt happen before lesnar couture?
Cause the fans love Randy.. Noguiera isn't an "American MMA Idol"

Quote:
isnt the interim champ supposed to fight the current champ as soon as the champ is available??? Nog was robbed! but what does UFC care? they just want ratings. Mongo crushed Capt. America
That's business..

Quote:
doesnt sound to me like a company i would want in control of my future.
then you can go fight in Affiliction.. or the IFL or EliteXC.... oh wait......

The UFC is not the Devil of MMA.. it has room for improvement.. (like the rased walk way to the cage... I will never give up on that!!).... but it is hardly out to chew up and spit out fighters....

You can always go to the World Combat League, which I actually like..
Old 11-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:

ZING!!!!!!
And the winner by most DESTRUCTIVE POST TECHNICINAL POST to a MMA critic is ......

Llaaaaaaaaaaaamaaaaaaaafiiiiiiiiiiiiightttttttttte rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 11-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Via Con Dios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Agreed...

The vast majority of UFC fighters that put food on their table and have made millions might want to be stuck with them....

The UFC is HARDLY a monopoly... There are companies that start up every month (it seems).. they just fail.. sure the UFC puts pressure on them.. but that's business...

That depends on who you talk to.. Randy a few years back was hating them.. (as a company).. but he has been fighting with them again..

Cause the fans love Randy.. Noguiera isn't an "American MMA Idol"

That's business..

then you can go fight in Affiliction.. or the IFL or EliteXC.... oh wait......

The UFC is not the Devil of MMA.. it has room for improvement.. (like the rased walk way to the cage... I will never give up on that!!).... but it is hardly out to chew up and spit out fighters....

You can always go to the World Combat League, which I actually like..
you make valid points...

i was speaking as though i were in fedor's shoes. sure, for many many fighters the UFC is the best its gonna get. but when you are already a serious force in the sport you can pick and choose your battles. Not every UFC fighter relies solely on the UFC to put food on their tables. I really just think that the people who can stand alone without the UFC should be able to do so without having the world trash them because they dont want to be a part of what many believe to be a somewhat shady organization. UFC wouldnt be "the best" if they didnt have most of the best fighters. i think it would be great to see some of the great fighters split off and help to form other profitable MMA companies.

you can argue all day that its just "business", but as a fan of MMA, im not in it to make money, i want to see the sport evolve and have more fighters and more competition. Could you imagine if there were 2 or 3 large MMA entities? they could each have great fighters and perhaps once a year do some sort of a super bowl/world series of fighting. that would be awesome! there would be more comptetition, more fighters getting a chance to prove themselves and make money, and we could still see the very best fighting the very best. Of course, this would require co-promotion, which UFC is obviously against. its just a thought...

Another issue is audience. perhaps the world of MMA isnt yet big enough to support multiple giants, but when it does get there, i would rather see 2 or 3 $300 million companies than one billion-dollar-UFC-Uber-company.

And the bottom line for me, if UFC cant control all the worlds best, they will never have complete control over the sport.

sorry for the rant.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:33 PM
wavetar

I don't really see why a 'monopoly' by the UFC should be automatically classified as a bad thing. They are simply the 'major league' of their sport...same as the NFL, MLB, NBA & NHL. There will always be 'farm teams' and 'college level' organizations out there for the folks who don't like supporting the big leagues.