Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 11-12-2009, 04:15 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default Tyson Arrested for Common Decency

I have no sympathy for paparazzi getting punched in the face. In fact, it's a shame it doesn't happen more often.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_people_mike_tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Police: Mike Tyson in scuffle at LA airport
LOS ANGELES Mike Tyson allegedly hit a photographer at Los Angeles International Airport and was booked and released on suspicion of misdemeanor battery Wednesday, police said.

Tyson and the unnamed photographer both want to press charges for misdemeanor battery, police said.

The paparazzo told police that the former heavyweight boxing champion struck him once, airport police spokesman Sgt. Jim Holcomb said. The photographer fell to the ground and was treated for a cut to his forehead at a hospital.

Tyson's spokeswoman Tammy Brook said the boxer was traveling with his wife and 10-month-old child Wednesday afternoon when he was attacked by an overly aggressive paparazzo. The 43-year-old acted in self-defense to protect his child, she said.

"There's a lot of different versions to this story and that's all going to come out later," Holcomb said. "Some witness statements support Tyson's version, others support the photographer's."

Paparazzi often camp out at Los Angeles' largest airport to get shots of celebrities in transit.

"I've heard people were following him into the men's room and trying to take his picture there," said Tyson's defense attorney, David Chesnoff. "My advice to him is going to be to vigorously press charges against what everyone agrees are ridiculously aggressive photographers."

Tyson was cooperative as he waited in a holding cell at the airport police station, Holcomb said. The photographer will also be booked once he is released from the hospital, police said.

Tyson became the youngest heavyweight champion ever in 1986 when he won his title as a 20-year-old. But his life since then has been marred by accusations of domestic violence, rape and cocaine use.

Tyson was convicted of rape in Indiana in 1992 and served three years in prison. He was disqualified from a 1997 heavyweight title fight when he bit off part of Evander Holyfield's right ear, and in 1999 he pleaded no contest to misdemeanor assault charges in Maryland.

In 2003, Tyson filed for Chapter 11 protection in U.S. Bankruptcy Court. He served 24 hours in an Arizona jail in 2007 after pleading guilty to cocaine possession and driving under the influence.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Good for Tyson, I hate the paparazzi too! At least somebody has the balls to do something about it.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:07 PM
County Mike

I punch out papparazzi almost daily. Can't stand those fools following me around.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:22 PM

The paparazzi are too aggressive towards celebraties. I can't blame Tyson for his actions. We all know he can be a little volatile, right? why poke the bear, man?

[
Old 11-12-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
The paparazzi are too aggressive towards celebraties. I can't blame Tyson for his actions. We all know he can be a little volatile, right? why poke the bear, man?
Well, at the very least, I'll bet the choose not to follow him anymore.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:19 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

EXACTLY!!!

It's friggin MIKE TYSON, I mean, do you WANT to get punched in the face by the guy? Because I would never run up on that dude shoving a camera in his face. I value my health.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:37 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
EXACTLY!!!

It's friggin MIKE TYSON, I mean, do you WANT to get punched in the face by the guy? Because I would never run up on that dude shoving a camera in his face. I value my health.
dude, these are paparazzi .. they are scum in the first place and they prey on people who they think will go bonkers on them .. they love jumping in front of britney spears cars, pissing off people .. that is what makes the headlines as they know the cameras are rolling .. and since people are too boring to be content with their own lives, they rely on the 'razzi to collect this junk ... just look at the tabloid mags and shows like tmz ... so for them, getting punched in the face by tyson, getting hit by a car, they don't care as it is a pay cheque for them ...
Old 11-12-2009, 08:43 PM
atomdanger

"I've heard people were following him into the men's room and trying to take his picture there"

You follow me into the bathroom with a camera and I might punch you also
Old 11-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Shane Lee 2

Good for Tyson! Thy should back off when he has his baby with him
Old 11-13-2009, 07:04 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
dude, these are paparazzi .. they are scum in the first place and they prey on people who they think will go bonkers on them .. they love jumping in front of britney spears cars, pissing off people .. that is what makes the headlines as they know the cameras are rolling .. and since people are too boring to be content with their own lives, they rely on the 'razzi to collect this junk ... just look at the tabloid mags and shows like tmz ... so for them, getting punched in the face by tyson, getting hit by a car, they don't care as it is a pay cheque for them ...
What does it also say about the people that buy the magazines and watch the shows like TMZ? If there wasn't a market for it, it wouldn't be the problem it now is I believe.

I for one don't purchase the sleaze rags and mags that these photos wind up in, nor do I watch the tabloid TV shows What a bunch of dreck.